PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1000 Report on Randy Johnson

AOEllis
07-09-2004, 09:02 AM
ESPN 1000 reported at 10 am on Friday, that Randy Johnson will most likely waive his no trade clause if he is traded to a contender, preferably the Yankees.

fhqwhgads
07-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Damn. There goes the Twins' shot at him.:D:

Seriously, does anyone really think he has a shot at going anywhere except to the Spankmees (or maybe the Red Sox)?

Dadawg_77
07-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Wait that goes in the face of everything that I have heard. Everything before this report said Randy didn't want to pitch for the Yankees.

DaveIsHere
07-09-2004, 09:24 AM
That would be awesome if KDUB stole another one from under the noses of that NY AL team

Kogs35
07-09-2004, 10:45 AM
that report is out of ny is bull. cant these writers actually write something normal?:angry: the d backs owner hates steinbrener cause the of the david wells things. johnson aint going there

samram
07-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Wait that goes in the face of everything that I have heard. Everything before this report said Randy didn't want to pitch for the Yankees.
That's what I have heard. Not to mention, the Yanks have very little to offer for him. Although that scenario you mentioned in the "clubhouse" thread, where he would be traded for himself, could work with NY, because they have the ability to undefer a lot of his salary.

CubKilla
07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
That would be awesome if KDUB stole another one from under the noses of that NY AL team
"Magenta" is for pipedreams :tongue:

Paulwny
07-09-2004, 12:57 PM
That's what I have heard. Not to mention, the Yanks have very little to offer for him. Although that scenario you mentioned in the "clubhouse" thread, where he would be traded for himself, could work with NY, because they have the ability to undefer a lot of his salary.
This type of trade would be ruled illegal by Bud. I think it would fall under the ~ "bad for the game". Johnson would have to remain in NY or another team, not AZ. Bowie Kuhn used the rule against Chuck Finley when he tried to sell his players for cash. Everybody would be doing this when they felt they were out of contention.

samram
07-09-2004, 01:16 PM
This type of trade would be ruled illegal by Bud. I think it would fall under the ~ "bad for the game". Johnson would have to remain in NY or another team, not AZ. Bowie Kuhn used the rule against Chuck Finley when he tried to sell his players for cash. Everybody would be doing this when they felt they were out of contention.
I'm guessing you mean Chuck O'Finley? Sorry to nitpick. :D:

Anyway, while an argument could be made that it's bad for the game, Selig is really an owner's guy and probably wouldn't make too many waves about it. Believe me, I don't want him in NY. If AZ is looking for prospects, NY has no chance because their one or two solid-looking prospects are probably not going to be enough, and I would imagine AZ would want near major league ready types, if not young, promising players already on the big club.

Paulwny
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=samram]I'm guessing you mean Chuck O'Finley? Sorry to nitpick. :D:
QUOTE]

Yep, I had a brain cramp, thanks for the O'Finley.

Flight #24
07-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing you mean Chuck O'Finley? Sorry to nitpick. :D:

Actually, didn't Chuck Finley try to deal Tawny Kitaen for a WTBNL (wife to be named later) towards the end of their marriage? Or maybe I'm mixing him up with Jack Ryan......

HomeFish
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Better New York than Boston. The Yankees need a rotation upgrade anyway.

Mickster
07-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Better New York than Boston. The Yankees need a rotation upgrade anyway.
***?:bs:

SoxxoS
07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
***?:bs:
I agree with Homefish. The Yankees care too much about their rotation to have question marks...unlike one team we know oh so well...

Brown, Lieber and Contreras are all question marks, and that is about 3 too many for Georgie.

Mickster
07-09-2004, 03:10 PM
I agree with Homefish. The Yankees care too much about their rotation to have question marks...unlike one team we know oh so well...

Brown, Lieber and Contreras are all question marks, and that is about 3 too many for Georgie.
I took that as Homefish saying "It is better if NY gets him as opposed to Boston." It is better if neither NY nor Boston gets him. That is why I said ***??

SoxxoS
07-09-2004, 03:50 PM
I took that as Homefish saying "It is better if NY gets him as opposed to Boston." It is better if neither NY nor Boston gets him. That is why I said ***??
Gotcha.