PDA

View Full Version : Another Yankmee going to the ASG!

Viva Magglio
07-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Javier Vazquez makes Yankmee No. 8 going to Houston! :angry:

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Amazing....that's what happens when you have a national following and get star players.

I think eight is a bit much though...it's as if someone is trying to rub the rest of the league's faces in it.

Lip

DaveIsHere
07-08-2004, 09:45 PM
They dont call them the YANKMEES for nothing, I guess we are all suppose to unload in our pants over that AL team in NY:angry:

Cubbiesuck13
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Amazing....that's what happens when you have a national following and get star players.

I think eight is a bit much though...it's as if someone is trying to rub the rest of the league's faces in it.

Lip
we could put a stop to it by making it to the WS. I doubt the Oz would pick a bunch of new york players.

SomebodyToldMe
07-08-2004, 10:07 PM
why? who dropped out and/or is injured?

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
why? who dropped out and/or is injured?
Tim Hudson is hurt.

SomebodyToldMe
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
that's nice...i guess mark doesn't deserve to be an all-star like his teammate este.

damn you torre.

Blob
07-08-2004, 10:59 PM
that's nice...i guess mark doesn't deserve to be an all-star like his teammate este.

damn you torre.He does but, his jersey doesn't I guess...

RKMeibalane
07-09-2004, 12:06 AM
The reason Joe Torre can get away with this is because baseball doesn't have a real commissioner. If I were the MLB Commissioner, this crap wouldn't be allowed. I would have already done the following...

1. Replaced Jason Giambi in the starting line-up with Frank Thomas.

2. Selected Mark Buehrle to replace Hudson instead of Vasquez.

3. Replaced Sammy Sosa with Craig Wilson in the NL starting lineup.

4. Replaced Frank Thomas with Paul Konerko, because Frank is injured.

5. Not allowed Hideki Matsui to be on the 32nd Man ballot.

6. Allowed Carlos Beltran to play for the National League. After all, if Willie McGee can win the National League batting title while playing in the American League, I think Beltran playing in the game can be allowed.

7. Changed the way the managers of the All Star Game are selected. The manager of the team's with the best record at the end of June would be selected. After all, if the game is supposed to be for this season's all starts, shouldn't that extend to the managers, as well?