PDA

View Full Version : Are we a seller if things go sour?

hawkjt
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
We are only one game back in the loss column so we cant panic yet. But if things go sour in the next 3 weeks are we dumping players for prospects? It is a possibilty and not a bad way to rebuild ala the Brewers. This Sucks.

OurBitchinMinny
07-08-2004, 01:20 PM
If we turn into sellers in this division, then heads need to roll. There is no reason the white sox should not win this division. The twins cant play crappy teams forever

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't think it would happen barring say a twelve or fourteen game losing streak.

Lip

Mickster
07-08-2004, 01:48 PM
I don't think it would happen barring say a twelve or fourteen game losing streak.

Lip
If Frank is gone for the season, would this change your opinion? :o:

samram
07-08-2004, 01:54 PM
If Frank is gone for the season, would this change your opinion? :o:
You still have to give them a chance. However, if they fell behind by a lot (say 8-10 games out at the end of this month), I would sell. I think E-Lo, Maggs, Politte, if he's still doing well, and maybe Schoeneweis, could be attractive to some teams.

Flight #24
07-08-2004, 02:05 PM
You still have to give them a chance. However, if they fell behind by a lot (say 8-10 games out at the end of this month), I would sell. I think E-Lo, Maggs, Politte, if he's still doing well, and maybe Schoeneweis, could be attractive to some teams.
Add Valentin to the mix. if they do give up, I thik it needs to eb with an eye towards dominating NEXT YEAR, not rebuilding.
Work a 3-way trade that sends ELo & Val to NY, a mid level prospect to 'Zona, & RandyJ & cash to the Sox.

Then send Maggs to Florida for a good SP & reliever

Baby Fisk
07-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I shouldn't have read this thread right after lunch...

:chunks

rwcescato
07-08-2004, 02:28 PM
We are only one game back in the loss column so we cant panic yet. But if things go sour in the next 3 weeks are we dumping players for prospects? It is a possibilty and not a bad way to rebuild ala the Brewers. This Sucks.
Lets all relax !!! Its a 5 game losing streak. By the end of today we will only be 2 games out and the Twins actually play hot hitting tigers over the weekend. Maybe we can finally get some help and start winning as well.
We play Seattle over the weekend who has a 5 game losing streak of their own. We will be fine.
Rich

Fungo
07-08-2004, 02:29 PM
If we turn into sellers in this division, then heads need to roll. There is no reason the white sox should not win this division. The twins cant play crappy teams foreverI don't know about you, but I am tired of scoreboard watching. We need to start winning our games and things will take care of themselves. I understand the twins present us as the biggest obstacle to winning the division, but quite honestly, we should be running away with this division right now. I'd like to win the division, not back into it by Minnesota loosing it.