PDA

View Full Version : Sounds of the Game

mealfred13
07-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Anyone else love the Sounds of the Game player mic-ing that Foxsports is doing? It's great to hear the guys talking on the field and in the dugout having fun.

For example, I found it pretty funny on saturday's game when they cut to Garland in the dugout saying something along the lines of "Well...that's the last pistachio. They're gone. THEY GAWN!"

Hawk and DJ got a good laugh out of it too....heh

owensmouth
07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
They should put the mike on Harold. Be interesting to hear if he says ten words.

mealfred13
07-11-2004, 05:18 PM
10? Be interesting to see if he says 5.

LongLiveFisk
07-11-2004, 05:21 PM
They should put the mike on Harold. Be interesting to hear if he says ten words.
You'll probably just hear "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

:wink:

Blob
07-11-2004, 05:24 PM
You'll probably just hear "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

:wink:
That would confuse people and think Manuel is back again.

bafiarocks03
07-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I love sounds of the game.....but like with Jon Garland they only let us hear thing he was saying once.....and i thought that was so cute when he was saying that...and he was like talking to Scotty and Scotty wasn't even looking or saying anything back to him....it was funny! :D:

juanuribe
07-11-2004, 06:00 PM
How could anyone miss Dog'Angelo? He was one of the biggest lazy dogs in CWS history. Jimenez has tons of talent, tons of dog crap where a brain should be.

bafiarocks03
07-11-2004, 06:03 PM
How could anyone miss Dog'Angelo? He was one of the biggest lazy dogs in CWS history. Jimenez has tons of talent, tons of dog crap where a brain should be.
hey buddy.....shut it......leave my D'Angelo alone...i love him!!!

nitetrain8601
07-11-2004, 06:06 PM
hey buddy.....shut it......leave my D'Angelo alone...i love him!!!
He's a bum. A big bum. All the talent in the world, but s*** for a brain. I tried to like the guy, but I was glad he left. And doesn't Miguel Olivo have something wrong with a kidney? I hope him the best with that and I hope it doesn't stop him from being the best catcher in the history of the major league's.

bafiarocks03
07-11-2004, 06:11 PM
He's a bum. A big bum. All the talent in the world, but s*** for a brain. I tried to like the guy, but I was glad he left.
ya know i don't like all this bad talking about my D'Angelo....can we please stop!.....:(:

nitetrain8601
07-11-2004, 06:12 PM
ya know i don't like all this bad talking about my D'Angelo....can we please stop!.....:(:
He sucks. A Bum. He has undeniable talent but no brain at all.

bafiarocks03
07-11-2004, 06:15 PM
He sucks. A Bum. He has undeniable talent but no brain at all.
HE does not suck....hes good....but we need to stop talking about him now...cuz i don't like this!>...:whiner:

JGarlandrules20
07-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Anyone else love the Sounds of the Game player mic-ing that Foxsports is doing? It's great to hear the guys talking on the field and in the dugout having fun.

For example, I found it pretty funny on saturday's game when they cut to Garland in the dugout saying something along the lines of "Well...that's the last pistachio. They're gone. THEY GAWN!"Aww, I'm sad that I missed that. I remember when Aaron made those nice catches that one game and they had the sound of the guys congratulating him, sounded like someone said "Yeah Row-dog!"..lol or maybe I just imagined it.

I like it. It's really cool to just get a little taste of what the players say to eachother on the field/in the dugout.

South Side
07-11-2004, 07:18 PM
He's a bum. A big bum. All the talent in the world, but s*** for a brain. I tried to like the guy, but I was glad he left. And doesn't Miguel Olivo have something wrong with a kidney? I hope him the best with that and I hope it doesn't stop him from being the best catcher in the history of the major league's.
He had kidney stones. You make it sound like he needs a transplant or something... And no one ever said Miguel will be the best in history. But he is going to be great.

juanuribe
07-11-2004, 07:32 PM
HE does not suck....hes good....but we need to stop talking about him now...cuz i don't like this!>...:whiner:
The dingleberry who used to play 2B for us named Dog'Angelo may be GOOD, but he should be GREAT! He was one of the Yankmes highly touted prospects, and has never (and probably will never) live up to that potential. What a shame. Sorry to burst your bubble, but someone should.

mealfred13
07-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Aww, I'm sad that I missed that. I remember when Aaron made those nice catches that one game and they had the sound of the guys congratulating him, sounded like someone said "Yeah Row-dog!"..lol or maybe I just imagined it.

I like it. It's really cool to just get a little taste of what the players say to eachother on the field/in the dugout.
I also liked the other day when Burke walked up to Cotts and said something along the lines of "Yeah man, that stuff was NASTY. You should do that every day." It looked like Cotts really was happy about it, which is good to see for a young player to build his confidence. We need more sounds of the game.

Whitesox029
07-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I've only heard them do this once and it was Jose yelling "HOME!" to Joe when he got a grounder to nail an Angels player trying to score on a groundout. I think they should mic Shingo just to hear him yell when he gets the third out.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-11-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't know if anyone was able to watch the Cards - Cubs game on Saturday - I did before I left for the Sox game, and they had a full 2-inning conversation with Steve Cline in the bullpen. It was one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

This could be the answer to cutting down DJ's airtime!! We could mic different guys up in the pen and let Hawk have conversations with them. That would be awesome - and a guaranteed laugh!

skobabe8
07-12-2004, 05:00 AM
I don't know if anyone was able to watch the Cards - Cubs game on Saturday - I did before I left for the Sox game, and they had a full 2-inning conversation with Steve Cline in the bullpen. It was one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

This could be the answer to cutting down DJ's airtime!! We could mic different guys up in the pen and let Hawk have conversations with them. That would be awesome - and a guaranteed laugh!

I saw that and it was really funny. His comments on just about every pitch were cracking me up. It would be a GREAT idea for comcast to implement something like that for next year.

less DJ = better. His play-by-play, on the rare occasions when he has to do it, is brutal.

mealfred13
07-12-2004, 03:06 PM

They did have the dugout mic'd for a few minutes during Sunday's sox game too. Ozzie was talking about God knows what and joking around with the players in the dugout. That's almost a liability though, because he probably swears for every fourth word out of his mouth. Not that I would mind!