PDA

View Full Version : Possible suitor for more pitching?

JDP
07-08-2004, 08:21 AM
If the Sox are looking at more pitching (rotation or pen), one possible suitor could be Florida. The Marlins are looking for an offensive bat (Lee? Konerko? Magglio?) and are willing to trade pitching to get it.

If the Sox can make a deal to get Penny, Pavano and/or some bullpen help, what does anyone think?

gosox41
07-08-2004, 08:45 AM
If the Sox are looking at more pitching (rotation or pen), one possible suitor could be Florida. The Marlins are looking for an offensive bat (Lee? Konerko? Magglio?) and are willing to trade pitching to get it.

If the Sox can make a deal to get Penny, Pavano and/or some bullpen help, what does anyone think?
I'd trade Magglio for a Pavano and a reliever. I'm sure Fla. won't, though.

Bob

34 Inch Stick
07-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Sure they would...if the reliever was Billy Koch and we ate the rest of his salary.

duke of dorwood
07-08-2004, 09:07 AM
WE need reliable left handed hitting

Iguana775
07-08-2004, 10:03 AM
WE need reliable left handed hitting
Beltran?

I am sick of this Timo/Harris/Gload crap.

WWIII
07-08-2004, 10:15 AM
For bullpen help, what about B.J. Ryan from Baltimore? Through in Jerry Hairston for Willie, Rauch/Diaz, and a prospect and we've got deal.

Tekijawa
07-08-2004, 10:22 AM
For bullpen help, what about B.J. Ryan from Baltimore? Through in Jerry Hairston for Willie, Rauch/Diaz, and a prospect and we've got deal.
I think that they shiped Willie Harris to us long ago for a reason... My guess is that they really don't want him back after seeing the "damage" he's been doing in the majors!

mdep524
07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Beltran?

I am sick of this Timo/Harris/Gload crap.
Houston is really fading fast....they're 2 games over .500 and 9 games out of first, behind 4 teams in the NL Central. Since trading for Beltran they are 5-7.

I don't think they are going to throw in the towel, but that's a tough road to climb so maybe they'll want to cut their losses in a week or two.

Gammons Peter
07-08-2004, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=mdep524]Houston is really fading fast....they're 2 games over .500

Yeah, were way better at 4 games over .500

mdep524
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
LOL. I know. As I typed it thats exactly what I thought. Plus we're 3-5 since our "big" trade while they're 5-7 since theirs. Eerie. Let's hope the similarities end there. We're lucky to be in a weaker division.

Mickster
07-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Actually, in our division, we are way better.....

siugrad25
07-08-2004, 12:08 PM
I'd trade Magglio for a Pavano and a reliever. I'm sure Fla. won't, though.

BobStop yourself, please. After living down in So. Florida the past few years, I can tell you Carl is a nice pitcher, but not worthy of elite status just yet. The last few years he would be a dependable pitcher through six innings, then his arm would fall off in the 7th. Maybe he's turned a corner and this year is not just a career year. But to give up Maggs for Pavano and a prospect is insane IMO. Plus, the Marlins aren't looking to add $12-14 million in payroll except for maybe a rent-a-player. They're having a hard enough time keeping the guys they have now.