PDA

View Full Version : White Sox songs

MUsoxfan
07-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Last night during the famed "Rain Delay Theater" the Sox were playing several video montages (sp?) with Sox themed songs. They had a very 80's flavor to them. While we do indeed have many Sox themed songs here on WSI, I was wondering why these somewhat newer ones aren't on here. It would be cool to have them available to listen to on the site.

DannyCaterFan
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
I was there last night as well and enjoyed hearing Dennis DeYoung's version of "Run Sox Run" from 1983. I always thought it was a good song and never understood why it was not played more. Would love to hear it on the site.

soxnut
07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I wrote a letter to Brooks Boyer a couple of months ago with some marketing ideas. One of my ideas was for the Sox to come out with a CD with a bunch of Sox songs and etc. Something like that could be cool.

MrRoboto83
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
The Sox should get Dennis DeYoung to write a new tune for commercials and marketing promotions, im sure he would be up for the task.

soxnut
07-08-2004, 12:59 PM
The Sox should get Dennis DeYoung to write a new tune for commercials and marketing promotions, im sure he would be up for the task.
Yeah that's a good idea. In my idea about the Sox cd, I also mentioned that it should include a new song that would be used in commercials. Dennis would be a good choice. I also mentioned that maybe Jack McDowell could do one as well.