PDA

View Full Version : Well.....When does hockey season start?

Whitesox029
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Don't move this to the parking lot...trust me it belongs here...

This is about how I feel about the Sox right now. Amazing that just 6 days ago I was at a high, waiting for playoff tickets to be printed...

With my luck, hockey season probably won't even start.

Jurr
07-07-2004, 09:28 PM
This season is plenty long, and the magic that we had has run out. There comes a time when the glaring holes you have minus your star players finally come up and get you. Frank's out, Maggs is out, and our offense is stagnant. It'll get better. The problem is that Minnesota plays KC, Detroit, then KC again. Hopefully, Detroit keeps rolling off of that Yankees series and holds Minn down while we find a way to pull our heads out of our asses.

Jurr
07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
We can't afford to get any more than 6 games off the pace. Period

Huisj
07-07-2004, 09:49 PM
the magic that we had has run out.
yep. and i don't see it coming back. eveyone on the team seems to be playing like crap and also seems to be pissed at everyone else. Garcia's extension seems to have turned everyone into a whiner wondering when they'll get their extension too, and it could get ugly if people like valentin and loaiza keep whining like they were in the papers today, not to mention the whole ordonez stuff with his contract. then there's schoeneweis shooting off his mouth and then going out and sucking. who knows what's up with thomas, he's a mystery man. willie harris seems like a scared little boy, uribe has fallen back to earth and hit so hard that he seems stuck in his own crater, and crede still hasn't done crap to show that he'll really get going at any time. the bullpen is mostly total crap. diaz really doesn't look ready. rauch, who could possibly be ready to contribute, is back in AAA again.

i really don't think this team is going to start playing decent any time soon. too much crap going on and too many mediocre/lousy players.

OEO Magglio
07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
yep. and i don't see it coming back. eveyone on the team seems to be playing like crap and also seems to be pissed at everyone else. Garcia's extension seems to have turned everyone into a whiner wondering when they'll get their extension too, and it could get ugly if people like valentin and loaiza keep whining like they were in the papers today, not to mention the whole ordonez stuff with his contract. then there's schoeneweis shooting off his mouth and then going out and sucking. who knows what's up with thomas, he's a mystery man. willie harris seems like a scared little boy, uribe has fallen back to earth and hit so hard that he seems stuck in his own crater, and crede still hasn't done crap to show that he'll really get going at any time. the bullpen is mostly total crap. diaz really doesn't look ready. rauch, who could possibly be ready to contribute, is back in AAA again.

i really don't think this team is going to start playing decent any time soon. too much crap going on and too many mediocre/lousy players.Oh boy. Weren't these same things being muttered right around this time two weeks ago. There is no magic the sox are a good team. If next week the sox are back in first place you'll probably be the first to say you never gave up on this team. It's a 162 game season people, the sox are 2.5 games back it could be a lot worse. Please stop complaining and watch this team get back into first place with in the next couple of weeks.

the_valenstache
07-07-2004, 09:55 PM
I thought I would never do this, but it is oh-so necessary:

(Everyone close your eyes)

:threadsucks

Jurr
07-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah...too early to go nuts.....we need to stay within 6 back, which shouldn't be terribly difficult. The main thing is we just need to get healthy.....then we'll have our lineup back intact and little losing streaks will be a thing of the past.

Huisj
07-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Oh boy. Weren't these same things being muttered right around this time two weeks ago. There is no magic the sox are a good team. If next week the sox are back in first place you'll probably be the first to say you never gave up on this team. It's a 162 game season people, the sox are 2.5 games back it could be a lot worse. Please stop complaining and watch this team get back into first place with in the next couple of weeks.
definitely i am never the one to say that i never gave up on this team. i've been giving up on this team since i was old enough to think. trust me, if they come back strong, i'll be ecstatic, but i'll be surprised too.

the frontman in my band is a big optimistic cubs fan, and last year he couldn't believe how i was convinced in the middle of august that the sox didn't have what it took to win the division. he was sure they were on the verge of running away from minnesota, and i kept telling him no, that their offense was too inconsistent to win in the clutch and take the division. come the end of the season, he couldn't believe i was right.

trust me, i'm not a bandwagon jumping optimist.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2004, 10:06 PM
What I find interesting is that so many people who say that the Sox have so much talent (and without question they have some) are content to be saying 'as long as we aren't more then six games out...'

Huh??????

With 'all this talent,' why aren't the Sox six games ahead? Why haven't they even been ten games over .500 this season?

I guess I'm missing something here.

Lip

TomParrish79
07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I love the This Thread Sucks Guy he looks so happy in the picture.

WSox8404
07-07-2004, 10:13 PM
This thread is not sucky. It's right. We stink right now, and now with people complaining about contracts, it could get worse. I hate how these millionaire baseball players complain about someone have a few more million then them. Get real. If you weren't blessed with a good arm or good hand eye coordination then you would be shoveling crap with the rest of the ordinary population. Get real guys. The day I make a million a year, wait, 50,000 a year I will stop whining about money.

StepsInSC
07-07-2004, 10:21 PM
This thread is not sucky. It's right. We stink right now, and now with people complaining about contracts, it could get worse. I hate how these millionaire baseball players complain about someone have a few more million then them. Get real. If you weren't blessed with a good arm or good hand eye coordination then you would be shoveling crap with the rest of the ordinary population. Get real guys. The day I make a million a year, wait, 50,000 a year I will stop whining about money.
How the flying hell did this become a thread about overpaid athletes...??

This thread is sucky. It insinuates that we might as well throw in the gloves when there's still a lot of time left.

WSox8404
07-07-2004, 10:26 PM
How the flying hell did this become a thread about overpaid athletes...??

This thread is sucky. It insinuates that we might as well throw in the gloves when there's still a lot of time left.
I beg to differ. If people start complaining about their contracts, which is starting to happen, the team will be even worse off. Do you want that? I know I don't.

Parrothead
07-07-2004, 10:47 PM

This is about how I feel about the Sox right now. Amazing that just 6 days ago I was at a high, waiting for playoff tickets to be printed...

The Wolves will play.....begining in October. So you have that to look forward to.

doublem23
07-07-2004, 10:49 PM
:chickenlittle

Damn, I guess we're not going to win another game all year.

Huisj
07-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I beg to differ. If people start complaining about their contracts, which is starting to happen, the team will be even worse off. Do you want that? I know I don't.
yeah, i think the point is that the team seems to be falling apart not just from a playing performance standpoint, but now also from a personal standpoint. not only are they playing like crap, but they are all unhappy about something other than just their play too. it's not a good or promising situation.

Parrothead
07-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I love the This Thread Sucks Guy he looks so happy in the picture.
I like the picture too and the sky is falling one. Both make me want to...
:bandance: :dtroll: :supernana:

chisoxfan79
07-08-2004, 09:07 AM
THREE WEEKS TILL TRAINING CAMP MY FRIENDS DA BEARS:supernana: :bandance:

Rocky Soprano
07-08-2004, 09:10 AM
We have played like crap and are only 2 1/2 games, not bad at all.

:threadblows:

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 09:41 AM
This season is plenty long, and the magic that we had has run out. There comes a time when the glaring holes you have minus your star players finally come up and get you. Frank's out, Maggs is out, and our offense is stagnant. It'll get better. The problem is that Minnesota plays KC, Detroit, then KC again. Hopefully, Detroit keeps rolling off of that Yankees series and holds Minn down while we find a way to pull our heads out of our asses.
Funny you should mention that word "magic". Because I've been talking about that with my son lately. He's 15 and he wasn't around or was too young to remember some of the Sox' memorable i.e., playoff years. Well, he does remember 2000. But, I've told him all those years (maybe I should strike the word "all"??) the Sox had lots of special moments. Lots of unforgettable "magic" moments. And I know it sounds weird and someone is probably sure to bash me for it, but there was a "magic" in the air. There was that feeling that you knew the Sox couldn't be beat. And way more often than not, they weren't, except of course when the playoffs rolled around, but that's another story. This year there's not been enough of that "magic". There's been a bit but there better start being a lot more or we're doomed to yet another 2nd place finish. Let the MAGIC begin!!!

:) :supernana: :) :supernana: :) :supernana: :) :supernana:

Iguana775
07-08-2004, 09:48 AM

Or better yet, football season.

Jerko
07-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I find it funny how everyone who is telling everyone to relax thinks it's ok until the Sox are "6 games out" when they're 2.5 out. Veiled negativity while trying to be positive!

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2004, 10:50 AM
What I find interesting is that so many people who say that the Sox have so much talent (and without question they have some) are content to be saying 'as long as we aren't more then six games out...'

Huh??????

With 'all this talent,' why aren't the Sox six games ahead? Why haven't they even been ten games over .500 this season?

I guess I'm missing something here.

Lip

The team is 17-19 without its best player. I think that pretty much sums up why we haven't been 10 games over and aren't running away with this. If Maggs was in the lineup, we wou;ldn't be subjected to three posts a day from you about how the Sox haven't been 10 games over.

Not many teams are at this point, Lip.

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Chisoxfan 13:

The Sox have had one injury. Other teams have had a ton more and have better records.

What does that tell you?

Lip

KingXerxes
07-08-2004, 12:43 PM
There can be no doubt that the White Sox have a very, very thin roster. If Thomas is out for any extended period of time - it could really hurt.

The injury situation hasn't been bad at all this year for the White Sox, and yet they are still feeling the pinch. Think if a pitcher or two went down - YIKES!

samram
07-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Chisoxfan 13:

The Sox have had one injury. Other teams have had a ton more and have better records.

What does that tell you?

Lip
Lip, only the Yankees, A's, Rangers, and Cardinals are 10 games or more over .500. There are alot of teams hovering right around .500 or a few over. I think part of the problem is depth, but also remember the starting pitchers had an ERA of 5.4 or so during June. Tough to win that way.

CHISOXFAN13
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Chisoxfan 13:

What does that tell you?

Lip

I'm trying to find a team that lsot its best player for a prolonged period of time and can come up with only one. When the Twins lost Stewart, they had Lew Ford there to mkake a huge impact.

One injury huh? Be careful what you wish for. I know for a fact that no team has lost its top two players for a period of time this year, expect ofcourse for the White Sox.

Flight #24
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Chisoxfan 13:

What does that tell you?

Lip
That the Sox are not deeper than bigger payroll/market teams.....who'da thunk it?

What it does not say is that those teams are better than the Sox when we're healthy.

Rudy Law
07-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I have an idea. We should boycott the team until they go 162-0 and score 10 runs every game and win the division by 60 games! MY GOD!! I am a have been a Sox fan all of my life and have lived through great WhiteSox slides, but what some of you people fail to remeber is that it is JULY 8th. AND WE ARE 7-3 against Minnesota. They have to prove they can beat us....No the other way around!

he_gone_89
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
The Wolves will play.....begining in October. So you have that to look forward to.
yea,playoff tickets we can count on,eh?:D:

its not over yet,y'all. But its getting ugly

Lip Man 1
07-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Chisox 13:

Ever hear of the Cubs and Angels? They lost their top two players and MORE.

Lip