PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Schoe's foes!

A. Cavatica
07-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Five poor starts in a row! I'm glad he's now the #5 and not the #4, but he'd still fit better in our bullpen -- or in some other team's rotation.

Malgar 12
07-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Five poor starts in a row! I'm glad he's now the #5 and not the #4, but he'd still fit better in our bullpen -- or in some other team's rotation.While you're at it, reinstitue the "Corpseball Watch", because not only does Shoenweiss suck, we're getting shut out on three measly hits. The Sox may be 5 games out at the All-Star Break.

JRIG
07-07-2004, 08:54 PM
While you're at it, reinstitue the "Corpseball Watch", because not only does Shoenweiss suck, we're getting shut out on three measly hits. The Sox may be 5 games out at the All-Star Break.
It's not corpseball when you have Alomar AND Burke in the lineup AND Joe Crede batting 5th. That's just no-talent ball.

Malgar 12
07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
It's not corpseball when you have Alomar AND Burke in the lineup AND Joe Crede batting 5th. That's just no-talent ball.
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. Every player on this roster (with the inexplicable exception of Willie Harris) is a major league player. That means that no matter how bad the line-up you should have more than three hits against a pitcher with a 5.00 ERA coming into the game! That my friends is the definition of corpseball. Rolling over and playing dead!:angry:

SEALgep
07-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Put him in the pen, talks any kind of smack, trade immediately.

WinningUgly!
07-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Five poor starts in a row! I'm glad he's now the #5 and not the #4, but he'd still fit better in our bullpen -- or in some other team's rotation.Back by popular demand...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/sigs/schoesfoes.JPG

BearSox
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Garcia
Buehrle
Loiaza
Garland
Diaz

Diaz has one bad start compared to Schoes 5. If we're going to buy into Ozzies "do whats best for the team" concept then this better be the roation for now.

WSox8404
07-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Back by popular demand...

Thank God this is back. That stupid SOB fooled us for a while. Now we know why Anaheim didn't want him. They must be laughing their asses off right now.

StepsInSC
07-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Garcia
Buehrle
Loiaza
Garland
Diaz

Diaz has one bad start compared to Schoes 5. If we're going to buy into Ozzies "do whats best for the team" concept then this better be the roation for now.
One bad start? Huh? I'm thinking one good start...and 7 HRs in 18+ innings...

SomebodyToldMe
07-07-2004, 10:26 PM

pure genius.

i've believed that this guy belonged in the bullpen for a while now.

i'd be happy to join.

JRIG
07-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Thank God this is back. That stupid SOB fooled us for a while.
Fooled some of us. :tongue: For others, a four-year track record of suckiness spoke louder than 4 good starts.

WSox8404
07-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Fooled some of us. :tongue: For others, a four-year track record of suckiness spoke louder than 4 good starts.
I admit it. I jumped on his bandwagon. Now I am off, and a good start or two by him will not have me back on. Mark my words.....:dtroll:

milrtyme28
07-07-2004, 10:45 PM
hmmm - shoe insists he is starter material, even flips out when its suggested that he might need to head to the pen, but when he gets the opportunity to prove he can handle it he not only looks bad, but his outing is downright embarrassing.

to the pen shoe - and if you have a problem with that, well, maybe we can pawn him off to someone in exchange for SOMEONE, ANYONE who can occasionally hit the ball. The rest of the lineup has recently decided that actually hitting the ball is no longer necessary to win ballgames.

AAARRGHHHH!!!!! this has been a frustrating week! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

doublem23
07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Garcia
Buehrle
Loiaza
Garland
Diaz

Diaz has only had 1 good start, too.

gosox41
07-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Five poor starts in a row! I'm glad he's now the #5 and not the #4, but he'd still fit better in our bullpen -- or in some other team's rotation.
I never left. Numbers don't lie. I'm about as surprised about Schoe's numbers falling as I am about Uribe's average spiraling quickly towards earth...not at all.

Bob

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 08:16 AM
I never left. Numbers don't lie. I'm about as surprised about Schoe's numbers falling as I am about Uribe's average spiraling quickly towards earth...not at all.

Bob
Or Willie not hitting a lick.....or Cotts showing he really doesn't belong up here yet....or Ben Davis' .083 avg dropping even further....or Gload demonstrating over and over that he doesn't belong in the OF....or.......????...:kukoo:

gosox41
07-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Or Willie not hitting a lick.....or Cotts showing he really doesn't belong up here yet....or Ben Davis' .083 avg dropping even further....or Gload demonstrating over and over that he doesn't belong in the OF....or.......????...:kukoo:
But I thought KW was a genius.:D:

34 Inch Stick
07-08-2004, 08:20 AM
In the big picture a 4.75 ERA is probably preety normal for a 5th starter in MLB these days.

Why is there no love for Rauch. He had a better start against a better opponent than Diaz, yet he received no real consideration for the last Cub start and is not being discussed as a SS replacement.

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2004, 08:29 AM
In the big picture a 4.75 ERA is probably preety normal for a 5th starter in MLB these days.

Why is there no love for Rauch. He had a better start against a better opponent than Diaz, yet he received no real consideration for the last Cub start and is not being discussed as a SS replacement.
I don't get it either with Rauch. Sox sent him back down already. I think currently his upside is better than Diaz and for sure, Shoe.
I will admit I briefly got on the Shoe bandwagon but I hopped off quick in early June. Since the beginning of June he has been little better than the first 8 or so 5th starter starts. Trade his no-good a** and bring Rauch back up!!
Even better yet would be acquiring another GOOD starter but I'm getting skeptical of that happening.

Realist
07-08-2004, 08:44 AM
I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of Shoe and I'm not one of his detractors. I recognize and respect the great outings he had at the beginning of the season, and now I see him giving up the long ball. I see him giving up lots of long balls. Unfortunately, I also see Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland, and Garcia giving up lots of heartbreaking multi-run home runs.

I don't see the starting pitchers that are currently on the team getting shelled inning after inning with double after double intermingled with line shot singles or even triples. I see maybe decent single or lil' blooper, a walk and 3 run shots surrounded by fairly good pitching performances by the entire starting staff. The "big inning" is killing us against our pitching and has completely dried up for our batting. We're in the midst of a total team slump. Schoenweis is just one part of it. It's just a shame he's not the exception to the team's current performance.

I really dodn't think he looked all that terrible in Wednesday nite's game, and not a whole lot worse than the rest of our starters have recently been.

It's my nature to always look for the silver lining and the way I see it, I've always prefered for the Sox to skid into the All-Star break tumbling ass over tea kettle rather than going in red hot and having their momentum screwed by the 3 day lay off. They've certainly granted my wish this year.

Bring on the hot summer nites drenched with humidity at the Cell, hurry back Maggs... and Coop... for Christ's sake....straighten out this "long ball" epidemic that's running rampant through our starting pitching staff. It's killing me.

Go Sox!! :drunken:

Iguana775
07-08-2004, 09:00 AM

I was a backer this whole time but i have had enough of his complaining and crappy pitching. count me in.

Iguana775
07-08-2004, 09:01 AM
I don't get it either with Rauch. Sox sent him back down already. I think currently his upside is better than Diaz and for sure, Shoe.
I will admit I briefly got on the Shoe bandwagon but I hopped off quick in early June. Since the beginning of June he has been little better than the first 8 or so 5th starter starts. Trade his no-good a** and bring Rauch back up!!
Even better yet would be acquiring another GOOD starter but I'm getting skeptical of that happening.
Yes, either bring Rauch back up or trade him for someone worth a damn. Randy Johnson and Finley? lol