PDA

View Full Version : Minor Coaching Staff Change


Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 12:54 AM
From the Trib:
Staff change? The White Sox are expected to announce Wednesday that bullpen coach Man Soo Lee will be reassigned within the organization next year. Lee, a former star in South Korea, has served as Sox bullpen catcher for the last two seasons. He is likely to wind up as a minor-league coach.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the Trib:
Staff change? The White Sox are expected to announce Wednesday that bullpen coach Man Soo Lee will be reassigned within the organization next year. Lee, a former star in South Korea, has served as Sox bullpen catcher for the last two seasons. He is likely to wind up as a minor-league coach. maybe we then can have some of those asian kids to sign w/us.

duke of dorwood
09-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Thats too bad-he's a busy guy there and real fan-friendly. Works hard too. We will miss him in left field.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the Trib:
Staff change? The White Sox are expected to announce Wednesday that bullpen coach Man Soo Lee will be reassigned within the organization next year. Lee, a former star in South Korea, has served as Sox bullpen catcher for the last two seasons. He is likely to wind up as a minor-league coach. am i missing something, is this a promotion or a demotion? I took this as a promotion, ever coach dream is manage, and where would you get that except in the minors... right.

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
am i missing something, is this a promotion or a demotion? I took this as a promotion, ever coach dream is manage, and where would you get that except in the minors... right.

Well he won't be the manager of a team just a coach I guess.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Well he won't be the manager of a team just a coach I guess. ok, now i got it......... thanks......... i guess they are blaming the wrong people......

Jerry_Manuel
09-26-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
ok, now i got it......... thanks......... i guess they are blaming the wrong people......

It sounded like you were implying he would be a head coach of one of our minor league teams. I see it as him being a bench coach or a hitting coach or something like that.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


It sounded like you were implying he would be a head coach of one of our minor league teams. I was simplying say I see it as him being a bench coach or a hitting coach or something like that. yeah i can see were you thought that....... my mistake, sorry. But i was wondering if they could be grooming him for something more....... that was my thought. In the minors they can give him free reign to do this.