PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones and Russ Ortiz

Dice
07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Here is Jones line for his game tonight:
4-4 2 HR's 5 RBI's

Here was Otiz's line from his start last night:
7 IP, 3 Hits, 0 ER's, 3 BB's, 3 K's and 0 HR's

Think KW should have jumped on that trade?

Aidan
07-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Think KW should have jumped on that trade?Supposedly, the only trade KW was considering was Jon Rauch + prospect(s) for Russ Ortiz. Instead, he went for Freddy Garcia. Now that Atlanta is still in the race they say they won't trade Ortiz. Magglio COULD NOT be traded unless he returned to the field healthy. No one trades for injured players. Now if Magglio returns and shows he is healthy and still shows no sign of signing with the White Sox, I could see KW trading Magglio to Atlanta for Andruw Jones. Andruw Jones has a $12,500,000 a year contract similar to the one that the White Sox wanted Magglio to accept. I am all for that trade. Maggs is not worth Vlad money and Andruw Jones is starting to light it up. Andruw Jones is 3 years younger than Maggs and I think we could get along fine with Rowand, Borchard, and Timo in RF.

Andruw Jones
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5681
.260 AVG
15 HR
51 RBI

doublem23
07-07-2004, 11:56 PM
With Chipper Jones out for so much time this year, who has been protecting Jones in that lineup? I think he'd be in good shape with the Big Hurt batting behind him. That Atlanta lineup is rather toothless.

Aidan
07-08-2004, 12:00 AM
With Chipper Jones out for so much time this year, who has been protecting Jones in that lineup? I think he'd be in good shape with the Big Hurt batting behind him. That Atlanta lineup is rather toothless.I don't really think he would be a good #2 in the White Sox lineup since he has a career .267 batting average. He would probably be better suited as the #5 hitter behind Carlos Lee and his glove in CF would make me nut in my pants. If they brought Borchard up and he panned out in RF, we would have a solid hitting/fielding lineup.

jabrch
07-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Supposedly, the only trade KW was considering was Jon Rauch + prospect(s) for Russ Ortiz.
According to the Braves announers, there was a 7 player deal that was being discussed that invovled Ortiz and Jones. I heard in on the Braves TV coverage.

jabrch
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
his glove in CF would make me nut in my pants.
Try Depends!