PDA

View Full Version : White Sox WarmUp Jacket in RED

DoggPhood
07-11-2004, 10:25 PM
At the last few games I've been to, I've seen some people wearing a red warm-up type jacket with the '83 SOX logo. Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or where I can find it?

Max Power
07-11-2004, 11:23 PM
At the last few games I've been to, I've seen some people wearing a red warm-up type jacket with the '83 SOX logo. Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or where I can find it?
They have 2 white stripes down the sleeves? I've seen them on Ebay. Almost bought one. Not sure who makes it, I think Majestic. They're pretty sharp.

CHISOXFAN13
07-11-2004, 11:44 PM
I have seen them on occasion at some Marshall's locations.

maristsox
07-12-2004, 12:29 AM
i think i saw them at the Grandstand at 35th and wallace

C-Dawg
07-12-2004, 05:14 AM
I asked a guy on Friday who was wearing one; he said he got it at the park in Tucson during Spring Training. I thought that was amusing, since I went to Tucson in March and warmup jackets were the furthest from my mind! It was HOT! I did get a cool T-shirt there, which I've yet to see anyone at the Cell wearing but me.

jabrch
07-12-2004, 08:08 AM
I believe it is called the "Tunnel Jacket". I bought one at www.finishline.com (http://www.finishline.com)

DoggPhood
07-12-2004, 12:08 PM
This is it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24770&item=5106583161&rd=1

HOWEVER, and XXL is way too large for me and that's all I can find on eBay. Anyone know of any online retailers that will have it, and hopefully in other sizes?

OzzieBall2004
07-12-2004, 04:58 PM
oh my lord, look at what they did to the 83 jersey....

the ugliest damn jersey of all time (http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=cat10003&productId=prod437009&resetResult=true&displayBreadcrumb=true&Ntt=white+sox&N=0&isSearch=true&oldRequestedURI=%2fstore%2fcatalog%2fparamsearch.j sp&Nu=product_id&Ntk=ALL_FIELDS)

Unregistered
07-12-2004, 05:04 PM

the ugliest damn jersey of all time (http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=cat10003&productId=prod437009&resetResult=true&displayBreadcrumb=true&Ntt=white+sox&N=0&isSearch=true&oldRequestedURI=%2fstore%2fcatalog%2fparamsearch.j sp&Nu=product_id&Ntk=ALL_FIELDS)From the Finish Line Site:

CUSTOMER RATINGS

Rated:
http://www.finishline.com/store/images/5star.gifhttp://www.finishline.com/store/images/pixel.gifCarl Washington :: 2/24/2004
If you like retro jerseys this is one you need in your closet. So if you getting a retro jersey, get this White Sox jersey.. and make sure to get the matching hat too.

Spoken like a true moron. Sorry Carl, but no self respecting man should wear anything pink.

jabrch
07-12-2004, 08:36 PM
That is the Tunnell Jacket I got from Finishline.com. I got an XL and it was HUGE on me (5'11 210 lbs).

So if you think a XXL will be big - it might be enormous.

jabrch
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM

the ugliest damn jersey of all time (http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=cat10003&productId=prod437009&resetResult=true&displayBreadcrumb=true&Ntt=white+sox&N=0&isSearch=true&oldRequestedURI=%2fstore%2fcatalog%2fparamsearch.j sp&Nu=product_id&Ntk=ALL_FIELDS)
Half price - and still not selling - that means something, huh?

PeteFitz
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Gents,

Breaks down like this.

My dad has fallen in love with this Red Retro Tunnel Jacket. We went to opening day and saw a few of them, and since that time, the only time he decides to shut up about his want for the jacket is when he sleeps.

His birthday is rolling around. Going to be 56. I'm trying to track down one of these badboys to make his day, but also shut him up. It will be a present of dual action. His delight and my ears delight as well.

Trying to find a large. Searched the net. Ebay, Finish line, etc., etc. Came up Craps.

I Was hoping one of you fine folks have recently stumbled upon one or seen them listed somewhere.

If you have, please post the locale. I would say something like "my sick dad" to stir up an empathy search, but he is fine. Probably in better shape then I.

Thanks in Advance.

The Fitz
Go Buehrls.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Ebay link doesn't show a jacket, says it's no longer available. And I can't find it on the finishline site either.

Baby Fisk
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
When in doubt, check out Grandstand.

ilsox7
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Ebay link doesn't show a jacket, says it's no longer available. And I can't find it on the finishline site either.

Might have something to do with the fact that this thread is almost 2 years old.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Damn it. I want my red jacket!

MarySwiss
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM

That is truly hideous!

:bundy

Baby Fisk
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
That is truly hideous!

Has anyone been able to learn the story behind that pink & green jersey atrocity? Why was it allowed to see the light of day, and who actually wears these things?

jenn2080
04-21-2006, 01:02 PM
When in doubt, check out Grandstand.

looking for the same coat they didnt have it

MarySwiss
04-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Has anyone been able to learn the story behind that pink & green jersey atrocity? Why was it allowed to see the light of day, and who actually wears these things?
Someone who has no taste whatsoever. :D:

PeteFitz
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I hadn't checked out that pink jersey when I ressurected the thread, but...my dear lord. Only Big Gay AL could pull off that atrocity. And even he, may not look so super.

Hell it's only 19.99. Give it to a Cub fan for his/her birthday as a gag.

Anyhoo,

I took Baby Fisk's advice and checked out Grandstandsox.com and they don't have it on the webbie, but I have contacted their customer service to see if majestic can help.

I will report back with the info.

Sorry for the confusion about the links being two years old. I could have started a new thread but I decided to un-dead this one.

Fitz
Go Sox

HotelWhiteSox
04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes, I want this as well, I always see it at the park, but haven't been able to track it down. I asked here a while ago but got no answer

jenn2080
04-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Good Cuz im trying to find the coat too.

Hangar18
04-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I took Baby Fisk's advice and checked out Grandstandsox.com and they don't have it on the webbie, but I have contacted their customer service to see if majestic can help.

I will report back with the info.

Sorry for the confusion about the links being two years old. I could have started a new thread but I decided to un-dead this one.

Fitz
Go Sox

Majestic wont help you. They DO NOT make that jacket anymore and was last available in 2003. Any retailers that had the jacket, have long since put whatever was left on sale, in order to get new stuff. The only way you will find that jacket, is if someone who owns one decides to sell it on Ebay. The last jacket like that one that was on Ebay, was sold in January for well over $150 ! When the bidding got that high, i said forget it. If your willing to pay that price ............. one of those will surface there again at some point

PeteFitz
04-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update Hangar, albeit bad news.

Well the quest continues. Maybe I'll find one in Utah or something.

Fitz
Go Sox.

MarySwiss
04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
[Slight Thread Detour]BTW, awhile back some people were looking for those really cool World Champs clubhouse caps and not finding them anywhere. Then the other day I was watching the game, and the camera flashed by a concession stand at the park. I could have sworn I saw a few stacks of those caps. Does anybody know if they started making them again? I have one, but I've been kicking myself for only buying one, and I'd love to pick up another one when I hit town. They're not on MLB.com; I just checked. So it's entirely possible I was just seeing things.[/endSTD]

jenn2080
04-21-2006, 01:37 PM
check this one out....

http://mvp.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1799559

Hangar18
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
check this one out....

http://mvp.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1799559

HOLY CRAP! $224.99 ?!!!!! Thats price gouging now ............
those jackets are just polyester, similar to something you'd find with those running suits (jacket and matching pants). Those jackets were sold for only $59 before. now over $200? no thanks

PeteFitz
04-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Agreed.

That is rent, not polyester jacket money. Plus I'm partial to the red anyways. Don't know why. Just am. Good find though. I've seen a couple of the blue ones floating around the web.

Fitz
Go under $100 jackets.

jenn2080
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
I want the red one too...like that is my goal of the summer ;-) the blue one aint that bad though

Chicken Dinner
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
those jackets are just polyester, similar to something you'd find with those running suits (jacket and matching pants). Those jackets were sold for only $59 before. now over $200? no thanks

That's worse than gas!!!!!!!!

Uncle_Patrick
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. That price is outrageous. It better come with tickets to a game or something.