PDA

View Full Version : It's not that bad

WWIII
07-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Everyone's talking about our hitting slump, but has anyone noticed how well the Angels field? Vlad has stolen at least three doubles in this series with good fielding. I just watched Figgins rob Juan of a double at least by jumping and catching a line drive. It's just bad luck when that happens. At least we're hitting the ball solidly.

DaveIsHere
07-08-2004, 02:18 PM
'meh it still sucks that we are not scoring any runs...POO!!

TomParrish79
07-08-2004, 02:23 PM
yeah well, they spoiled us with all those double digit games.

They will come around, everyone just hang on till it happens.

Tekijawa
07-08-2004, 02:26 PM
And the Twis don't even play tonight so we'll only lose a Half Game instead of a Whole one!!!

GO SOX!!!:supernana:

cubhater
07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Everyone's talking about our hitting slump, but has anyone noticed how well the Angels field? Vlad has stolen at least three doubles in this series with good fielding. I just watched Figgins rob Juan of a double at least by jumping and catching a line drive. It's just bad luck when that happens. At least we're hitting the ball solidly.
It's not just the Angel's fielding. Schoscia (sp) has them playing REAL NL style baseball with sacrificing, moving runners over, and stealing bases. I hope Ozzie's taking notes this week! On the other hand, Anaheim has the players to do these things. The Sox are pathetic at bunting and can't move guys over if their lives depended on it.

HebrewHammer
07-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I always wondered what our lineup would look like if we didn't have Mags or Frank and now I know, absolutley freakin' terrible! This team is the baseball equivlent of a stripper, just one big tease, they always get my hopes up, they've done it twice today. Borchard must really suck to not get a call up and force Ozzie to stick zombies like Timo and Ross out there. Speaking of zombies, Esteban Loazia? One year from now, he and Kurt Warner will be sitting on a couch using themselves in Madden 2004 and MLB 2004 and trying to figure out where they went wrong.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

3Peater
07-08-2004, 03:10 PM
And the Twis don't even play tonight so we'll only lose a Half Game instead of a Whole one!!!

Twins start a 4-game series with the Tigers tonight. MN starts Terry Mulholland, so they probably won't get a shut out for the 4th straight night.(oh yes, Detroit has a real offense, too)

Thursday afternoon baseball blowout on hand. Sox get some offense going, and Loaiza doesn't have it.

Also Politte and other relievers with decent ERA's should be judged more on allowed runners that score. Not impressive display relieving Loaiza in the 6th.

Blob
07-08-2004, 03:11 PM

GO SOX!!!:supernana:
Twins play the Tigers tonight.

SOXSINCE'70
07-08-2004, 03:22 PM

GO SOX!!!:supernana:Not quite.The Twinkies play a 4 gamer at home w/the Tigers.The Sox could be 3 1/2 games out and fading by the end of the night.What happened to the pitching and the offense????:(: :(: :(:

maggliofan10
07-08-2004, 03:24 PM
what a great 1st half this is turning out to be!

Tekijawa
07-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Not quite.The Twinkies play a 4 gamer at home w/the Tigers.The Sox could be 3 1/2 games out and fading by the end of the night.What happened to the pitching and the offense????:(: :(: :(:
Just realized that... and today just got a whole lot worse!

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Just realized that... and today just got a whole lot worse!
The season is spiraling out of control fast.

hawkjt
07-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Finally Vlad made a mistake when he fumbled timo's hit to right and allowed willie to score from first on a single. I love to watch Willie run.