PDA

View Full Version : Player's Homes

DannyCaterFan
07-07-2004, 09:11 PM
My mind is wandering while watching the Sox get pounded tonight and I was thinking about the Sox players... Wondering if I might live near any of them out here in the south suburbs? Does anyone know where any of them live??

HomeFish
07-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Damaso Marte has an address on north Wabash. I assume it is an apartment of some kind.

MrRoboto83
07-07-2004, 09:40 PM
I remember that Tony G and some other players used to live in this apartment complex out in Darien, i dont know if anyone still lives there or not.

Brian26
07-07-2004, 11:29 PM
I remember that Tony G and some other players used to live in this apartment complex out in Darien, i dont know if anyone still lives there or not.
Near 75th and Clarendon Hills Road?

South Side
07-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Maggs lives in Burr Ridge.

SoxFan76
07-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, and Ray Durham all live in Burr Ridge I believe. Frank might live in Oak Brook. Ray Durham, obviously he USED to live there. Bo's house was vandalized recently, and I guess he is pissed. My uncle is a cop, and to this day Bo is pissed. They tore up all his landscaping in front of his house. Just a bunch of punk kids.

skobabe8
07-08-2004, 12:23 AM
My mind is wandering while watching the Sox get pounded tonight and I was thinking about the Sox players... Wondering if I might live near any of them out here in the south suburbs? Does anyone know where any of them live??

This thread could be an extreeeeemely dangerous one---listing players addresses during this losing streak! Lets everyone calm down now. No need to do anything crazy!! :tsk:

Aidan
07-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Near 75th and Clarendon Hills Road?My girlfriend lives in one of those condos by 63rd and Clarendon Hills Road in Willowbrook. They are called the Knoll's Condominiums.

Aaron Rowand lives in Oak Brook. My buddy works for a hotel and has his exact address.

South Side
07-08-2004, 12:33 AM
This thread could be an extreeeeemely dangerous one---listing players addresses during this losing streak! Lets everyone calm down now. No need to do anything crazy!! :tsk:
LOL true... Everyone just settle down...:tongue:

ZachAL
07-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Maggs also has a place bordering on Grant Park, D'angelo used to have an apartment in the same building

Aidan
07-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Maggs also has a place bordering on Grant Park, D'angelo used to have an apartment in the same buildingMy uncle owns a townhouse right there.

iftypofixit
07-08-2004, 01:33 AM
I know where Maggs lives in Burr Ridge. When he made the all-star team last year a friend of mine, who also happens to live a few houses down, baked him a cake that said congrats. When she brought it over she said that he had so many relatives living with him. There was also a rumor that he had a party once where all of the sox players attended. I used to work at a golf course in burr ridge, and Ozzie and Frank both attended. The people in the clubhouse said that Frank was sort of mean (surprise) and Ozzie tipped well.

nitetrain8601
07-08-2004, 01:43 AM
I don't know exactly where Frank lives, but I heard that he has an elevator in his house and was one of the first people to get it installed from one of my guys who installs elevators.

BTW, why do most players live in the far suburbs? I know I would rather live downtown or somwhere close to the city if not in it so it takes up less time for me.

34 Inch Stick
07-08-2004, 08:07 AM
My girlfriend lives in one of those condos by 63rd and Clarendon Hills Road in Willowbrook. They are called the Knoll's Condominiums.

Nice! What time are you leaving/coming home from work?

LongLiveFisk
07-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Through my work, I know exactly where Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko live because they are customers of my company. I can't tell you exactly because that would be a "breach of security", but they are both on the north (maybe "near north") side of Chicago. Frank sold his Oak Brook house last year.

Not sure where the other guys live.

GoSox2K3
07-08-2004, 08:18 AM
BTW, why do most players live in the far suburbs? I know I would rather live downtown or somwhere close to the city if not in it so it takes up less time for me.
For the same reason that a lot of other people choose the suburbs over the city?

Oak Brook and Burr Ridge are not exactly "far suburbs". It's not like the guys live in Lake in the Hills or Antioch.

Gammons Peter
07-08-2004, 08:30 AM
I've seen Frank watching football on Sundays at Slammers (61st and Cass) in Westmont, I know a couple of guys used to live in Orland (Fisk still does)

eurotrash35
07-08-2004, 09:03 AM
:stalkers:

MrRoboto83
07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Near 75th and Clarendon Hills Road?

yeah somewhere right around there

MrRoboto83
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
I've seen Frank watching football on Sundays at Slammers (61st and Cass) in Westmont, I know a couple of guys used to live in Orland (Fisk still does)

i think Jerry Manuel lives in Orland Park

rwcescato
07-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Through my work, I know exactly where Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko live because they are customers of my company. I can't tell you exactly because that would be a "breach of security", but they are both on the north (maybe "near north") side of Chicago. Frank sold his Oak Brook house last year.

Not sure where the other guys live.I know that Burhle lives in Darien. He goes into the Portillos
I worked in in Bolingbrook. I use to talk to him all the time.
I work in Shorewood now.

hawkjt
07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Saw Ozzie shopping in Domincks in south loop the other day. Lots of groceries-Freddy must be over a lot.

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Jon Garland lives in the South Loop...he and I go to the same Starbucks.

steff
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, and Ray Durham all live in Burr Ridge I believe. Frank might live in Oak Brook. Ray Durham, obviously he USED to live there. Bo's house was vandalized recently, and I guess he is pissed. My uncle is a cop, and to this day Bo is pissed. They tore up all his landscaping in front of his house. Just a bunch of punk kids.

Obviously Ray no longer lives there, and Frank hasn't lived there for years.

steff
07-08-2004, 12:35 PM

Fisk never lived in Orland. Lockport, now New Lennox.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Whitesoxwilkes, I live in the South Loop too; are you talking about the Starbucks at Wabash and Roosevelt? I saw Jose Valentin in that Jewel once late one night. It was actually after a game at the Cell (which the Sox had lost, I distinctly remember), and he was there with his wife and two little niņos. I didn't want to bother him since he was with his family but it was cool to see him. I have no idea if he lives in the neighborhood. I've seen Chris Zorich at that Jewel a couple of times; he apparently has a place over on State.

Gammons Peter
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Orland, Lockport,New Lennox same thing. I used to live in Orland and Pudge could be seen everywhere

steff
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Orland, Lockport,New Lennox same thing. I used to live in Orland and Pudge could be seen everywhere

Congrats.

Carlton never lived in Orland.

Gammons Peter
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
whatever you say Magellan

Brian26
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Congrats.

Carlton never lived in Orland.

But did he live in Homer Township? :D:

Brian26
07-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Saw Ozzie shopping in Domincks in south loop the other day. Lots of groceries-Freddy must be over a lot.

LOL. Funny mental picture of Ozzeroo grocery shopping.

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Whitesoxwilkes, I live in the South Loop too; are you talking about the Starbucks at Wabash and Roosevelt? I saw Jose Valentin in that Jewel once late one night. It was actually after a game at the Cell (which the Sox had lost, I distinctly remember), and he was there with his wife and two little niņos. I didn't want to bother him since he was with his family but it was cool to see him. I have no idea if he lives in the neighborhood. I've seen Chris Zorich at that Jewel a couple of times; he apparently has a place over on State.
Nahhh...this is the green one at Harrison and Dearborn.

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2004, 02:16 PM
LOL. Funny mental picture of Ozzeroo grocery shopping.:ozzie

"I tell you what, dees Dominick's Efresh Values card esave me a lotta money."

kojak
07-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Fisk never lived in Orland. Lockport, now New Lennox.
Actually, I believe it was unincoporated Will County around 143rd and Bell Rd
I used to live in Mokena way back then

steff
07-08-2004, 02:36 PM
But did he live in Homer Township? :D:

Why yes Brian... he did. Wait.. you are referring to "unincorporated" Homer Township.. correct..? :wink:

steff
07-08-2004, 02:40 PM

Actually, it was called "unincorporated Homer" back then till 1998 IIRC. Then changed to Lockport.

He was a bit further SW than 143rd & Bell.

Gammons Peter
07-08-2004, 02:59 PM
DeBoer Woods

Brian26
07-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Why yes Brian... he did. Wait.. you are referring to "unincorporated" Homer Township.. correct..? :wink:

Now, do you know the semi-famous local person Fisk bought his house from in the mid 80s? A car dealer, if I recall.

Brian26
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
:ozzie

"I tell you what, dees Dominick's Efresh Values card esave me a lotta money."

Reminds me of something that happened a couple of weekends ago. The wife and I were driving home from the grocery store and Rooney was interviewing Ozzie during the pre-game radio show. Rooney asked about 7 or 8 pretty simple questions, but I started to pick up on something after the 3rd or 4th Ozzie answer, which I hadn't noticed before:

Ozzie begins EVERY answer with "I tell you what...."

I told my wife before the next answer, "watch...Ozzie's gonna say this..." and he did. And he did it again and again and again.

Now it's a running joke in our house. Whenever we start teasing each other, it begins with "I tell you what..."

I think Ozzie would begin that answer no matter what the question...

:rooney

"Ozzie, do you wet your bed?"

"I tell you what...."

:farmer

"Ozzie, did you sign your organ donor card yet?"

"I'll tell you what...."

:hawk

"I've seen some interviews AS GOOD, but none will be BETTER than the Ozzeroo!"

"I tell you what...."

steff
07-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Now, do you know the semi-famous local person Fisk bought his house from in the mid 80s? A car dealer, if I recall.

No idea. All I know is it had a kick ass weight room that was as big as the entire first floor of my current house! His new one is awesome as well.

Brian26
07-08-2004, 04:00 PM
No idea. All I know is it had a kick ass weight room that was as big as the entire first floor of my current house! His new one is awesome as well.

John Bays.

steff
07-08-2004, 05:03 PM
John Bays.

No idea who that is. I just know who the Peterson's from South Oak Dodge are... :D:

OzzieBall2004
07-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Frank lives in a townhouse right near clark and oak. Its a bunch of townhomes built around a block with a courtyard in the middle. A girl I know used to live there. BTW, its really well protected with a key pad entry and a big gate, so dont get any ideas......

whitesoxwilkes
07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Reminds me of something that happened a couple of weekends ago. The wife and I were driving home from the grocery store and Rooney was interviewing Ozzie during the pre-game radio show. Rooney asked about 7 or 8 pretty simple questions, but I started to pick up on something after the 3rd or 4th Ozzie answer, which I hadn't noticed before:

Ozzie begins EVERY answer with "I tell you what...."

I told my wife before the next answer, "watch...Ozzie's gonna say this..." and he did. And he did it again and again and again.

Now it's a running joke in our house. Whenever we start teasing each other, it begins with "I tell you what..."

I tell you what Brian, that's hysterical..since Kris and I do the same thing.

bafiarocks03
07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Maggs also has a place bordering on Grant Park, D'angelo used to have an apartment in the same building

r u kidding me....my d'angelo...he don't live there no more im sure of that one! lol

bafiarocks03
07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know like excatly where magglio lives...just courious!?? not like his address...just the city!1

South Side
07-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Anyone know what part of Orland Jerry Manuel lives in? Only reason I am asking is b/c I think I know of a house that could be his.

Daver
07-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Anyone know what part of Orland Jerry Manuel lives in? Only reason I am asking is b/c I think I know of a house that could be his.
Jerry sold his house in Orland.

Brian26
07-08-2004, 07:45 PM
No idea who that is. I just know who the Peterson's from South Oak Dodge are... :D::wills

"Don't get me started, laddy!"

MrRoboto83
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know like excatly where magglio lives...just courious!?? not like his address...just the city!1

im pretty sure Maggs lives in Burr ridge, he often works out at the lifetime fitness there from what a friend of mine said

TimoPerez
07-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Timo used to have a home in Queens, New York, near Shea Stadium. I'm not sure if he still does. Timo also has a home in Bani, Dominican Republic. His home in Bani is very close to Juan Uribe's home. I doubt any of you live near them.:D:

rmusacch
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I thought Fisk lived in Lockport?

rmusacch
07-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Obviously Ray no longer lives there, and Frank hasn't lived there for years.
I know you know this kind of stuff but why would it be obvious about Ray? Some players keep their homes in cities where they do not play anymore.

FightingBillini
07-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Manuel used to live in Fawn Creek, around 157th and Wolf. I delivered pizza to his house once. Also, I went to school with his son. He was a hot dog in my gym class, but from what people told me, he only made the baseball team becuase of his father. Figures.

iftypofixit
07-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know like excatly where magglio lives...just courious!?? not like his address...just the city!1Maggs lives in Burr Ridge and often does workout at Lifetime. He lives near 79th street and County Line Rd in a sub division. His house is nice, and could eat mine whole but I thought it would be much larger considering the amount of money he seeks :o:

Kuzman
07-09-2004, 12:29 AM
my aunt works for an insurance company, and one of the clients happens to be frank thomas.. she told me that he has a 3500 square foot bedroom!

steff
07-09-2004, 05:16 AM
I know you know this kind of stuff but why would it be obvious about Ray? Some players keep their homes in cities where they do not play anymore.

I've known a few to do that, but usually it's in the warmer places, isn't it? Or perhaps when their kids continue school in the former city?

steff
07-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Manuel used to live in Fawn Creek, around 157th and Wolf. I delivered pizza to his house once. Also, I went to school with his son. He was a hot dog in my gym class, but from what people told me, he only made the baseball team becuase of his father. Figures.

Jerry's kid appeared to have some talent, IIRC. We saw him play a couple times. Jerry was always super nice to us. Jim and him compared golf clubs at Second Swing on many occasions.

BeerHandle
07-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Jon Garland lives in the South Loop...he and I go to the same Starbucks.
Garland lives in the South Loop. The same building as my buddy. I guess he gives tickets to people in the building from time to time.

lths06
07-09-2004, 08:44 AM
I live like .2 miles away from 143rd and Bell. It is now called "Homer Glen". And Jerry Manuel does ( or used to) live in Orland Park - My cousin went to high school w/ his daughter and was really good friends w/ her.

rmusacch
07-09-2004, 10:52 AM
How have you become so acquainted with Pudge that you have been to his house?