PDA

View Full Version : Who Moves Around?

soxwon
07-11-2004, 08:58 PM
just curious, im a season ticket holder upstairs, but i rarely sit inn my seats, i prefer lower deck.
Who here buys a ticket and moves around?
if i get booted i move on.
whats your thoughts, do you sit in the seat your ticket says?

munchman33
07-11-2004, 09:02 PM
I hate people who don't sit in their own seats. Its a nuisance both to the people whose seats those are, and the people around you, as their view of the game is blocked by you, the party whose seats those are, and the ushers they bring down to kick you out.

You don't want to sit in your upperdeck seats. Fine. Sit in the bullpen bar. Or on top of the center field patio. Or watch from the concourse. But please don't disturb those fans that pay and sit in their assigned seats who simply want to watch the ballgame without distraction. That's all I ask.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
i move around in the upper deck when i go if it's raining. the only games i've been to this year have been in UD reserve(all i can afford right now) but in the first few rows. if it rains, I just move up higher so I can be under the roof. Is it wrong to do that????

BigEdWalsh
07-12-2004, 12:22 PM
When I first started taking my kid to games we would move around. I wanted to let him see different views of the game. But, now we stay put. I hate when somebody comes and sits right in front of me if nobody has sat there the entire game. :angry:

skobabe8
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I really dont see a problem with moving around. To me, its not that big of a deal if someones sitting in my seats to ask them if they have the right ones. This usually doesnt happen to me because the seats i get aren't that coveted, but how hard is it to ask to see a ticket stub? The ticket trumps all. Not everyone can afford to sit front row behind the dugout for every game. Plus, its cool to get different perspectives of the game from around the ballpark. If im sitting in someone elses seats and they show up, i move without hesitation. No need for ushers to get involved. No big scene. It should be flattering if people are sitting in your seats. That means they're pretty good!

SoxFan76
07-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I can't stand when people move around. Especially when you are sitting peacefully with nobody in the seats around you, then some people plop down right in front of you.

munchman33
07-12-2004, 07:27 PM
It seems to me that the only people who don't have a problem with people moving around are the ones that do it. Can't you see that it bothers everyone else!

If I had my way, anyone sitting in a seat they didn't pay for gets ejected immediately.

Realist
07-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I have season tickets and I move around quite a bit. It's not that I sit in other people's seats though. When I say I move around, I mean I may lap the park or run into friends on the left field concourse and watch the game with them for awhile. Maybe I'll scoot out to the fan deck for an inning or two and watch the view from there. Sometimes I'll watch an inning fromt he concourse behind home plate.

The only time I sneak into different seats than my own is if a friend has seats elsewhere in the park and they tell me that no one has sat in the seats next to them all game and it's already the 5th inning. Then I'll sneak down by them to watch the game. Sometimes I'll do the same for friends with the empty seats that may be near my seats.

skobabe8
07-12-2004, 07:57 PM
It seems to me that the only people who don't have a problem with people moving around are the ones that do it. Can't you see that it bothers everyone else!

If I had my way, anyone sitting in a seat they didn't pay for gets ejected immediately.

You are :kukoo:!

Allow me to clarify....

IF I do move, I do it on rare occasions. Maybe a couple of times a year. I also do it in the latter innings when I notice that either: A) No one has sat in a particular seat the entire game, or B) Whoever was sitting there has left for whatever reason. And how exactly does this "bother everyone else"?

Blueprint1
07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
I like to walk around the park and watch the games from different areas. Most of the time I don't even sit down i just watch from the concourse. the fan deck is my favorate place to watch a game. I end up in the fan deck pretty much every game I go to.

soxwon
07-12-2004, 08:30 PM

suppose you paid for a seat behind home plate
in the cold, and move to a sun seat in left field
going from expensive to cheaper.
is that ok?

why would anyone want to sit in the cold box seats behind home or first.
when they can sit in the sun, its almost a 10-15 degree difference .