PDA

View Full Version : We will know if KW is for real very soon!!

joeynach
07-09-2004, 12:13 AM
With Maggs out of the lineup we went 17-19, now he will be back and frank will be out for 6 weeks. Ouch. KW has now seen the effect taking one of our sluggers has on this team. They struggle. So if KW really wants to win this year the only way to overcome this new injury to frank is to acquire another big bat. No more experiments, no platoons, no fillins, a real proven big bat. This is not the time for Borchard to get some AB's or give burke and davis at bats, those guys are bench players. Its unlucky that Frank is now down, but with Maggs back if we can add one more solid bat like a kendall, finley, everett, or someboady we can recover. However if we do noting we already saw what happens when a star goes down. Come one Kenny we need ya now more than ever, get us a big bopper to fill frank's shoes, a rent-a-player would do just fine.

Aidan
07-09-2004, 12:28 AM
If Thomas is out for 6 weeks Kenny Williams should go after Carl Everett. I'm sure he could be acquired for a bucket of balls from Montreal and he'd be a nice switch-hitting DH until Frank comes back. If Frank is really having surgery, would anyone mind this lineup?

CF Aaron Rowand / Timo Perez / Willie Harris
2B Juan Uribe
RF Magglio Ordonez
LF Carlos Lee
SS Jose Valentin
1B Paul Konerko
DH Carl Everett
3B Joe Crede
C Sandy Alomar Jr.

Cubbiesuck13
07-09-2004, 12:41 AM
With Maggs out of the lineup we went 17-19, now he will be back and frank will be out for 6 weeks. Ouch. KW has now seen the effect taking one of our sluggers has on this team. They struggle. So if KW really wants to win this year the only way to overcome this new injury to frank is to acquire another big bat. No more experiments, no platoons, no fillins, a real proven big bat. This is not the time for Borchard to get some AB's or give burke and davis at bats, those guys are bench players. Its unlucky that Frank is now down, but with Maggs back if we can add one more solid bat like a kendall, finley, everett, or someboady we can recover. However if we do noting we already saw what happens when a star goes down. Come one Kenny we need ya now more than ever, get us a big bopper to fill frank's shoes, a rent-a-player would do just fine.
how would this prove if he is for real or not? i think last years big trades as well as this year's grcia deal shows he wants to win NOW.

JDub35
07-09-2004, 12:43 AM
how would this prove if he is for real or not? i think last years big trades as well as this year's grcia deal shows he wants to win NOW.I agree that he has already proven this year that he wants to win NOW. I also agree that having Everett right now, if Frank does go on the DL for awhile, wouldnt be a bad thing.

G-Ville Sox
07-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Jeremey Burnitz is also a left handed stick that could balance out the lineup more, plus he could spare Lee a few days in left field.

:gulp:

pearso66
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Burnitz should not be allowed anywhere near this team. He shouldnt even be allowed to play when his team is playing our team. Please stay away.

CWSGuy406
07-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Thomas will be back in a couple of days. Even Kenny said this morning on M&M that the whole thing has been overblown.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2004, 12:00 PM
If what you say is true then a lot of people (including Thomas himself) are badly mistaken.

Lip

joeynach
07-09-2004, 12:00 PM
If Thomas is out for 6 weeks Kenny Williams should go after Carl Everett. I'm sure he could be acquired for a bucket of balls from Montreal and he'd be a nice switch-hitting DH until Frank comes back. If Frank is really having surgery, would anyone mind this lineup?

CF Aaron Rowand / Timo Perez / Willie Harris
2B Juan Uribe
RF Magglio Ordonez
LF Carlos Lee
SS Jose Valentin
1B Paul Konerko
DH Carl Everett
3B Joe Crede
C Sandy Alomar Jr.
I would more like to see

2B. Harris/Uribe
LF. Lee
RF. Maggs
1B. Konerko
SS. Valentin
DH. Everett
CF. Rowand
3B. Crede
C. Alomar

jabrch
07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Burnitz should not be allowed anywhere near this team. He shouldnt even be allowed to play when his team is playing our team. Please stay away.
Why so anti-Burnitz? He can play CF or LF. He's a lefty who has decent power. He's got good plate discipline. I wouldn't want him to be our #1 LF everyday - but as a 4th OF/DH while Frank is hurt? He's inexpensive salary-wise and would cost very little prospect-wise.

I'm not saying he should play every day - but if Frank does go down for 6 weeks - I wouldn't mind having him in Gload's spot.

samram
07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Why so anti-Burnitz? He can play CF or LF. He's a lefty who has decent power. He's got good plate discipline. I wouldn't want him to be our #1 LF everyday - but as a 4th OF/DH while Frank is hurt? He's inexpensive salary-wise and would cost very little prospect-wise.

I'm not saying he should play every day - but if Frank does go down for 6 weeks - I wouldn't mind having him in Gload's spot.
Not to mention, the shift from Coors to USCF is not as big offensively as it once was.

Randar68
07-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I would more like to see

2B. Harris/Uribe
LF. Lee
RF. Maggs
1B. Konerko
SS. Valentin
DH. Everett
CF. Rowand
3B. Crede
C. Alomar
I think you'd have to put Everett at #4 to break up the RH'edness of the line-up.

guillen4life13
07-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Here are some players who would look good with the Sox (good players on non-contenders... though I don't know their salaries so that may rule some of these guys out).

Jeromy Burnitz (that was a good idea, G-Ville Sox)
J.D. Drew
Mike Sweeney
Shea Hillenbrand
Luis Gonzalez
Todd Helton (I'm sure his contract is beyond our range, but it would be worth a shot).
Vinny Castilla
Royce Clayton
Rondell White
Dmitri Young

Rudy Law
07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that KW will do what it takes. I hear that Larry Walker wouldn't mind being traded to a contender. He would be a nice fill in at DH. I also have heard that R. Palmero(sp) is available. He would also fit in perfectly. What do you guys think?

CubKilla
07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
If this team and KW are "for real" then KW has quite the job on his hands..... one which I don't even think the greatest GM in baseball could pull off in the span of just over 2.5 weeks. If Thomas goes down, another PROVEN bat will have to be added. Schoenweis (:whiner: ) should be shipped back to the pen and another BP arm should be acquired (Jackson should be dealt or cut). Another PROVEN SP should be acquired to fill Schoenweis's hole. Of course, KW will probably roll the dice with the likes of Crede and Rowand in their respective positions although cases could be made for upgrading those two positions if players are made available.

KW has his work cut out for him. Offseason's of nothing will do that to you though when you're in contention in July.