PDA

View Full Version : Magglio Activated - but...

jabrch
07-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Where was he today? I didn't see him in the dugout, and late in the game when pinch hitting opportunities were there for him in the 8th, he wasn't even loosening up? Was he in USCF today? Why wouldn't he hit for Burke?

OzzieBall2004
07-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Where was he today? I didn't see him in the dugout, and late in the game when pinch hitting opportunities were there for him in the 8th, he wasn't even loosening up? Was he in USCF today? Why wouldn't he hit for Burke?

He was there, he was available, and he was loosening up when Uribe was up to bat....Not sure what game you were watching....

Blob
07-08-2004, 06:17 PM
He was there, he was available, and he was loosening up when Uribe was up to bat....Not sure what game you were watching....
Yeah, they had him on camera at least 4-5 times throughout the game...

Cowch44
07-08-2004, 06:22 PM
He's gonna be DH over the Weekend.

Aidan
07-08-2004, 06:30 PM
He's gonna be DH over the Weekend.Yeah, Maggs isn't really 100% yet. He will recoup while in the lineup as the DH for all 3 games against the Mariners.

jabrch
07-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I was sitting in 328, row 3. I guess I missed when he was warming up. I wonder why he wasn't used to hit for Gload? (not that I am complaining - great results!!!)

LuvSox
07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I was sitting in 328, row 3. I guess I missed when he was warming up. I wonder why he wasn't used to hit for Gload? (not that I am complaining - great results!!!)
I guess you couldn't see him very well from the stands. I was wondering what you were watching tv. :D:

Kadafi311
07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Why wouldn't he hit for Burke?
I was thinking the same thing. I guess Ozzie figured the Righty/Lefty matchup was better than a 80% Maggs.

Who knew?

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Williams was a guest during the inning that the Sox tied the score at 5 with the ESPN announcers. They spoke at lenght about Maggs' contract situation. I thought a key phrase was uttered by Williams when he said (and I'm paraphrasing here...) It's unwise to devote such a large percentage of your payroll to one player, this is a team game.
Goodbye Maggs.

Lip

MrRoboto83
07-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Williams was a guest during the inning that the Sox tied the score at 5 with the ESPN announcers. They spoke at lenght about Maggs' contract situation. I thought a key phrase was uttered by Williams when he said (and I'm paraphrasing here...) It's unwise to devote such a large percentage of your payroll to one player, this is a team game.
Goodbye Maggs.

Lip

Yeah that doesnt sound too promising, hopefully perhaps the Sox can sign someone of Maggs caliber instead either by trade or during the offseason

Cowch44
07-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah that doesnt sound too promising, hopefully perhaps the Sox can sign someone of Maggs caliber instead either by trade or during the offseason
...and you really think JR would actually sign a good player?:tongue:

rockfordsox
07-08-2004, 10:32 PM
My view on this is you hear zero about Maggs come back until the big hurt is near going on the DL. How well will Maggs do as DH? Some players can't DH they need to play the field. I agree with whats the difference about the rehab assignment or playing in the majors. But something appears kind of fishy here. hope I'm wrong and Mags has a big weekend will be at the game on Sat. Go SOX. Good luck MAGS.

rmusacch
07-08-2004, 10:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I guess Ozzie figured the Righty/Lefty matchup was better than a 80% Maggs.

Who knew?
Why activate him if you are not going to use him?

Blob
07-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Goodbye Maggs.

Lip
Does not sound good...

pearso66
07-09-2004, 12:21 AM
They stated a few times during the game that Maggs and everyone else thought he was going to be activated tomorrow (Friday). but he was activated today. Maybe they had him activated today just in case they needed him. He was warming up and looked to be coming in if Uribe didnt get that hit.