PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Hear Hawk Swear During 7/11 Broadcast?

BeerHandle
07-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Did anyone hear Hawk say "*****" during the broadcast today? They were having technical trouble with the sound when the players were taking the field. Hawk and DJ kept saying "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10". Then Hawk says, "how can you be live, go away for 20 seconds and you can't hear *****" It was hysterical.

bbadger2002
07-11-2004, 03:41 PM
I normally hate to see our announcer use a national broadcast as a bully-pulpit, but it's nice to see that Hawk has the cojones to call out the ridiculous all-star selection process. 5 Indians??? Anyone else going to skip watching it?

dpbyron
07-11-2004, 03:43 PM
I did! It was on the Digital Hi def channel only!

BeerHandle
07-11-2004, 03:45 PM
I normally hate to see our announcer use a national broadcast as a bully-pulpit, but it's nice to see that Hawk has the cojones to call out the ridiculous all-star selection process. 5 Indians??? Anyone else going to skip watching it?
I believe he said, "that is b.s., with a CAPITAL B and a CAPITAL S"

BeerHandle
07-11-2004, 03:47 PM
I did! It was on the Digital Hi def channel only!
That is where I heard it.

Nick@Nite
07-11-2004, 03:49 PM
And 8 Yankees on the roster... to paraphrase Hawk, "it's gone far enough".

Btw, the ASG, I probably won't watch.

Dan H
07-11-2004, 03:50 PM
I think the selection process is awful and the Sox got snubbed. But the All-Star game has gotten old for me. I want to the Sox to remain focused on the division race ahead. If they win something of significance this year, then they will have a chance to get more All-Stars next year. Right now taking thie division and more is much more important to me as a fan. It may even be good for everyone on the team to get a few days rest anyway.

TDog
07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
If no one in Chicago watched the All-Star game this year, MLB would notice. The problem is, MLB doesn't seem to understand that there is a team in Chicago beside the Cubs.

dpbyron
07-11-2004, 04:02 PM
I believe he said, "that is b.s., with a CAPITAL B and a CAPITAL S"This was BEFORE the game started. He did say BS during his rant, but this was during the the soundcheck right before the game and it was only heard on channel 9-1 Digital Channel 9 in Chicago. He said "Now, I can't hear S***"

I think the mods combined these threads when we are talking about two completely different things.

Daver
07-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I think the mods can do their job without someone using huge letters to offer criticism.

dpbyron
07-11-2004, 04:30 PM
I think the mods can do their job without someone using huge letters to offer criticism.Easy... :?:
I like using the larger fonts since the redesign. Anyway, I was just trying to clarify the fact that it was two separate events.

inta
07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Hawk has used the "B.S." bit on air before.

when garland got booted last year for plunking some twins, while the twins started it and got no bootage... he repeated "that is B.S." over and over.

no big deal, you see zambrano mouthing far worse expletives while on the mound during any start.

doublem23
07-11-2004, 04:44 PM
I was just trying to clarify the fact that it was two separate events.
True, but they have one central theme... Hawk's potty-mouth. We don't need a new thread for everything Hawk says.

Aidan
07-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Hawk swears alot and I don't think he even realizes it. I could swear I heard him say "****ty" during the Cubs @ White Sox series.

owensmouth
07-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Btw, the ASG, I probably won't watch.
Neither will I . I don't watch Yankee games

doublem23
07-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Hawk swears alot and I don't think he even realizes it. I could swear I heard him say "****ty" during the Cubs @ White Sox series.
Please don't circumvent the language filters. Thanks.

grebeck18
07-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Did something happen during the Yankees clinch of the East at the Cell last September? I heard that some Yankees people were mistreated by Sox people and that this could be the cause of the White Sox All-Star snub by Torre. I don't mean to star rumors but Hawk's vehemence on today's broadcast made me think that there might be more to the lack of Sox All-Stars. I searched the message board archives but could not find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?

HITMEN OF 77
07-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Didn't hear Hawk swear, but did enjoy his bit on breast milk. LOL!!

rmusacch
07-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah that was funny.

Tmar281
07-11-2004, 08:14 PM
do you know what day that was?

Lip Man 1
07-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Hawk called out an umpire in Texas in 1993 when he blew a call on a ball down the line. Replays showed he clearly was wrong, the Sox lost the game and Hawk was pissed saying 'that's a BS call...'

Also in regards to the All Star Game, of the six teams in first place the Sox haven't the fewest number of 'stars,' now that Abrau was added to the N.L. representing the Phillies.
Lip

SOXPHILE
07-11-2004, 10:28 PM
I will be watching the All Star Game. I agree that the whole selection process, i.e. fan voting, (8 Yankees ? 5 Indians ??!!) is flawed, and that it's absolutely asinine that an exhibition game's outcome determines homefield advantage for the World Series, but I've pretty much been watching it my whole life, and it's sort of a mid-summer tradition, lame as that sounds. I still do find it much more entertaining than the All Star games for the other 3 pro sports leagues. I know I'll probably get ripped for this, but that's my 2 cents. :redneck

Brian26
07-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Hawk called out an umpire in Texas in 1993 when he blew a call on a ball down the line. Replays showed he clearly was wrong, the Sox lost the game and Hawk was pissed saying 'that's a BS call...'
I remember seeing that when I was in college. I'm almost positive it was the end of '91 season. It was a hit down the leftfield line that ended the game. I remember Hawk saying "and he's looking right at the damn ball and still misses it!"

WSox8404
07-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Easy... :?:
I like using the larger fonts since the redesign. Anyway, I was just trying to clarify the fact that it was two separate events.
BTW....Who is that fine looking woman???

owensmouth
07-12-2004, 02:30 AM
I will be watching the All Star Game. I agree that the whole selection process, i.e. fan voting, (8 Yankees ? 5 Indians ??!!) is flawed, and that it's absolutely asinine that an exhibition game's outcome determines homefield advantage for the World Series, but I've pretty much been watching it my whole life, and it's sort of a mid-summer tradition, lame as that sounds. I still do find it much more entertaining than the All Star games for the other 3 pro sports leagues. I know I'll probably get ripped for this, but that's my 2 cents. :redneck
Not by me you won't. My objection is to the overabundance of the freeking Yankees. I just hope that next year Ozzie remembers how his team was slighted and employees NO YANKEE RESERVES!!!

BeerHandle
07-12-2004, 09:22 AM
do you know what day that was?
He actually said Mother's Milk and it was during Sunday's game.

Vernam
07-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Did something happen during the Yankees clinch of the East at the Cell last September? I heard that some Yankees people were mistreated by Sox people and that this could be the cause of the White Sox All-Star snub by Torre. I don't mean to star rumors but Hawk's vehemence on today's broadcast made me think that there might be more to the lack of Sox All-Stars. I searched the message board archives but could not find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?I don't know anything about it, but one of the morning sports guys (WSCR, I think) mentioned it this a.m. I can't find any other reference to it on WSI or via Google. So either there's a print story I missed, or all by yourself you succeeded in getting this mentioned on-air, Grebeck18. :smile:

I'd love to hear the details . . .

Vernam

nasox
07-12-2004, 01:27 PM
True, but they have one central theme... Hawk's potty-mouth. We don't need a new thread for everything Hawk says.

Or do we?.......I can see it now:

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Hawk calls little nubber a ducksnort! WSI reports!"