PDA

View Full Version : Harris and Timo? forget it

Gumshoe
07-08-2004, 10:31 AM
I know that Maggs being out is hurting, but come on, we can't keep playing Timo and Willie thinking they'll produce enough in the long run. You've got Rowand sitting out hitting .298 with Willie and Timo (Willie looking very weak right now) leading off. I love Ozzie, but my Lord. Can we just stick with AR?

Sorry guys, this has nothing to do with FOC or anything like that ... just let's play the guys who are producing, man o' war

G

mdep524
07-08-2004, 10:45 AM
I know that Maggs being out is hurting, but come on, we can't keep playing Timo and Willie thinking they'll produce enough in the long run. You've got Rowand sitting out hitting .298 with Willie and Timo (Willie looking very weak right now) leading off. I love Ozzie, but my Lord. Can we just stick with AR?

Sorry guys, this has nothing to do with FOC or anything like that ... just let's play the guys who are producing, man o' war

G
Why is everyone so down on Timo? He might be the team's hottest hitter not named Paulie right now. He's hit .379 over his last 9 games. IMO Timo should be out there everyday right now, at least against righties.

I agree that Willie is pure crap though.

mcfish
07-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Why is everyone so down on Timo? He might be the team's hottest hitter not named Paulie right now. He's hit .379 over his last 9 games. IMO Timo should be out there everyday right now, at least against righties.

I agree that Willie is pure crap though.
Agreed. Timo and Rowand should be the two outfielders everyday until Maggs comes back and we have the luxury of platooning them in center. Willie should not play again until he decides he's ready to steal bases again. He still won't be able to get on base regularly, but at least he could pinch run then.

WSox8404
07-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Willie stinks. Enough said.

OzzieBall2004
07-08-2004, 05:19 PM

G

If it wasnt for willie and timo, we'd be on a 6 game losing streak...
now eat the proverbial crow

DickAllen72
07-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Willie stinks. Enough said.

Willie came through today in a big way.

Willie always hustles.

Willie plays great defensive 2B.

Even after Willie has struggled (because he wasn't playing regularly) he still has a batting average around .270.

Go Willie!
:bandance:

harwar
07-08-2004, 06:02 PM
If it wasnt for willie and timo, we'd be on a 6 game losing streak...
That at bat by Timo,just might be the biggest of the year to date.If we lay down again and lose it gets more and more easy to keep doing so.

nitetrain8601
07-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Willie and Timo are just find. Yes, Willie needs to be more agressive on the base paths and needs to be more consistent and Timo is a wonderful guy to have with the injury to Maggs. I think the creator of the thread is trying to find scapegoats for the 5 game skid. I got a suggestion, blame the whole team from Manager to last player on the bench.

Palehose13
07-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Willie came through today in a big way.

Willie always hustles.

Willie plays great defensive 2B.

Even after Willie has struggled (because he wasn't playing regularly) he still has a batting average around .270.

Go Willie!
:bandance:
:D: Another friend of wee-Willie! :supernana:

Daver
07-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I think the creator of the thread is trying to find scapegoats for the 5 game skid.
The creator of this thread spends most of his free time building the Aaron Rowand wing in Cooperstown.

Palehose13
07-08-2004, 06:16 PM
The creator of this thread spends most of his free time building the Aaron Rowand wing in Cooperstown.

:rolling:

Aidan
07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Timo Perez is playing the best he has ever had in his whole career. He has been clutch the whole season. Rowand has been hitting extremely well. Willie Harris has struggled lately but having a lefty bat on the bench that can pinch run late in a game is not a bad thing to have. What are you people ripping on these guys for?