PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else sick of...

Sell Jerry Sell!
07-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Ross Gload? I have never seen a player so overmatched in any situation. I don't know why the sox keep his arse around. He's the current version of Mark Johnson, take 2 strikes foul a couple off and then strike out. He sucks send him packing!!!

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Ross Gload? I have never seen a player so overmatched in any situation. I don't know why the sox keep his arse around. He's the current version of Mark Johnson, take 2 strikes foul a couple off and then strike out. He sucks send him packing!!!

What a ridiculous comparison. This guy is not a regular and is being pressed into that role.

He's proven that he can be a fine hitter off the bench in a late-inning situation.

Wha's a better option at this point as a left-handed stick off the bench?

EVERYBODY is slumping. Do we have to have a thread about each individual player at this point?

kittle42
07-08-2004, 02:40 PM
EVERYBODY is slumping. Do we have to have a thread about each individual player at this point?
Because, as I have stated since before the season began...Ross Gload sucks.

maggliofan10
07-08-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah he's not very good

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 03:26 PM
If you can't get playing time on the Chicago Cubs roster, then you suck.

maggliofan10
07-08-2004, 03:33 PM
just like our buddy josh paul lmao

chisoxt
07-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Some guys are OK as bench players, but flop as regukars. You can't confuse the two

34 Inch Stick
07-09-2004, 10:52 AM
He is bad for so many reasons. The number one complaint I have of him is that he does not appear to hustle. That is inexusabel from a career minor leaguer finally be given a shot.

I do have to say I like him as a pinch hitter.

JB98
07-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, he was totally overmatched against Zambrano in the first inning at Wrigley last Friday. He fouled off several tough pitches, and then missed a grand slam by inches on a controversial call. That was obviously a fluke, as he came back and hammered the very next pitch into the gap for a two-run double. If that doesn't prove Gload sucks and is totally worthless, I don't know what does.

Tmar281
07-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Yeah, he was totally overmatched against Zambrano in the first inning at Wrigley last Friday. He fouled off several tough pitches, and then missed a grand slam by inches on a controversial call. That was obviously a fluke, as he came back and hammered the very next pitch into the gap for a two-run double. If that doesn't prove Gload sucks and is totally worthless, I don't know what does.
blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while:D:

bigdommer
07-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Ross Gload pinch hitting for Alomar late against a tough sidearm RHP - GOOD

Ross Gload in RF batting 6 or 7 in the order - NOT GOOD

He's a good bench guy being forced to replace All-Stars. It's like getting a Ford Focus as a rental car while your Escalade is in the shop.

JoseCanseco6969
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Worst comparison EVER! Ross gload is much better that MJ ever was. Besides, he has put up pretty good numbers in his limited time with the team. Although I never want him at RF again, i think hes a solid bat off the bench.

iwannago
07-09-2004, 01:50 PM
I think he is on the team only because he's the best the Sox can get at minimum salary. Just my opinion.:gulp:

Sell Jerry Sell!
07-09-2004, 01:51 PM
"Yeah, he was totally overmatched against Zambrano in the first inning at Wrigley last Friday. He fouled off several tough pitches, and then missed a grand slam by inches on a controversial call. That was obviously a fluke, as he came back and hammered the very next pitch into the gap for a two-run double. If that doesn't prove Gload sucks and is totally worthless, I don't know what does."

JB, what about the friday game at the cell? missed fly ball that opened the gates for the cubs. Recalling ONE good at bat in a series of uselessness is like saying the cubs are a great franchise since they went to the championship series last year.

JB98
07-10-2004, 11:59 AM
JB, what about the friday game at the cell? missed fly ball that opened the gates for the cubs. Recalling ONE good at bat in a series of uselessness is like saying the cubs are a great franchise since they went to the championship series last year.
I think you are totally off base. I can come up with other examples of good at-bats by Gload if you really want, but I'd prefer to cite the numbers instead. Gload has 20 RBI in only 105 AB, which I think is a pretty damn good ratio. I'm not going to try to tell you Gload is a good outfielder. He's a first baseman who has been asked to play out of position at times this year, and at times, that has cost the Sox. However, you argued that Gload is "overmatched in every situation." I would completely disagree with that. He is a valuable left-handed bat off the bench and can be productive in spot starts against certain right-handed pitchers. As long as he is used in that role, he is an asset to the team. An everyday player, he is not. I'll admit to that.

champagne030
07-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Ross Gload? I have never seen a player so overmatched in any situation. I don't know why the sox keep his arse around. He's the current version of Mark Johnson, take 2 strikes foul a couple off and then strike out. He sucks send him packing!!!I would agree that he's typically overmatched against an above average fastball, but against the powder-puff right handers that gave us trouble the past few years he's fine. We have plenty of fastball hitters on the team, but he's one of the few junkball hitters we have. It's not his fault that they moved him from 1B to the OF just because he's better than PK or FT out there.

OG4LIFE
07-10-2004, 05:47 PM
guys,

i think its not so much his hitting that gets me about gload, but when he plays RF, every fly ball was an adventure with that guy, i know its not his natual position, but jesus, catching a routine fly ball is something that should be expected of a major league player. i dont want to think of how many balls he dropped, should have caught, or made seem a lot more difficult than it really was. gload blows.