PDA

View Full Version : Do the sox have a legit #3 finally?

Iguana775
07-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Garcia
Burly
Garland

finally, Garland is starting to live up to all the hype.

OEO Magglio
07-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Garcia
Burly
Garland

finally, Garland is starting to live up to all the hype.It's pretty sad that the sox 4th best pitcher is going to the allstar game.:?:

Iguana775
07-09-2004, 11:19 PM
It's pretty sad that the sox 4th best pitcher is going to the allstar game.:?:
The sad part is that he was selected for the AS game. Burly is WAY more qualified.

OEO Magglio
07-09-2004, 11:21 PM
The sad part is that he was selected for the AS game. Burly is WAY more qualified.Exactly what I'm saying, Buehrle has been far better this year and elo's era is very close to 5 now.

Tragg
07-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Garland's been a good pitcher for a couple of years now. But like most (all) of our starters, a tad too many real bad games.
And tonight he pitched against a horrible team.

Blueprint1
07-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Garland has looked good most of the year. He has had a few bad innings but for the most part I feel like we can win most of his starts. I was really mad on thursday when I found out Elo was going to start for Garland.

Bisco Stu
07-10-2004, 02:45 AM
Ah, every summer, it never fails. Lawn sprinklers, ice cream trucks, and "Is Garland a legit #3?" thread.

Mickster
07-10-2004, 09:51 AM
And last week he pitched a stellar game in Minnesota. What is your point. I hope he finally turns a corner. His last 2 starts have comprised of 14 IP with 2 ER. I don't care who you are pitching against, it's still very good. Keep it up Jon. We need it!

pearso66
07-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Jon just lacks mental toughness occasionally. Remember was it last year or 2 years ago, when he threw 8 shutout innings IN Boston?

SoxxoS
07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Garland's been a good pitcher for a couple of years now. But like most (all) of our starters, a tad too many real bad games.
That is weak. Oh yeah...Mulder just faces the Yankees, Red Sox and Anaheim.

LongLiveFisk
07-10-2004, 01:06 PM
And last week he pitched a stellar game in Minnesota. What is your point. I hope he finally turns a corner. His last 2 starts have comprised of 14 IP with 2 ER. I don't care who you are pitching against, it's still very good. Keep it up Jon. We need it!
Exactly. And I'd also like to add that the Sox have had a tendency to "play down" to poor teams (see Detroit last year, Montreal this year, etc), so it was nice to see Jon grab the bull by the horns last night and get the job done. We don't need any more lax performances against teams we should beat.