PDA

View Full Version : This is too bad

OfficerKarkovice
09-26-2001, 08:09 PM
Alex Fernandez anounced his retirement finally because of hit career ending arm injury. I always like this guy. His final career numbers were really impressive. He really had a shot to be quite the good pitcher if he wouldnt have had that injury. Its too bad.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0926/1255749.html

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 08:10 PM
:reinsy
That is why I don't give long term deal's to pitchers.

KempersRS
09-26-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yeah, where would I get the money anyway? These damn fans won't come to my games!

stosh
09-26-2001, 11:27 PM
Yea I liked him too. In fact that 1990 team is still my favorite one of all time. Although the team kinda grew together last year, that team really coined the phrase "hey the kids can play".

GASHWOUND
09-26-2001, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Maybe reinsy has something there. Didn't sign Alex, left..Been injured ever since. Wilson Alverez, didn't want to resign him, traded him..been injured ever since. What am i talkin' about.. He's still an idiot.

mrwag
09-27-2001, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by stosh
Yea I liked him too. In fact that 1990 team is still my favorite one of all time. Although the team kinda grew together last year, that team really coined the phrase "hey the kids can play".

I agree 100%. Even though we won 95 games and made the post-season, that 90 team was the funnest, most exciting group. Add to that the fact it was the last year in Old Comiskey. I still watch the 1990 highlight video from time to time...

Joel Perez
09-27-2001, 01:32 PM
God bless Alex Fernandez. I miss him already.

I still have that Sports Illustrated article from many years ago--a writeup on "The Big Young 3"--Fernandez, Alvarez, and Bere for an uprising Sox team in the early 90s.

My, how unfortunate for all.