PDA

View Full Version : Larry Walker

doctor30th
07-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Larry Walker recently said he would consider a trade to a contender?

He has another year on his contract at 12.5 million plus a 1 million dollar buyout for 2006. If you could trade magglio for Russ Ortiz and maybe Smoltz, would you go see if you could get him?

cbrownson13
07-09-2004, 02:00 AM
If I knew he would be completely healthy. I don't think I like the idea of him roaming the outfield.

Plus there have been recent articles saying Atlanta is not trading Ortiz.

Aidan
07-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Too old, too injury-prone, and too expensive. We should trade Maggs to Atlanta for Andruw Jones if he doesn't sign and bring up Borchard to replace Maggs in RF.

hold2dibber
07-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Larry Walker recently said he would consider a trade to a contender?

He has another year on his contract at 12.5 million plus a 1 million dollar buyout for 2006. If you could trade magglio for Russ Ortiz and maybe Smoltz, would you go see if you could get him?
Why in God's name would Atlanta trade Ortiz and Smoltz for 3 months of Magglio? That ain't happening, no way, no how. But even if it did, I wouldn't want any part of Walker, not at the $ he's making. You'd be paying $12.5 million next year for 300 ABs (if you're lucky).

Dadawg_77
07-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Why in God's name would Atlanta trade Ortiz and Smoltz for 3 months of Magglio? That ain't happening, no way, no how. But even if it did, I wouldn't want any part of Walker, not at the $ he's making. You'd be paying $12.5 million next year for 300 ABs (if you're lucky).
Well not Smoltz, but I would see them trading Jones and Ortiz for Mags. The Braves are contending and need some more pop in their lineup. The way Jones is playing Mags is much more valuable to them and they want to get out of Jones contract.

The Sox shouldn't do this move because well Mags is much more valuable then Jones especially with Frank's ankle.

Kadafi311
07-09-2004, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't want to take the risk on Walker.

The guy is too old, too injury prone, and too used to playing in that thin mountain air.

bennyw41
07-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Anyone else think that the reason why this thread was started by "Doctor" is because Larry Walker's Doctor is trying to get him a job. That guy is beat up, and he plays in Coors. Just because someone is available, doesn't mean he is a good choice.