PDA

View Full Version : Barry and the HR Derby

Blob
07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
I was listening to the radio today and heard that Barry Bonds is getting paid for the HR Derby. He did not want to compete because that is his day off and wanted comensation for competeing. So, MLB has decided to pay him for the HR Derby.

I have never had anything against this guy. He plays for himself and I always kind of liked those players, the guys who go against the grain. But, this is ridiculous. Shouldn't everyone in the contest now get paid?? What's next? Everyone gets paid to play in the ASG???? These contests and games are supposed to be an honor to play in, not another PAY DAY.

I wonder if anyone else will drop out to see if they get paid. Except for Soso, he lives for this thing...

RKMeibalane
07-09-2004, 04:31 PM
What really bothers me about this situation is not that Bonds is asking to be paid, but that Major League Baseball has agreed to pay him. Baseball needs to get a real commissioner, someone who won't put up with this crap.

steff
07-09-2004, 06:02 PM
They do all get paid to participate in AS festivities. They get bonuses when they get voted on.

Blob
07-09-2004, 06:14 PM
They do all get paid to participate in AS festivities. They get bonuses when they get voted on.But those generally come from the team not MLB right??

munchman33
07-09-2004, 11:27 PM
The homerun derby is a meaningless exhibition put on by major league baseball to help promote the game. Unfortunately, it also messes up mechanics of ballplayers, and is an injury risk. I have no problem with any player that major league baseball wants to participate asking for compensation.