PDA

View Full Version : First pitch on friday?

maggliofan10
07-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know if Kasey Kahne threw out the first pitch on friday against Seattle? Thanks!! I'm a huge fan of his as well as a huge sox fan and heard a rumor that he threw out the first pitch?

DGunia
07-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Sorry, it was BZ the polar bear mascot from Brookfield Zoo.

Blob
07-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Weren't there two "first" pitches? I know I saw the bear for the first one but was too busy buying popcorn to see the second one. And telling the service rep the bear was NOT our mascot, she had said it was. So, I said our mascot is green. Then she said he is wearing a green shirt....UGH.....I pretty much laughed and gave up at that point.

npdempse
07-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Weren't there two "first" pitches? I know I saw the bear for the first one but was too busy buying popcorn to see the second one. And telling the service rep the bear was NOT our mascot, she had said it was. So, I said our mascot is green. Then she said he is wearing a green shirt....UGH.....I pretty much laughed and gave up at that point.
IIRC, the second first pitch was from a 102 year old former negro leaguer. But I may be confusing yesterday with Wednesday. I don't remember Kahne, and I'd think I would if he'd been there.

DSpivack
07-10-2004, 03:20 PM
IIRC, the second first pitch was from a 102 year old former negro leaguer. But I may be confusing yesterday with Wednesday. I don't remember Kahne, and I'd think I would if he'd been there.
Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe turned 102 Wednesday and threw out one of two first pitches.

maggliofan10
07-10-2004, 05:37 PM
thanks guys. i don't know where people came up with the idea that he was throwing out the first pitch. He's from the Seattle area but that has really nothing to do with throwing out a pitch at sox park.