PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a tape of the last game at old Comiskey Park

32nd&Wallace
07-11-2004, 03:26 PM
If anyone has a tape, VHS of the last game at Old Comiskey, commericals and all, I would be looking to purchase it. If anyone has a copy that they dont want to sell, I would be willing to pay extra....

robertks61
07-11-2004, 07:46 PM
If anyone has a tape, VHS of the last game at Old Comiskey, commericals and all, I would be looking to purchase it. If anyone has a copy that they dont want to sell, I would be willing to pay extra....

When I get some spare time I'll make you a copy.

BainesHOF
07-11-2004, 07:52 PM
I have the game on two DVDs and can make DVD copies if anyone is interested. I can trade 'em for memorabilia or perhaps we can work out something else if that's easier for you. My e-mail is salukidave@hotmail.com.

32nd&Wallace
07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
I have the game on two DVDs and can make DVD copies if anyone is interested. I can trade 'em for memorabilia or perhaps we can work out something else if that's easier for you. My e-mail is salukidave@hotmail.com.D How far back do the tapes go and do they include commericals?

BainesHOF
07-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I'll have to check if they include commercials. If I remember right, the version I have includes the pre-game. Does anyone remember Al Janis?

I also have the final night game as well.

BainesHOF
07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Just checked the last game. It includes the pre-game show and commercials. The quality is very good.

LongLiveFisk
07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
I have the game on two DVDs and can make DVD copies if anyone is interested. I can trade 'em for memorabilia or perhaps we can work out something else if that's easier for you. My e-mail is salukidave@hotmail.com.
Is there anything Sox-related in particular you would be looking for? And if a trade isn't possible, how much would you charge for the DVDs?

Lip Man 1
07-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I also have the last night game September 30, 1990 plus the WGN-TV news right afterwards. They had stories from the park and a longer sports segment with Dan Rohn.

Fisk e-mail me your e-mail address and I'll get a list to you and send you my updated list in a few days. I have complete games from as far back as 1981 and audio / video highlights from as far back as 1953. Plus specials, documentaries, spring training shows from the 60's, and some 70's material as well.

mliptak1@ida.net

Lip

BainesHOF
07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
You can e-mail me at salukidave@hotmail.com. I can have the DVDs in Monday's mail if anyone is in a hurry.

Brian26
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Funny you mention this, because I have the last night game and all-day ceremonies for the final game on tape, and I was watching them last week.

Al Janis' cup of coffee in Chicago must not have lasted more than a few weeks. Chet Coppock came on the pre-game and asked everyone to give Al a big Chicago welcome since he was from San Diego.

There was an excellent interview with a guy that was the bat boy for the Sox during the '68 season, and he talked all the changes to the park and uniforms for that season.

The Seattle pitcher in the night game the night before...believe it or not was Mike Jackson.

There's a great interview in the booth with Reinsdorf during the final night game as Wimpy and Jim Durham ask him questions. It's just so funny to go back and hear JR talk about having to pay Robin and Frank and BARRY JONES big money to keep them locked up for the future.

Barry Jones' record in the final night game when he came in- amazingly, 11-3. What a vulcher.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Could that batboy have been the Tribune's Bob Sakamoto?

He won an essay contest and was a batboy for the Sox for one of the years in the late 60's, either 68 or 69.

Lip

Brian26
07-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Could that batboy have been the Tribune's Bob Sakamoto?

He won an essay contest and was a batboy for the Sox for one of the years in the late 60's, either 68 or 69.

Lip
Lip-

It definitely wasn't Sakamoto. Just an average guy.