PDA

View Full Version : Schilling out....who's in...

trch1
07-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I see that "Curt Schilling (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4267) will not pitch in next week's All-Star game because of pain in his ankle." Any news on who will replace him?

samram
07-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I see that "Curt Schilling (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4267) will not pitch in next week's All-Star game because of pain in his ankle." Any news on who will replace him?

Whoever walks into the Yankee's clubhouse first today.:angry:

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for this, but I think it should be Johan Santana.

Mickster
07-10-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for this, but I think it should be Johan Santana.
Not from me. He has been incredible this year.

munchman33
07-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Not from me. He has been incredible this year.
He has been incredible the last six weeks. Before then he was horrible. 6 weeks does not make you an all-star.

CWSGuy406
07-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Sadly, another Indian will take the spot of Schilling. Jake Westbrook, per mlb.com. Sorry, no link...

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Sadly, another Indian will take the spot of Schilling. Jake Westbrook, per mlb.com. Sorry, no link...
LOL. What a freeking joke. If Torre had any clue, he'd have taken either one of the two Twins starters (Radke, Santana) or Buerhle.

NUCatsFan
07-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Linky on ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1837627)

The Indians are under .500, yet they place 5 all stars? ***??? They're the first team since 95 to have 5 A-S members from a below .500 team and the first in the AL since '72. And they're not even that good of a team :angry:

Consider this. The Sox and Twins have 1 representative apiece. The Royals have 1 (If Beltran hadn't been traded, do you this Ken Harvey would have made it?) The Tigers have 2. The Indians have as many all stars as the rest of the AL Central. I have finally seen the light. The ASG truely IS :bs:. Perhaps Joe Torre has had one too many :gulp: .

I say that Torre gets the boobirds whenever he comes to the Cell from now on.

WinningUgly!
07-10-2004, 06:34 PM
A former Yankee. :angry:

copyhead
07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
- Vic Martinez is the 2nd best catcher in the AL behind Pudge
- Matt Lawton is the best leadoff hitter average & OBP wise in the AL
- Ronnie Belliard is the best hitting 2B in the AL average wise
- CC Sabathia has a 3.33 ERA so far this year
- Jake Westbrook's 2004 ERA: 3.21 (and you guys think Buerhle shoud've been picked over him? get real :rolleyes: )

so, errr, you guys were saying...?

come on guys, be fair
the AS game is about individual performances, every team gets one guaranteed rep and the roster is filled out with players who deserve recognition as an All Star by individual performance

IMO, you can't honestly say those 5 guys don't deserve to be All Stars...

doublem23
07-11-2004, 03:31 PM
so, errr, you guys were saying...?
That it's ****ing bull**** a team as bad as the Indians has 5 All-Stars.

I thought we got the message across.

copyhead
07-11-2004, 03:34 PM
That it's ****ing bull**** a team as bad as the Indians has 5 All-Stars.

I thought we got the message across.good point.

only...not

the AS game is not about teams; each team gets one guaranteed rep, the rest of the roster is filled out with players who deserve the honor of being an All Star based on their individual performance

and, based on their individual performance, each of those 5 guys simply DESERVE to be All Stars

Cowch44
07-11-2004, 03:43 PM
good point.

only...not

the AS game is not about teams; each team gets one guaranteed rep, the rest of the roster is filled out with players who deserve the honor of being an All Star based on their individual performance
So guys like say Flash deserve an All star performance over guys like Takatsu because their stats are a bit better than his(and he's a Yank)....I think not.

copyhead
07-11-2004, 03:52 PM
well, Flash has pitched about 17 more innings than Takatsu this season with an ERA only slightly higher than his at 1.74

i'd say that accounts for something, wouldn't you?

Cowch44
07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
i'd say that accounts for something, wouldn't you?
Then tell me why Buehrle isn't an All-star and Loaiza is.

copyhead
07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
that's what i didn't understand either, but i figured you guys wouldn't really mind because Loaiza basically snubbed another White Sock by getting picked

we're missing the point here though; the point was; those 5 Indians are all well deserving of an All Star Game berth

Cowch44
07-11-2004, 04:23 PM
that's what i didn't understand either, but i figured you guys wouldn't really mind because Loaiza basically snubbed another White Sock by getting picked

we're missing the point here though; the point was; those 5 Indians are all well deserving of an All Star Game berthDidn't realize you were an Indian fan sorry for arguing with you about your precious "all-stars," Westbrook is really the only one that pisses me off. I think that should've been Buehrle.

samram
07-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Didn't realize you were an Indian fan sorry for arguing with you about your precious "all-stars," Westbrook is really the only one that pisses me off. I think that should've been Buehrle.
Westbrook has been pretty good, but I remembered that he was first on the Yankees and that's what put him over the top with Torre, I'll bet.

LongLiveFisk
07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Somehow I think you may get your wish on this one.

doublem23
07-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Not scheduled until 2005.