PDA

View Full Version : Chicagosports.com gets in a subtle dig

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2001, 02:34 PM
OK, I can see highlighting the fact that the Sox lost 4-2 to the Twins, but what the hell does the attendance have to do with it? It's in the frigging lead-in paragraph:

Sox still can't solve Twins
The Sox lost to Minnesota 4-2 before a crowd of 11,973 at Comiskey Park, blowing a late lead to snap a four-game winning streak.

Who writes these things? Sullivan? Knue? I sure as heck didn't see the low attendance at Pittsburgh anywhere in the Flubbie story.

:knue

*Blush*.

FarWestChicago
09-26-2001, 03:19 PM
sure as heck didn't see the low attendance at Pittsburgh anywhere in the Flubbie story.
:giangreco

Are Pittsburgh's seats blue?

Iwritecode
09-26-2001, 04:14 PM
I believe it was because it was the lowest attendance figure at Comiskey this year...

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I believe it was because it was the lowest attendance figure at Comiskey this year...

You are correct Code Writer.

Iwritecode
09-26-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
You are correct Code Writer.

Damn, I really didn't want to be.

But I guess considering it's almost October and the team is all but eliminated from the playoffs, what can we really expect?

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Damn, I really didn't want to be.

This is from the AP story of last night's game:
The announced crowd of 11,973 is Comiskey Park's smallest of the season.

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2001, 04:27 PM
OK, I guess it is somewhat newsworthy, then. I thought from watching the game that the crowd wasn't that awful.

The weather and teams being out of their races is really having a bad effect on attendance, I've noticed -- that Marlins game against the Braves had just about no one sitting in the outfield at all. I am going to try to make it out to one more game this year, but I wouldn't mind it if we had a burst of Indian summer.

GASHWOUND
09-26-2001, 06:01 PM
I can't be 100% sure on this cause I have short term memory, but doesn't whoever wtite that aways put the Sox attendance figures up? As far as I can remeber when I go to read it they always put up the attendance figures, if its Sullivan or whoever But I could be wrong, which wouldn't be a big surprise.

ihatethecubs
09-27-2001, 01:39 AM
i was one of the few who can say they were there. it was cool i got to sit right behind homeplate. and the crowd was very loud for 11,000. i was also at a game in 98 when there were like 8,000 there