PDA

View Full Version : The Cardinals.

cheeses_h_rice
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Up 5-2 on the Flubs in the bottom of the 8th and about to take an 8-game lead over them. I think this will put the Flubs back to third place if not fourth.

Thank god the Sox play in the weak ol' AL Central!

:gulp:

WinningUgly!
07-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Up 5-2 on the Flubs in the bottom of the 8th and about to take an 8-game lead over them. I think this will put the Flubs back to third place if not fourth.

It's funny how fast they've dropped in the standings. After they beat us Sunday night, they were only 2 games behind STL. Now they're 8 back...

:hawk
"Mercy!"

CyYoung5621
07-10-2004, 04:38 PM
I guess the Cardinals are the real deal. I thought in the pre-season they wouldnt have enough pitching but man they have been excellent.

DSpivack
07-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes!

HomeFish
07-10-2004, 04:42 PM
We still need the Giants to win, though. The Cubs are tied for the NL Wildcard with them.

smalls17
07-10-2004, 04:52 PM
why is it that the sox are game and a half out and everyone is worried about them but, with the cubs being 8 games none of there fans are worried yet. if we were 8 games out i would be terrified.

HomeFish
07-10-2004, 05:04 PM
why is it that the sox are game and a half out and everyone is worried about them but, with the cubs being 8 games none of there fans are worried yet. if we were 8 games out i would be terrified.

The Cubs have the wildcard to fall back on. Plus, I doubt most of their fans can understand the standings or that the Cubs haven't yet clinched a playoff spot.

hose
07-10-2004, 05:14 PM

Thank god the Sox play in the weak ol' AL Central!

My best friend for over 40 years is a die hard Cub fan and he is acting like the season is over.

I'll give him credit, all he cares about is the Cubs winning baseball games and none of the other bs like the ball park or neighborhood or attendance and all the usual crap.

He also likes US Cellular over the Shrine, the food and concourse are his favorites.

TDog
07-10-2004, 05:29 PM
The Cubs have the wildcard to fall back on. Plus, I doubt most of their fans can understand the standings or that the Cubs haven't yet clinched a playoff spot.
Well put.

I would like to see the Sox make the playoffs (of course) and the the Cubs miss it just so you Chicagolanders could hear Cubs fans ask why televisions in public places aren't switched to the Cubs game.

duke of dorwood
07-10-2004, 05:35 PM
And their manager still escapes the criticism in the media.

The fans, however, that I know are singing a different tune

cheeses_h_rice
07-10-2004, 06:39 PM
I just want them to be buried in the standings, languishing around .500, with 3 teams ensconced firmly above them in their own division. That would certainly take the wind out of the sails of their unbelievably self-congratulatory "fans" and make their invasions of other teams' ballparks a lot less annoying for everyone else involved.

Viva Magglio
07-10-2004, 07:41 PM

Some of them want Dusty to do what Ozzie was going to do the other day if we lost to Anaheim.

StillMissOzzie
07-10-2004, 10:50 PM

I watched the sCrUBs / Cards on the Fox game of the week today. IMHO, Dusty was managing in full desperation mode. So little faith in the bullpen, he had Rusch pitching the 9th. It's SO MUCH FUN watching the sCrUBs season go into a tailspin.

Last year, the Sox beat the sCrUBs 4 out of 6, but they went to the playoffs and the Sox didn't. How GREAT it will be to turn the tables this year!!!!!

SMO

doublem23
07-10-2004, 10:51 PM
So little faith in the bullpen, he had Rusch pitching the 9th. It's SO MUCH FUN watching the sCrUBs season go into a tailspin.

Wood is back; Rusch is in the bullpen.

Aidan
07-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Cubs have to face Chris Carpenter tomorrow with a rusty Kerry Wood. Chris Carpenter is 3-0 with a 2.58 ERA against the Cubs this season. :tongue:

Cubbiesuck13
07-10-2004, 11:05 PM
as a cards fan, i love this. however, i don't know how long they can pitch like they have been. everyone knows their lineup will hit so maybe they can keep up this pace for the rest of the season. even if they fallter, they are 20+ games above .500 so it would take a mariners-esq meltown for them not to make the playoffs. it is funny how many cards fans there are who continue to hate on TLR. prediction: sox over cards in 7 at sox park

Aidan
07-10-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm impressed by the no-name rotation tearing it up. Their lineup is great so I expected them to hit like this. The bullpen is do great as well. Ray King is unhittable of late. On ESPN1000, they were talking about Mark Buehrle being excited about the Cards' play because he was/is a huge Cardinals fan since he is from St. Louis.

doublem23
07-10-2004, 11:15 PM
On ESPN1000, they were talking about Mark Buehrle being excited about the Cards' play because he was/is a huge Cardinals fan since he is from St. Louis.
Mark obviously wants to ditch the Sox and move to St. Louis ASAP! Woe is us.

WSox8404
07-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Some of them want Dusty to do what Ozzie was going to do the other day if we lost to Anaheim.
Oh come on. We all know that the Cubs just faced 5 pitchers in a row who will be first ballet hall of famers. They had no chance.

Wait. That sounds like Dusty.

Unregistered
07-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm impressed by the no-name rotation tearing it up. Their lineup is great so I expected them to hit like this. The bullpen is do great as well. Ray King is unhittable of late. On ESPN1000, they were talking about Mark Buehrle being excited about the Cards' play because he was/is a huge Cardinals fan since he is from St. Louis... ... and because that's where he'll be playing in 2 years. :o:

Cubbiesuck13
07-10-2004, 11:21 PM
... and because that's where he'll be playing in 2 years. :o:
he had a chance to leave allready right?

mcfish
07-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Wood is back; Rusch is in the bullpen.
What happened to Wood's suspension? I thought he had to serve it when he came off the DL?

doublem23
07-11-2004, 04:05 PM
What happened to Wood's suspension? I thought he had to serve it when he came off the DL?
Don't know, probably appealed it.

TDog
07-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Don't know, probably appealed it.
It seems odd that the league couldn't deal with the appeal while he was on the DL. The whole appealate process in baseball is odd.

What I find interesting about the standings right now is that the Sox, although in first place, are just a game out of what would be the wild card spot. The Cubs are a game out of the wild card spot and eight games out and still considered by many (including Ken Rosenthal of The Sporting News) to be playoff bound.

Go Cards. Bury the Cubs deeper.

Beckett93
07-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Some of you guys posted well wishes for the Cardinals over at the Cards Clubhouse tonight and I just wanted to come over and return the favor. May the Sox win the Central Division, the Twins be contracted, and Carl Pohlad have his home foreclosed on!

OEO Magglio
07-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Some of you guys posted well wishes for the Cardinals over at the Cards Clubhouse tonight and I just wanted to come over and return the favor. May the Sox win the Central Division, the Twins be contracted, and Carl Pohlad have his home foreclosed on!Welcome aboard and best of luck in the nl central, hopefully your cards will keep playing great ball.:smile: