PDA

View Full Version : Officially, Randy wants out and will leave the west, but no mention of WS

OzzieBall2004
07-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Who knows....I'd love to give him, but 23 mil is a lot to ask from JR.

ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1837220)

princek
07-09-2004, 10:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1837220

why the hell does anyone trade with the yanks!!!!!!

OEO Magglio
07-09-2004, 10:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1837220

why the hell does anyone trade with the yanks!!!!!!I think there is already a thread about this in talking baseball. The yanks won't get him they have absolutely nothing to give up.

WSox8404
07-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I think there is already a thread about this in talking baseball. The yanks won't get him they have absolutely nothing to give up.
I hope you are right. That would be great if we could somehow get him. Oh to dream.....

StillMissOzzie
07-10-2004, 01:11 AM
I think there is already a thread about this in talking baseball. The yanks won't get him they have absolutely nothing to give up.
No bodies, but plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. We may see how bad the D-Backs want out from under the rest of his contract, as they have been cutting payroll and IIRC, will continue to do so.

SMO

HomeFish
07-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Anyone but the Cubs. I don't think I'd be able to survive that.

FightingBillini
07-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Dont expect the Unit to go anywhere. I read the original article this morning that reported this. It was sensational crap. It was contradictory to everything we know. Johnson WILL NOT play with the Yankees. He has said before he would play anywhere BUT there. If he was traded, and he wont be, it wouldnt be to NY. The New York media just needs to realize they wont get him, and move on. Seriously, they have been throwing bs rumors out there for weeks now hoping to start something.At least they try to do things that will help their team. And Chicago is stuck with Mariotti. :angry:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-10-2004, 02:02 AM
I HOPE he doesn't get traded. Especially to the AL. Imagine if the white sox had to face the Yankees in the playoffs with RJ. :o:

TomParrish79
07-10-2004, 10:34 PM
I just hope the Twins dont get him

sendimjoey
07-10-2004, 10:50 PM
I just hope the Twins dont get him

The Twins don't have the cash, but they do have a lot of young, cheap players they could send to the D-backs. I'm shuddering at the thought. It would be like the reverse of the six-players-for-Sexson deal for the D-backs -- look where the Brewers are. It doesn't seem likely that Arizona would be willing to pay enough of RJ's salary for that tightwad Carl Pohlad, however.

There IS a cheaper owner than Jerry Reinsdorf.

SOXPHILE
07-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Brace yourselves. Get ready for all the Flubbie fans to be calling into all the sports talk shows, saying that the Flubs should get him. It never ceases to amaze me that anytime there's even a whiff of a rumor that somebody might be traded, Cub Nation seems to think that they can get whoever it is, without giving up anybody of too much value. They never seem to realize that 1) The other team has to be willing to make the trade to begin with, and 2) You have to give up something in order to get something. Flubbie fans seem to think that their beloved boys in blue have some sort birthright or something to anyone that may be available on the market. Just listen to how they usually phrase their statements- ("We should 'get' Nomar from the Red Sox." "The Cubs should trade with the Royals, and they 'give' us Beltran". etc.) About 10 years ago or so, I was at the Chicago Auto Show, and WSCR was doing a remote from there. I don't remember which personality it was at the remote, but I stood there and watched and listened to them for a few minutes. They took a call from a Cub fan, who actually said that the White Sox should trade Jack McDowell to the Cubs for Ryne Sandberg (Remember his little comeback in 94 ?) because that would really help the Cubs, McDowell then being in his prime, and Sandberg WAY past his. The guy was dead serious. He was ripped to shreds by the hosts, and other callers, but it just underscores how dumb Cub fans are, and the sense of entitlement they have. Hey, I have a good trade !! Why don't our Cubbies get Jeter, Giambi, and Williams from the Yankees, and we could send them Sergio Mitre, a bag of baseballs, and a subscribtion to "Vineline" ?

Paulwny
07-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Fom the Arizona Rebublican/ AP
Johnson, asked what his thoughts were about his memories of trips to Boston's North End, joked about it.

"I was really torn between the Boston clam chowder and the Manhattan clam chowder," he said.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/0712unittrade-ON.html

Wanne
07-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Ya know...I get so sick of all these owners whining about the Yankees and their obscene payroll, how they buy their championships, etc...then they trade players like Randy Johnson them. Here's an idea...don't deal them to the Yanks...deal him to Anaheim or Boston.

Plus...I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up in NY given the fact that Jerry Colangelo is still pretty jacked at Kind George over the David Wells deal a few years ago.

Mickster
07-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Here's an idea...don't deal them to the Yanks...deal him to Anaheim or Boston.
Here's a better idea...deal him to the White Sox! :D:

Paulwny
07-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Ya know...I get so sick of all these owners whining about the Yankees and their obscene payroll, how they buy their championships, etc...then they trade players like Randy Johnson them. Here's an idea...don't deal them to the Yanks...deal him to Anaheim or Boston.

Plus...I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up in NY given the fact that Jerry Colangelo is still pretty jacked at Kind George over the David Wells deal a few years ago.

Boston or Anaheim could happen, From the article.

Anaheim, Boston and the New York Yankees appear to be the most likely candidates for a deal with the Diamondbacks, a major league-worst 31-58 at the All-Star break, 18 1/2 games behind NL West-leading Los Angeles.

SoxxoS
07-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I know the Yankees have that catcher named Navarro, but Arizona better be asking for a lot more than just that guy...

Wanne
07-12-2004, 04:29 PM
but Arizona better be asking for a lot more than just that guy...

You'd hope so when you're #3 pitcher is Casey Fossum...GOOD LORD!

Foulke You
07-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Perhaps Randy Johnson can just skip the Chowder and choose a deep dish pizza from Giordano's instead as he heads to the Sox?:D:

Hondo
07-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Gammons was just on Sportscenter and said

"it's 50/50 Randy gets traded......with places like Anaheim and maybe the WHITE Sox as destinations"

This however is Gammons