PDA

View Full Version : Dibble: Injuns will hang in the race...

Bisco Stu
07-10-2004, 06:43 PM
...because neither the Sox nor the Twins have a Sept-tested fireman.

The Wimperoo
07-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Right, good logic. If it wasn't for Cleveland's bullpen they would probably have close the same record as the Sox. Dibble is a dope.

johnny_mostil
07-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Well since they have as many All-Stars as the rest of the division (Joe Torre is a schmuck) I don't understand why they aren't 42 games up on everybody else.

TDog
07-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Rod Dibble was once protecting a two-run lead for the Sox, with two out and no one on in the ninth. The Angels tied the game without hitting a fair ball, and the Sox lost the game in the 10th.

Why should I listen to anything he has to say now?

Brian26
07-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Can someone put Dibble and Kruk in a wheel-barrow and push them off a cliff?

Aidan
07-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Can someone put Dibble and Kruk in a wheel-barrow and push them off a cliff?I wouldn't want to be the one pushing that wheelbarrow full of lard.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Rob Dibble ought to have enough brains to at least wait until Cleveland gets over .500 before he shoots his mouth off.

I'm quaking in my boots, Rob.

:cool:

dpbyron
07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
...because neither the Sox nor the Twins have a Sept-tested fireman.He's right. Shingo has only been OCTOBER tested :rolleyes:

depy48
07-10-2004, 09:34 PM
this coming from the same experts who picked trhe royals to win the division....

CWSGuy406
07-10-2004, 09:50 PM
this coming from the same experts who picked trhe royals to win the division....
Actually - Reynolds was the only moron to pick the Sox. IIRC Kruk picked the Sox to win it. I like Kruk, he's the only stooge on the BBTN crew I can handle. And Kurkjian (sp?) isn't terrible, but that's usually cause he relays stats and facts as opposed to analysis.

depy48
07-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Actually - Reynolds was the only moron to pick the Sox. IIRC Kruk picked the Sox to win it. I like Kruk, he's the only stooge on the BBTN crew I can handle. And Kurkjian (sp?) isn't terrible, but that's usually cause he relays stats and facts as opposed to analysis.
granted i do remember kruk picking the sox, but i remember a lot more people chose the royals not the sox. i always tune into bbtn, but some the way bbtn experts spin their opinions to prove ideas and prediction get me upset. this is a case of dibble doing just that.

Basten
07-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Rob Dibble ought to have enough brains to at least wait until Cleveland gets over .500 before he shoots his mouth off.

I'm quaking in my boots, Rob.

:cool:
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him over this.

Indians can mash the ball with the best of them and their 1-2-3, Sabathia-Westbrook-Lee, so far have kicked Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza's collective ass.

Head to head? Sox lead 5-4, but 3 of those wins came on comebacks in latter innings - including a very freaky one (defensive sub Broussard dropping the ball in the 9th) at USCF. I'd say Tribe has given us a run for our money and if we take them for granted in the 2nd half, they WILL punish us.

Their undoing of course is their pen and inexperience. But remember, if their GM ever decided to double the payroll (right now it's under 40 Mill I think) with free agents, and when Kody Gerut and Casey Blake catch up with Lawton and Hefner, Indians would be the best team in ALC or very close to that level.

That said, Sox have to take care of business and not look back. If they can't take of business against the Indians, what chance do they stand against Yanks/Red Sox in October?

nitetrain8601
07-11-2004, 08:09 PM
1)Let's wait until we're actually in the playoffs to talk about the Red Sox or Yankees.

2)Gammons was the one who predicted us to finish last. I have that on tape just for reference. Reynolds predicted us to finish one spot ahead what Gammons predicted us to finish. I remember because Reynolds said afterwards, "are you sure about that?" They barely missed the playoffs, and then he went into his predictions by saying they would finish better than that.

OG4LIFE
07-11-2004, 08:22 PM
1)Let's wait until we're actually in the playoffs to talk about the Red Sox or Yankees.

2)Gammons was the one who predicted us to finish last. I have that on tape just for reference. Reynolds predicted us to finish one spot ahead what Gammons predicted us to finish. I remember because Reynolds said afterwards, "are you sure about that?" They barely missed the playoffs, and then he went into his predictions by saying they would finish better than that.

gammonds picked us to finish last?? omg- i remember everyone dogging us in the preseason, with the royals being the trendy pick, but i dont remember anyone saying we'd finish last.

if you have an electronic video clip of gammonds' prediction, please post it so i can pee my pants laughing at him

fquaye149
07-11-2004, 09:08 PM
gammonds picked us to finish last?? omg- i remember everyone dogging us in the preseason, with the royals being the trendy pick, but i dont remember anyone saying we'd finish last.

if you have an electronic video clip of gammonds' prediction, please post it so i can pee my pants laughing at him
i thought the picks were:

Gammons:

twins
royals
sox
jndjans
tigers

HR:

Twins
Royals
Jndjans
Sox
Tigers

nitetrain8601
07-11-2004, 09:14 PM

Gammons:

twins
royals
sox
jndjans
tigers

HR:

Twins
Royals
Jndjans
Sox
Tigers
Switch Gammons with Reynolds. I'm pretty sure they predicted the Tigers to finish third though too.

I think it was this

Gammons:
Twins
Royals
Indians
Tigers(cas of I-Rod)
White Sox

HR:
Twins
Royals
Indians
White Sox
Tigers

I know for sure that Gammons predicted us to finish worse than HR did though.

Basten
07-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Switch Gammons with Reynolds. I'm pretty sure they predicted the Tigers to finish third though too.

I think it was this

Gammons:
Twins
Royals
Indians
Tigers(cas of I-Rod)
White Sox

HR:
Twins
Royals
Indians
White Sox
Tigers

I know for sure that Gammons predicted us to finish worse than HR did though.

LMAO. Such dopes.

Mickster
07-11-2004, 10:26 PM

Gammons:

twins
royals
sox
jndjans
tigers

HR:

Twins
Royals
Jndjans
Sox
Tigers
Correct-a-mundo! :smile:

Whitesox029
07-12-2004, 12:09 AM
...because neither the Sox nor the Twins have a Sept-tested fireman.No, Shingo Takatsu is not a suitable closer for late season pressure situations, having never given up a run in postseason play in Japan.

Yes, David Riske is a good, "september-tested" closer, as evidenced by his amazing 14 career saves.

Yes, Rob Dibble knows what he is talking about.