PDA

View Full Version : Love for El Cabello

hawkjt
07-10-2004, 11:46 AM
That was cool when carlos got all the love from us in left field and down third base line when he came out to left after his second bomb. He had a great smile on his face when he doffed his hat. Stay hot -Carlos -love ya big guy. That and the ovation for Maggs were a couple nice moments in last nites games. The fans do indentify with these long time Sox and that is one good reason to keep them around.

sox_fan_forever
07-10-2004, 11:50 AM
I was in right field and I thought that was really cool when all of left field was cheering for Carlos. It was neat.

Blob
07-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I came as close as I have ever been to catching a home run on Carlos' first homer last night. Damn, if I was only about 6 inches taller I would have a had a chance. Instead I look like a mope on the replay watching it go over my head and me trying to reach for it...

That was awsome when everyone cheered and he tipped his hat!

DaveIsHere
07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
I came as close as I have ever been to catching a home run on Carlos' first homer last night. Damn, if I was only about 6 inches taller I would have a had a chance. Instead I look like a mope on the replay watching it go over my head and me trying to reach for it...

I was going to post last night, I thought that you said you were in 162 near the front, when he hit that first one I was like "I think that is where Blob said he was sitting"

Yeah LF was going nuts for CLee and it was cool when he waved and he had a big smile on his face with everyone cheering. Great game!!!!!

zach23
07-10-2004, 01:31 PM

I should have switched seats with you, I would have had it. Then you would have had my sister-in-law bumping into you and spilling beer. :D:

TimChamp
07-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah, first time I sat near the left field area (usually sit near right) and it was cool to see Carlos acknowledge the fans. Also, on our way home, we saw DJ in some dealer car (a Chevy Malibu - Montell Cars or something) and even though he was on his cell phone, it was nice to see that he acknowledged us shouting and waving at him and waved back and said hi to us.

--Champ out

Blob
07-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I should have switched seats with you, I would have had it. Then you would have had my sister-in-law bumping into you and spilling beer. :D:Like your vertical leap is any better than mine! Besides, you couldn't catch a cold at a sneezing convention!:cool:

oheeoh...magglio
07-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Carlos has taken a lot of heat over the years from Sox fans, particularly when he goes into one of his slumps, but he is an absoloutely wondeful player and I'm glad we have him locked up for the next few years.

And on a side note, he is finally starting to find that power stroke and if Carlos all of a sudden starts hitting the ball out of the yard consistenly, watch out...

hawkjt
07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Gotta throw a bone to Carlos for that beauty of a catch saving the game basically today. Carlos is a better than average left fielder in my book. He is the steadiest player on this team over the last three years along with Maggs and Frank who are hurting. He aint no all-star but I will take him on my team anyday.