PDA

View Full Version : Frank Hurt? Willie DH?

ewokpelts
07-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey,

Since Franks's hurt(and likely to be out for a while). I suggest we put Willie as our Dh. Put him and Uribe out in front of the lineup, and decide wether you want Crash Rowand (with speed ) or Carlos (power) in your 3 hole.
Discuss

samram
07-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey,

Since Franks's hurt(and likely to be out for a while). I suggest we put Willie as our Dh. Put him and Uribe out in front of the lineup, and decide wether you want Crash Rowand (with speed ) or Carlos (power) in your 3 hole.
Discuss
I think we should DH for Willie when he's in the lineup.

Mickster
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Maggs will DH for the Seattle series. After the AS break, if Frank is playing and healthy, our lineup should return back to normal. This is a moo point. (Kind'a like a cow's opinion!) :D:

JRIG
07-09-2004, 01:56 PM
I think we should DH for Willie when he's in the lineup.
LOL!

But then what would we do when Harris and Burke are in the lineup?

If Frank is out for an extended period of time, Borchard better be brought up.

Randar68
07-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey,

Discuss
Well, I'd rather have Willie DH against RH'ers than Burke/Davis/Gload, etc.

I definitely like the speed aspect he brings to the table. When he's able to get on base, it really makes a notable change in the team's offensive dynamics.

ewokpelts
07-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Well, I'd rather have Willie DH against RH'ers than Burke/Davis/Gload, etc.

I definitely like the speed aspect he brings to the table. When he's able to get on base, it really makes a notable change in the team's offensive dynamics.
I like Willie's speed/hustle. Which is why I want him in , even as a DH. Oakland used Ray Durham as a dh Leadoff man in 2002.
Gene

mcfish
07-09-2004, 02:28 PM
I like Willie's speed/hustle. Which is why I want him in , even as a DH. Oakland used Ray Durham as a dh Leadoff man in 2002.
Gene
Willie rarely uses his speed/hustle to his advantage, and he has been in a horrendous slump lately. I'm glad he got a hit yesterday, but Willie DH'ing would be a waste. If anything, and I don't advocate this, move Uribe to SS and DH Valentin.

JRIG
07-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Gene
Ray Durham is a good hitter and a great leadoff man, unlike Willie.

he_gone_89
07-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Ray Durham is a good hitter and a great leadoff man, unlike Willie.

Exactly,Lets not forget what the H in DH stands for,Hitting. Dynamite Willie needs to work on his swing before he plays any position.

thepaulbowski
07-09-2004, 02:44 PM
I am firm believer in you need the DH to be an OBP and/or power guy and Willie doesn't fit this mold.

misty60481
07-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Willie is perfect on bench and a late inning PR

Malgar 12
07-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey,

Discuss
There's a reason it is called the Designated Hitter, because the person that occupies that position does nothing but hit. Since Wille can't hit he is automatically disqualified.

rmusacch
07-09-2004, 04:41 PM
LOL!

But then what would we do when Harris and Burke are in the lineup?

If Frank is out for an extended period of time, Borchard better be brought up.
I agree. Put him in right field and DH Magglio.

fuzzy_patters
07-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Gee, Magglio is back but is not ready to play in the field, so I think we should DH Willie Harris.