PDA

View Full Version : Royce Clayton: Teacher

HomeFish
07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Linkage (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/news?slug=mlbpa-royceclaytonstudenttotea&prov=mlbpa&type=chat)

The first paragraph of the article:

Royce Clayton is more interested these days in tutoring rookie Aaron Miles about life in the big leagues than in padding his own statistics.

Cowch44
07-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Maybe we should get him back to teach Harris how to play good baseball.

Blob
07-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah, like batting .099 and getting a standing ovation when you get a hit!

Blueprint1
07-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Yeah, like batting .099 and getting a standing ovation when you get a hit!
I was at that game what a great moment. Almost as good as that time the person kept track of all the hits Navarro gave up in the game instead of his strike outs.

StillMissOzzie
07-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah, like batting .099 and getting a standing ovation when you get a hit!Weren't they all chanting "MVP!" "MVP!" "MVP!", too? I wasn't at that game but I did see it on TV.

SMO

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2004, 08:24 PM
I was at that game what a great moment. Almost as good as that time the person kept track of all the hits Navarro gave up in the game instead of his strike outs.LOL! I had forgotten about that one!

:roflmao:

JRIG
07-09-2004, 08:25 PM
I was at that game what a great moment. Almost as good as that time the person kept track of all the hits Navarro gave up in the game instead of his strike outs.
They actually had differnt colored signs for each walk, hit, and run. I still have pictures from that game. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-09-2004, 08:27 PM
They actually had differnt colored signs for each walk, hit, and run. I still have pictures from that game. :smile:
You've *got* to post those in the picture gallery. I've got to see that!

JRIG
07-09-2004, 08:32 PM
You've *got* to post those in the picture gallery. I've got to see that!
I took them with a crappy disposable camera from a few sections away, but if you know what you're looking for it's pretty obvious. I'll see what I can do about scanning those in.

In yet another shock, Mike Cameron was 0-2 in the game when I took the pictures. :)

Daver
07-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Ya think maybe he could teach him to wear gym shoes during the game?

jackbrohamer
07-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Ya think maybe he could teach him to wear gym shoes during the game?

How about waving at grounders as they go by to keep his fielding percentage artificially high?

WhiteSox = Life
07-09-2004, 09:21 PM
:hitless
"Aaron, stick with me and you'll go places. Soon, I'll pass down my sobriquet and you shall become the new Choice, continuing my inspiring legacy."

:: a question and a few seconds later ::

:hitless
"Hehe. You shall indeed get your ice cream. In due time, my son, in due time."