PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 7/8

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 12:56 PM
"I apologize to the fans that came out and watched this game." --Ozzie Guillen to Joe Cowley of the Daily Southtown. talking about Wednesday night's game.

Lip

harwar
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
"I apologize to the fans that came out and watched this game." --Ozzie Guillen to Joe Cowley of the Daily Southtown. talking about Wednesday night's game.

Lip
Could it be that the team already knew that Frank may be gone for the season and they were just playing in shock last night.They didn't have their heads in the game.

mcfish
07-08-2004, 12:59 PM

Lip
I'm gonna need at least a formal letter of apology for that mess, a quote during the postgame show and in the Southtown isn't going to cut it.

bobj4400
07-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Could it be that the team already knew that Frank may be gone for the season and they were just playing in shock last night.They didn't have their heads in the game.
Or could it be that they knew Scott Schoeneweis was going to the mound and they would have to score at least 6-8 runs to have a fighting chance to win. Without Frank or Magglio this is highly unlikely, so they just packed it in...especially after it was like 6-0 in the 3rd inning.

Baby Fisk
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
At one point on TV last night, once the Halos hit double digits on the scoreboard they cut to a shot of Ozzie staring at the dugout floor, shaking his head as if he was stunned by something. It was one of those moments when you suspect that something verrrrry bad is happening under the surface of what is visible... :(:

TornLabrum
07-08-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna need at least a formal letter of apology for that mess, a quote during the postgame show and in the Southtown isn't going to cut it.
The only reason I'm not requesting a formal letter of apology is that last night's triple play is the first one I've ever seen in person.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Things are only going to get worse if Frank can't come back from the ankle injury. I have the feeling we're going to be seeing Ozzie staring at the floor a lot during the second half.

mcfish
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
The only reason I'm not requesting a formal letter of apology is that last night's triple play is the first one I've ever seen in person.
Good point. There was one shining moment in yesterday's game.

I actually said "maybe they could triple 'em up" in a very sarcastic manner a second before Molina hit the ground ball. I was amazed.

cubhater
07-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Same here! Molina made Konerko look like a speed demon the way he ran toward first!:D:

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Same here! Molina made Konerko look like a speed demon the way he ran toward first!:D:
:walnuts

"I'm a lean, mean, double-play-hitting machine."

Brian26
07-08-2004, 03:25 PM

Same here. Even though we got trounced, I'll always remember that game.

maggliofan10
07-08-2004, 03:35 PM
the triple play was a nice sight in the replays at least it was the only thing wgn showed if i remember correctly thankfully

rmusacch
07-08-2004, 04:44 PM
We had a triple play?

Foulke You
07-08-2004, 04:52 PM
We had a triple play?
Yep, 5-4-3 around the horn. Perfectly executed triple play. Too bad we were down 7-0 when it happened. The only highlight from last night's game.

the_valenstache
07-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Actually, the real best quote from yesterday's game was Paulie saying, "I always figured I'd be on the field for a triple play, except I figured I'd be the one hitting into it."

Made me laugh out loud.

Yesterday's over though...great comeback today!

npdempse
Yeah, hair stood on end for that one. Solid play in an otherwise awful evening.

owensmouth
:walnuts

"I'm a lean, mean, double-play-hitting machine."
Let's see, 7 GDPs this year and 21 HRs. I'd keep him

TornLabrum
07-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah, hair stood on end for that one. Solid play in an otherwise awful evening.
I was sitting behing third base in Sec. 149 yesterday. As soon as the ball came to Crede, I'm thinking, "Triple play!" So as he stepped on the base, I started my call: "5...4...3 YES!!!!"