PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-7 Sox vs. Halos Post-Game Thread

JRIG
07-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Ugh.

Juan Uribe is 4 for his last 35 now.

Our black hole of death behind the plate has combined to go 4-26 since the trade.

Feel free to discuss.

Viva Magglio
07-07-2004, 10:35 PM
It is not time to push the panic button with this five game losing streak, but it's time to push "What the hell is going on here?" button.

Mods, just add this to the official postgame thread.

duke of dorwood
07-07-2004, 10:38 PM
New life (everyday players) must be infused into this line-up

DickAllen72
07-07-2004, 10:39 PM
We need Jason Kendall, Carlos Beltran and Brian Roberts now.

Plus a pitcher.

duke of dorwood
07-07-2004, 10:40 PM
An embarrassing performance.:angry:

samram
07-07-2004, 10:40 PM
New life (everyday players) must be infused into this line-up
Yep. Right now, only CLee, PK, Jose and Crede (rightly or wrongly) are everyday players. The rest of these guys are all in a platoon situation. That's Montreal type baseball.

inta
07-07-2004, 10:41 PM
jesus, i just got home to see this score online...

i figured the halo's would play us tough, there was no way they'd continue that terrible streak they had going. but man does this hurt.

no panic yet. but yes, definitely "***?"

AnkleSox
Every game just gets harder and harder to watch .... :whiner:

TomParrish79
There really isnt anything to say about tonite. Just hope we go out and play well tomorrow.

JRIG
We need Jason Kendall, Carlos Beltran and Brian Roberts now.

Plus a pitcher.
What do you mean? I thought acquiring Freddy Garcia guaranteed us a playoff spot!

Viva Magglio
07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Every game just gets harder and harder to watch .... :whiner:
When it got bad, I decided to spare myself of this crap and listen to Bob Uecker on WTMJ. I like what "Mr. Baseball" has been telling me about what has been going on in his game tonight.

Frankfan4life
07-07-2004, 10:45 PM
No Comment!

Viva Magglio
07-07-2004, 10:47 PM
J. Hood ripping Schoeneweis, saying he should "Get the hell out now!" He's pissed.

oeo
07-07-2004, 10:48 PM
I would rather they be on a losing streak now then in a couple of months. They'll get out of it and they will come back with a bang.

soxwon
07-07-2004, 10:51 PM
where the EFFF is frank?

hes slumping, play him he will snap out of it.

whats wrong with ozzie?

wolcott10
07-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Well, Bears' Training Camp is going to start soon!

Hangar18
07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
When it got bad, I decided to spare myself of this crap and listen to Bob Uecker on WTMJ. I like what "Mr. Baseball" has been telling me about what has been going on in his game tonight.
I really like Bob Uecker. I hate Bud Selig. I really LIKED our "rivalry" with
the then AL Brewers. I hate the National League. I really hate the way
WGN/Cubs promote the HELL out of "our rivals to the north" and rubbing the fact
they get to watch the Sausage Races.

At least Im smiling .... go BrewCrew.

TaylorStSox
where the EFFF is frank?

hes slumping, play him he will snap out of it.

whats wrong with ozzie?
They say he has inflammation in his ankle. He won't be in the lineup tomorrow either.

DickAllen72
Bring back Lofton. At least he could steal bases, hit singles (not always swing for HRs) make great catches and spark the team.

And I don't want to hear any more crap about him being a "cancer" in the clubhouse. He wasn't a cancer at Cleveland. He sure as hell wasn't with the sCrubs--he was the reason they almost won the pennant. Even they suck now without him.

If we can't afford Beltran, grab Lofton. If we want to give up on Harris (I don't but the Sox seem like they do) get Brian Roberts. Can't get him? Get Robbie back. We need a catcher--Kendall is a consistent .300 hitter who doesn't swing for the fences all the time!

Jurr
07-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Frank's hurt...Ankle inflammation...will be out tomorrow as well...FUN!

Viva Magglio
07-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, Bears' Training Camp is going to start soon!
Don't do that...compared to the Bears, we kick ass despite this losing streak.

OEO Magglio
07-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Well, Bears' Training Camp is going to start soon!UNBELIEVABLE. 2.5 games out and so many people jumping ship. Please don't come back when the sox are back in first.

Clarkdog
07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
We need to get back to a more consistent lineup, and that can't happen until Maggs returns. Ozzie has been shuffling the order around for the last few weeks to cover for the injury, as well as deal with interleague play. It worked when there were hot bats being inserted in the lineup off the bench - but there are no hot bats now. I'll push the panic button if Maggs comes back and we're still hitting like this.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Nothing like a five game losing streak to wipe out any good feelings from the five game winning streak.

Meanwhile the Twins go 5-1 against garbage teams. I guess the Sox can't stand prosperity.

Right now I'm hoping those September 'easy' games that everyone is quick to point out will actually mean something.

Tonight was truly sickening. Nine runs in the last six games...wow!

No Frank, no Maggs, no hope.

Lip

kcsportscaster
07-07-2004, 11:03 PM
After only looking at the box score after doing some scoreboard
watching while watching the Braves 14-2 win over the Expos on our
F-S-N channel and the Red Sox 11-3 win over the A's on E-S-P-N and the early innings of the Astros/Padres game on E-S-P-N-2, this loss is a combination of not only the bats being comatose, but Scott Schoeneweis, Felix Diaz, and Jon Adkins throwing batting practice for the Angels, especially Schoeneweis. I don't care if this was his first start after coming off the D-L, he still sucks!!!! Yeah, run your freakin' mouth about wanting to remain in the starting rotation instead of going to the bullpen and lose the game early!!!! SCHOENEWEIS IS FLAT OUT GARBAGE!!!! I WANT HIS SORRY DOOKIE ALUM ASS GONE BEFORE OZZIE IS EVEN TEMPTED TO USE HIM AGAIN!!!!

The offense MUST wake up fast if they want to stay close to the
Twinkies and pass them again, and it MUST start TOMORROW, DAMN
IT!!!! This team MUST forget about Maggs's contract negotiations,
the All-Star snubs, and Schoeneweis's whining and just play hard
again if they want to win the A-L Central and play deep into
October, and it MUST start TOMORROW against the Angels!!!! That
game will be on E-S-P-N, by the way.

Later on,

Ken Coleman

GO SOX!!!!

samram
07-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Nothing like a five game losing streak to wipe out any good feelings from the five game winning streak.

Meanwhile the Twins go 5-1 against garbage teams. I guess the Sox can't stand prosperity.

Right now I'm hoping those September 'easy' games that everyone is quick to point out will actually mean something.

Lip
Well, in their defense, any team without its two best hitters is going to look pretty bad. That said, when they're back, Ozzie has to stick with a set lineup. Right now, Harris, Uribe, Gload, Perez and Rowand are all being mixed in, but continuity is needed.

DickAllen72
07-07-2004, 11:14 PM
We need to get back to a more consistent lineup, and that can't happen until Maggs returns. ... I'll push the panic button if Maggs comes back and we're still hitting like this.

Maggs is not the answer. I've seen the Sox do this year after year with Maggs smack dab in the middle of the lineup. The problem is everyone swings for the fences. No speed, no base stealing, no competent bunting etc.

We need a guy to ignite this lineup the way Kenny Lofton did for the sCrubs last year. And we need a catcher who can hit.

Flight #24
07-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, in their defense, any team without its two best hitters is going to look pretty bad. That said, when they're back, Ozzie has to stick with a set lineup. Right now, Harris, Uribe, Gload, Perez and Rowand are all being mixed in, but continuity is needed.
Hopefully the tinkering will be done once Maggs comes back. But don't be surprised if Frank sits until the break. I can see him getting the extra rest rather than pushing it and risking going out for a longer stretch.

With Maggs back, I think the lineup becomes:

Harris (v. righties) / Uribe (v. lefties)
ARow (v. lefties & some righties) / Timo (v. righties)
Frank
Maggs
Lee
Val
Paulie
Crede
C

That should hopefull generate some O. Gload is a pinch hitter and occasional defensive spell for Paulie at 1B ONLY.

Here's hoping the Tigers can keep up their hot streak!

SomebodyToldMe
07-07-2004, 11:17 PM
this game i believe we CAN blame on the pitching.

embarrassing display.

good way of getting shut out guys...really...i mean it.

StepsInSC
07-07-2004, 11:19 PM
UNBELIEVABLE. 2.5 games out and so many people jumping ship. Please don't come back when the sox are back in first.
AMEN BROTHER.

The season is halfway over, as long as we stay in it until we can get healthy again, (i.e. Maggs) we're still in it fellas!

Uncle_Patrick
07-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Maggs is not the answer. I've seen the Sox do this year after year with Maggs smack dab in the middle of the lineup. The problem is everyone swings for the fences. No speed, no base stealing, no competent bunting etc.

We need a guy to ignite this lineup the way Kenny Lofton did for the sCrubs last year. And we need a catcher who can hit.
Exactly. Where is the small ball Ozzie promised? Everyone is swinging for the fences and everyone is popping out and lining out. This happened in years past when Maggs was in the line up, too.

The Wimperoo
07-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Why did we even send Schoeneweis out there tonight? Why push back Garland and Loazia just for his terrible self? I don't understand the reasoning.

pudge
07-07-2004, 11:58 PM
UNBELIEVABLE. 2.5 games out and so many people jumping ship. Please don't come back when the sox are back in first.
Nobody's jumping ship. And maybe the Sox will be back in first by a few games some day, but I'm not confident until they start playing like winners for the first time since 2000. Haven't seen it yet.

pissonthecubs
07-08-2004, 12:02 AM
tonights game: just plain ugly. this is getting really bad. if the last 5 or 6 games haven't showed everyone how much we need a big time stick at the catcher spot and either get Mags back A.S.A.P. or get someone in right field that can hit, we won't be catching up to the Twinkies. KW needs to do something right now! i could only take tonights game up to the 6th inning and then it was off to playing blackjack online. this is getting ugly, and KW is the one to stop it. bring someone in!

mdep524
07-08-2004, 12:03 AM
I was at the game tonight and I can say with ease this is one of the worst baseball games I have ever been to at Comiskey.

Aside from the triple play (which was awesome), the highlight of the game was hearing underrated and rarely played Who song "Eminence Front" on the PA between the second and third inning. :cool: That was a first. I was quite literally more excited at that moment than I was at any other point in the game.

As for the baseball (if you can call it that), ick. You could've put a tee up at home plate for the Sox to hit from and the final score would be the same. (And you'd hear all the excuse-makers saying "you just have to tip your cap to that batting tee tonight, he never flinched and came right at our hitters, but he didn't have to face Magglio, who is a career .420 hitter off stationary baseballs")

Actually, Uribe didn't look terrible at the plate, and Crede to right field (!!!!!!) for a single in the ninth. That's it. Otherwise the energy was so low the crowd had to start the dreaded wave in the 8th inning.

OurBitchinMinny
07-08-2004, 12:05 AM

Lip
What the hell has frank done the last 3 weeks to make you think he is what this offense needs. I think frank is about done.

milrtyme28
07-08-2004, 12:09 AM
this was embarrassing. just embarrassing. it looks like noone on this team cares all of a sudden. no joking around in the dugout - just get up, swing at it and line out or pop out or strikeout and sit back down and have a few more sunflower seeds. i realize that there are some holes in this lineup but it looks to me like these guys are just deflated. we miss maggs but he has been gone for what seems like an eternity anyway and we were hitting fine without him.

i am sorry to see frank out of the lineup but if he is hurt he is hurt. that means the rest of the crew needs to step up, not give up. I just hope that the recent trade hasnt messed up the chemistry of this team.

im not going to give up hope after a short losing streak but i would feel better if they werent all such poor performances. :(:

at least the GD flubbies were swept today so I wont have to hear it at work again tomorrow.

pissonthecubs
07-08-2004, 12:09 AM
i would like to think that by showing my displeasure with the Sox because they are not playing up to the ability they have shown in the past. when the Sox are back in first, playing the way they have shown when they play at their peak, i will give them praise on how well they are playing.

JRIG
07-08-2004, 12:16 AM
What the hell has frank done the last 3 weeks to make you think he is what this offense needs. I think frank is about done.
The man just hit .263/.417/.625 in June, and he is done?

If the rest of our hitters were that "done," we'd be 15 games up in the division.

JB98
07-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Exactly. Where is the small ball Ozzie promised? Everyone is swinging for the fences and everyone is popping out and lining out. This happened in years past when Maggs was in the line up, too.
You tell me how Ozzie is supposed to play "small ball" when we don't have anybody on base. There wasn't a single situation tonight that called for a bunt or hit-and-run. Frankly, I can't think of any situation in last night's game either. You have to have somebody on base to start a rally before you can manufacture a run. We've had a series of games where we've had only three or four hits. A manager's hands are tied when there is nobody on base. Frankly, I don't want to see us play "small ball" anyway. We don't have a single guy on this team who can bunt, so why bother?

I can't believe people are pissed at Schoeneweis. Look, the guy hasn't pitched in two weeks. I knew he wouldn't be pinpoint. I was just glad to see his velocity in the low 90s. That means his elbow is fine. He will work nicely as a fifth starter for us once he gets his rhythm and command back.

I just got back from the Cell, and that was the worst game I have ever attended in my life. In fact, the Sox ruined my birthday. I'm very upset, but I'm not going to let this losing streak ruin my perspective on the season. We'll be fine when we get healthy.

VA_GoGoSox
07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Why did we even send Schoeneweis out there tonight? Why push back Garland and Loazia just for his terrible self? I don't understand the reasoning.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why not let Schoenweis make his comeback this weekend against the lowly Mariners? Garland has pitched well lately, and IMO he would have given us the best chance to win tonight.

It just doesn't make sense to screw with the rotation so you can pitch a guy coming off of rehab against one of the best teams in MLB, while saving a hot pitcher to go against one of the worst teams in MLB.

Ozzie is one of my all-time favorites, but stuff like this makes me scratch my head.:?:

gobears1987
07-08-2004, 12:47 AM
You people disgust me, don't jump ship. If anything now is the time to rally in support of this team. If we get behind them then they can win. 5 games big deal, we can just as easily win 10 in a row. Every team has a slump in their season, even the stupid Yankees. Just be glad ours is now. We will pull out of this and then the Twinkees will have their slump. Remember this is better than last year's poorly timed late September slump.

SomebodyToldMe
07-08-2004, 12:48 AM
It just doesn't make sense to screw with the rotation so you can pitch a guy coming off of rehab against one of the best teams in MLB
but aren't we one of the best teams in MLB?!

not lately anyway.

SomebodyToldMe
07-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Every team has a slump in their season, even the stupid Yankees..
yeah but the yankthese are pretty firmly in first.

i think they can afford a little loss here and there.

JB98
07-08-2004, 12:58 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why not let Schoenweis make his comeback this weekend against the lowly Mariners? Garland has pitched well lately, and IMO he would have given us the best chance to win tonight.

It just doesn't make sense to screw with the rotation so you can pitch a guy coming off of rehab against one of the best teams in MLB, while saving a hot pitcher to go against one of the worst teams in MLB.

Ozzie is one of my all-time favorites, but stuff like this makes me scratch my head.:?:
Easy answer: Buerhle is pitching Saturday, and they don't want him and Schoeneweis to pitch back-to-back. You may recall this same situation came into play the first week of the season. Schoeneweis pitched the third game of the season vs. the Yankees, just so Garland's start in the fourth game would break up the two lefties.

You might disagree with this line of thinking, but that's the reason they are doing it this way.

South Side
07-08-2004, 12:58 AM
I was at the game tonight and I can say with ease this is one of the worst baseball games I have ever been to at Comiskey.

Aside from the triple play (which was awesome), the highlight of the game was hearing underrated and rarely played Who song "Eminence Front" on the PA between the second and third inning. :cool: That was a first. I was quite literally more excited at that moment than I was at any other point in the game.

As for the baseball (if you can call it that), ick. You could've put a tee up at home plate for the Sox to hit from and the final score would be the same. (And you'd hear all the excuse-makers saying "you just have to tip your cap to that batting tee tonight, he never flinched and came right at our hitters, but he didn't have to face Magglio, who is a career .420 hitter off stationary baseballs")

Actually, Uribe didn't look terrible at the plate, and Crede to right field (!!!!!!) for a single in the ninth. That's it. Otherwise the energy was so low the crowd had to start the dreaded wave in the 8th inning.

I think the wave pretty much summed up the entire game. You've got the whole crowd more interested and concerned with continuing the wave than watching Mike Jackson and the rest of the team. I was just thinking when it was going on that I hope the team looked up and saw the wave and just felt like **** b/c they drove us to that point! What a piss poor excuse for a game. Not to mention, when you're sandwiched in between the only Angels fans in the park. Ugh, I want a refund. That said, we will come back and win another game... guarenteed.

VA_GoGoSox
07-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Easy answer: Buerhle is pitching Saturday, and they don't want him and Schoeneweis to pitch back-to-back. You may recall this same situation came into play the first week of the season. Schoeneweis pitched the third game of the season vs. the Yankees, just so Garland's start in the fourth game would break up the two lefties.

You might disagree with this line of thinking, but that's the reason they are doing it this way.
Ahhh...I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me JB. I was hoping there was a logical reason for this, but I couldn't find it to save my life.

skobabe8
07-08-2004, 01:13 AM
What do you mean? I thought acquiring Freddy Garcia guaranteed us a playoff spot!
Allright allready!! Everyone knows you don't like the trade! I mean obviously had we still had Olivo he would have went 6-6 tonight with 12 r.b.i. and lead us to victory. Not to mention he would have called a much better game than Sandy did, holding the angels scoreless. Give it a rest.

DSpivack
07-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Hmmm. These last two games were my first two of the season. I won't go for awhile if I am such bad luck!

The triple play was awesome, but this certainly may have been the worst Sox game I've ever seen in person... just flat out ugly. The highlights besides the triple play were Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe throwing out the first pitch, which it seems I see him do every year on his b-day. Also the policeman who sang the national anthem was very good.

Things got so bad I nearly fell asleep around the 4th or 5th.
Oh well, this certainly isn't the end of the season, as I'm hoping this is the low point. Without Frank and Maggs this is NOT a good offensive team in the least. So the output is not surprising, though certainly no excuse. Those are my thoughts, anyway.

JB98
07-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Allright allready!! Everyone knows you don't like the trade! I mean obviously had we still had Olivo he would have went 6-6 tonight with 12 r.b.i. and lead us to victory. Not to mention he would have called a much better game than Sandy did, holding the angels scoreless. Give it a rest.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this post. Post of the night, in my book.

StockdaleForVeep
07-08-2004, 04:36 AM
A silver lining, Magz was takin Bp as people were let in the gates, and were puttin them into the left field seats(sadly when i got to those seats(my seat) he was done and then vlady decided to artillery by us(and someone else from the angels hit a rocket that impaled a old lady next to me(blasted lady, had she not been there i coulda had it)

His swing is still there, running is only a few steps away.

Cubbiesuck13
07-08-2004, 05:08 AM
yeah but the yankthese are pretty firmly in first.

i think they can afford a little loss here and there.
yankthese have lost 4 of 5 and the sox 5 of 5. as much as it would feel great to rip the whole team i won't because there is just no point. typical streaky game for a streaky team. were due for a hot streak soon.

oh, one more thing on the yankthese, they lost there last 2 against the tigers.

SSN721
07-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Wow, what a horrid game. I cant make too many comments because I didnt watch much of it. I had run errands and came home in the second when it was still 0-0. I'm like okay, not too bad, schoenweiss looked alright. But the sound was off for some reason, did anyone else notice that? It didnt come on until like the 5th inning. I just had to shut the game off after 6-0. This is as low as I have felt about this team all year, but we are still 4 over .500 and I think back at how dire things looked last year at this time. 2 of our best hitters not in the lineup and a pitcher coming off the DL against a very potent Angels offense. Good recipe to look bad. I just felt this one was a loss after we were down 6-0. Hopefully we can win today and start putting some wins together. If we can be 2 or less games out when the break starts I will be fine with that. Didnt we all say we would be ecstatic with that situation when the year started, considering the disparity in schedule strength between us and the Twins in the second half? I thought so. Okay, there, that my silver lining, as depressed as I feel right now. :(:

samram
07-08-2004, 08:00 AM
yankthese have lost 4 of 5 and the sox 5 of 5. as much as it would feel great to rip the whole team i won't because there is just no point. typical streaky game for a streaky team. were due for a hot streak soon.

oh, one more thing on the yankthese, they lost there last 2 against the tigers.
And remember the Yankees started very badly too. Knowing this Sox team, they will score ten runs today.

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 08:17 AM
You people disgust me, don't jump ship. If anything now is the time to rally in support of this team. If we get behind them then they can win. 5 games big deal, we can just as easily win 10 in a row. Every team has a slump in their season, even the stupid Yankees. Just be glad ours is now. We will pull out of this and then the Twinkees will have their slump. Remember this is better than last year's poorly timed late September slump.Being pissed off at a week of BAD baseball and let's face it, over a month of mediocre streaky baseball is not the same as "jumping ship". It's also not saying "the sky is falling", though in my humble opinion it might be close to that. I haven't seen enough consistency from this team all freakin' year to get all excited and feel assured that they're making the playoffs.
You guys who keep saying "we'll be fine" and (repeatedly) "it's just a slump" and other such things feeling so confident of Sox success, I don't know what you're basing this on. Hope? Cubfan-like optimism?
I've seen too much "corpseball" (another word for slump?) and lousy pitching from both starters and bullpen all year long to get any kind of rosy we're-gonna-win-for-sure feelings.
Though the record has been pretty dismal since Maggs went down I think there's a lot more wrong with this team than just Maggs being out. Maggs coming back is probably not the cure-all. For sure it'll help.
In the meantime, when we lose to the likes of the Expos; when we get swept by the Cubbies; when we lose 12-0 at home; etc., etc., expect some of us to be a bit on the angry side.:D: (:angry: )

samram
07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Being pissed off at a week of BAD baseball and let's face it, over a month of mediocre streaky baseball is not the same as "jumping ship". It's also not saying "the sky is falling", though in my humble opinion it might be close to that. I haven't seen enough consistency from this team all freakin' year to get all excited and feel assured that they're making the playoffs.
You guys who keep saying "we'll be fine" and (repeatedly) "it's just a slump" and other such things feeling so confident of Sox success, I don't know what you're basing this on. Hope? Cubfan-like optimism?
I've seen too much "corpseball" (another word for slump?) and lousy pitching from both starters and bullpen all year long to get any kind of rosy we're-gonna-win-for-sure feelings.
Though the record has been pretty dismal since Maggs went down I think there's a lot more wrong with this team than just Maggs being out. Maggs coming back is probably not the cure-all. For sure it'll help.
In the meantime, when we lose to the likes of the Expos; when we get swept by the Cubbies; when we lose 12-0 at home; etc., etc., expect some of us to be a bit on the angry side.:D: (:angry: )
Well, one thing is I don't believe this team has a winning streak of 8-10 games in it. They're just too inconsistent. Having a fully healthy lineup, however, will keep the team away from long losing streaks. This is a team that will have to get to the playoffs by winning 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7 for the rest of the year.

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 08:27 AM
This is a team that will have to get to the playoffs by winning 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7 for the rest of the year.
4 outta 7 probably ain't gonna cut it. That's what I'm worried about.

delben91
07-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Amazing though it may sound, the Sox probably won't lose every game the rest of the year. Take a step back if it's so upsetting, I have done nothing but check the box score each morning and come here to check out the PL. They'll win, and win a lot, don't hate on the Sox too much.

That's all from me, I'll come back next week when the Sox have hopefully won a couple heading into the break.

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Amazing though it may sound, the Sox probably won't lose every game the rest of the year. .
Oh I dunno....they might!!

:duel:

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Amazing though it may sound, the Sox probably won't lose every game the rest of the year. Take a step back if it's so upsetting, I have done nothing but check the box score each morning and come here to check out the PL. They'll win, and win a lot, don't hate on the Sox too much.

That's all from me, I'll come back next week when the Sox have hopefully won a couple heading into the break.
By the way, it ain't "hate". It's tough love.

TornLabrum
07-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I was at last night's game, and the only good thing I can say about the experience was that the triple play by the Sox was the first one I've seen in person. I saw my first Sox game in 1956.

Jerko
07-08-2004, 10:44 AM
I was at last night's game, and the only good thing I can say about the experience was that the triple play by the Sox was the first one I've seen in person. I saw my first Sox game in 1956.
Another good thing last night is the fact Jerko had Jose Guillen in his fantasy baseball league, but that triple play WAS great to see live.

Dadawg_77
07-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Man some people need to calm down and walk away from the ledge. Yes this team has holes but so does every other team. That isn't excuse for the holes but a reason for hope. Every team goes in a slump, even the Yankees making up half the All Star team are slumping right now. I think the offense will get it together soon and start pounding the ball in short order.

Side note on last night game, does any else think Hawk is jealous on Billy Beane's success as a general manager. It seems like the dip **** goes out of his way to launch zingers at him. I think most of us remember how horrible the Sox were when Hawk held the reigns. But it does score high on unintentional scale of comedy, one the worst GMs in the history of the game constantly criticizing a GM who has taken his team to the playoffs for three straight years. Hawk if you are reading this give it up, to any fan with knowledge of Sox history knows you are the last person to critique other GMs.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 11:23 AM
If Frank is done, then the Sox might as well give up and go home, because he's been arguably their best hitter this season.

Is there a tag for individual posts that suck?

RKMeibalane
07-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Nobody's jumping ship. And maybe the Sox will be back in first by a few games some day, but I'm not confident until they start playing like winners for the first time since 2000. Haven't seen it yet.
The 2000 season was a fluke. We're not going to see something like that for a while. It's not fair to compare this group of players to the team the Sox had four years ago.

TornLabrum
07-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Man some people need to calm down and walk away from the ledge. Yes this team has holes but so does every other team. That isn't excuse for the holes but a reason for hope. Every team goes in a slump, even the Yankees making up half the All Star team are slumping right now. I think the offense will get it together soon and start pounding the ball in short order.

Side note on last night game, does any else think Hawk is jealous on Billy Beane's success as a general manager. It seems like the dip **** goes out of his way to launch zingers at him. I think most of us remember how horrible the Sox were when Hawk held the reigns. But it does score high on unintentional scale of comedy, one the worst GMs in the history of the game constantly criticizing a GM who has taken his team to the playoffs for three straight years. Hawk if you are reading this give it up, to any fan with knowledge of Sox history knows you are the last person to critique other GMs.
I never have read Moneyball, but I'm picking up that many who have read it have the perception that Kenny Williams came off looking bad in the book when compared to Beane. With that in mind, I think all I have to say is, "Hawk is a company man."

StockdaleForVeep
07-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Ha, was i the only one who didnt really see it till it was over at that game? Me and batman mozied over to the center field deck to watch a few innings, i saw hit to crede and simply said "ok, 5-3 double play" and kept lookin and all a sudden was "oh...triple play"

StockdaleForVeep
07-09-2004, 01:57 AM
I also found it hilarious how i believe after the anderson homerun, a fan threw the ball back and almost drilled harris in the back of the head, willie actually jumped when it landed by him, kid had a good arm, wheres a scout when ya need one.