PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Howry?

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 04:57 PM
From the Sun Times:
(Until I see it happen, I have decided not to believe a word Manuel says)
Glover, who was 0-2 with a 6.62 ERA in his previous three starts, was perfect through five innings, but allowed three runs and four hits in a career-high 72/3 innings.

''I'm really excited about him for next year,'' Manuel said. ''The worst case is we have a solid eighth-inning guy if [starting] doesn't work out.''

My Thoughts:
If he is going to be pitching in the 8th that means he will be Keith's setup man. Now isn't that what we resigned Howry for? Or if the Sox trade Keith will Glover be setting up for Howry? If Bob Howry ever becomes our closer again we are screwed.

:walk
I still get paid no matter how bad I pitch.

Soxboyrob
09-26-2001, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
My Thoughts:
If he is going to be pitching in the 8th that means he will be Keith's setup man. Now isn't that what we resigned Howry for? Or if the Sox trade Keith will Glover be setting up for Howry? If Bob Howry ever becomes our closer again we are screwed.

Damn right we'd be screwed. No way it'll happen though, unless Bobby gains about 5 mph on the fastball in the winter. Although I think Jerry is a clueless and incompetent manager, I can't imagine he's that clueless. There are no words to describe how truly screwed we'd be w/ Bobby in the closer's role at this point.

FarWestChicago
09-26-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Damn right we'd be screwed. No way it'll happen though, unless Bobby gains about 5 mph on the fastball in the winter. Although I think Jerry is a clueless and incompetent manager, I can't imagine he's that clueless. There are no words to describe how truly screwed we'd be w/ Bobby in the closer's role at this point. Can you imagine "Gascan" Howling taking the mound almost every night in the 9th. The devastation would be unimaginable.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Damn right we'd be screwed. No way it'll happen though, unless Bobby gains about 5 mph on the fastball in the winter. Although I think Jerry is a clueless and incompetent manager, I can't imagine he's that clueless. There are no words to describe how truly screwed we'd be w/ Bobby in the closer's role at this point. what is his top speed now?

FarWestChicago
09-26-2001, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what is his top speed now? Batting tee?

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Batting tee? LMAO........

No-Neck
09-27-2001, 09:34 AM
My hope for 2002 is fading quickly. Howry, oh no!