PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Crasnick sticks up for Frank, Paulie

OzzieBall2004
07-09-2004, 11:29 AM
No Yankee Fan (CA): Somebody has to stop Torre. I absolutely will not watch an All-Star game with 8 Yankees.
Jerry Crasnick: (11:09 AM ET ) Dear NYF,

It wasn't all Joe Torre's fault, but I agree with you -- eight Yankees are about three too many. Frank Thomas or Konerko would have been preferable to Giambi and Matsui.

Frank probably couldnt have played anyway, but its still nice to get a little mainstream recognition on a first half job well done.

JB98
07-09-2004, 11:51 AM
No Yankee Fan (CA): Somebody has to stop Torre. I absolutely will not watch an All-Star game with 8 Yankees.
Jerry Crasnick: (11:09 AM ET ) Dear NYF,

It wasn't all Joe Torre's fault, but I agree with you -- eight Yankees are about three too many. Frank Thomas or Konerko would have been preferable to Giambi and Matsui.

Frank probably couldnt have played anyway, but its still nice to get a little mainstream recognition on a first half job well done.
Konerko should not only be at the game, he should be starting at first base. If you look at the numbers, he has produced the most in terms of HRs and RBIs among AL first basemen. He probably would have been chosen to go had the Beltran trade not happened. Torre had to take somebody from the Royals, and there weren't any other options besides Harvey. In truth, Harvey deserves it more than Giambi, but the idiot fans vote for Yankees like sheep.

Kilroy
07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
They need to change the rule that allows the AL manager to pick the reserves. How many years have we watched Torre take care of his players. Its just a crock of ****. Let the players choose who should go.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
The rule was changed two years ago. Managers do NOT have the final say on reserve selections.

The league offices sort through everything and make recommendations / picks with the manager's input.

Lip