PDA

View Full Version : Is Maggs getting bad advice...

Wanne
07-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I really wasn't aware that Maggs was being represented by a twosome of Tom Reich and Adam Katz...I thought it was just Katz. Are these guys yanking Maggs all over for the sake of money for their own personal issues. Is this really in Maggs best interest having combo representation. That's kind of like Madonna having 2 hairdressers who would probably not be on the same page all the time. I'm all for agents doing what's best for their clients...but alot of time I think they can hurt more than they help.

I also thought Emrin had a pretty good point:
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38175164

Ordonez's problem is he looks in the mirror and sees Anaheim's Vladimir Guerrero, which is like me looking in the mirror and seeing Brian Urlacher.

OK, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea. Sane people look at Ordonez and see Garret Anderson, another Angels outfielder.

Ordonez reportedly won't budge off demanding Guerrero money - $14 million annually with none of it deferred.

Well, message to Maggs: You're no Guerrero. You're good, I appreciate you, but Guerrero is one of baseball's top five hitters. I wouldn't pay to see you just play. I would pay to see Guerrero just strike out.

He's right...Maggs...you're no Guerrero.

jabrch
07-07-2004, 01:59 PM
I really wasn't aware that Maggs was being represented by a twosome of Tom Reich and Adam Katz...I thought it was just Katz. Are these guys yanking Maggs all over for the sake of money for their own personal issues. Is this really in Maggs best interest having combo representation. That's kind of like Madonna having 2 hairdressers who would probably not be on the same page all the time. I'm all for agents doing what's best for their clients...but alot of time I think they can hurt more than they help.

I also thought Emrin had a pretty good point:
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp?intid=38175164

He's right...Maggs...you're no Guerrero.

He's sooooooo right. Some have been saying that for a while. Garrett Anderson money - yes. Vlad money - NO

DaveIsHere
07-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I just hope that KDUB doesnt push too hard for this and sign him with no ability for us to have anyone good around him.

harwar
07-07-2004, 02:03 PM
I really wasn't aware that Maggs was being represented by a twosome of Tom Reich and Adam Katz...I thought it was just Katz. Are these guys yanking Maggs all over for the sake of money for their own personal issues.
Don't forget his wife who was complaining during the offseason that she wanted to move to a warmer climate.

Tekijawa
07-07-2004, 02:05 PM
That's kind of like Madonna having 2 hairdressers who would probably not be on the same page all the time. My guess is that she HAS 2 hairdressers... they just don't work on the same hair... if you get my drift.

samram
07-07-2004, 02:06 PM
He's sooooooo right. Some have been saying that for a while. Garrett Anderson money - yes. Vlad money - NO
Agreed. Another guy that I have seen him compared to is Abreu. He's simply not Vlad.

Wanne
07-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by harwar
Don't forget his wife who was complaining during the offseason that she wanted to move to a warmer climate.

Fine...then trade him and Aaron Rowan or Willie Harris to Florida for Carl Pavano and Juan Pierre.

32nd&Wallace
07-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Don't forget his wife who was complaining during the offseason that she wanted to move to a warmer climate.Strange because he doesn't even live here in the offseason

jabrch
07-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Strange because he doesn't even live here in the offseason

Right, but April until October still ecompasses some bad weather months. I recall hearing that the Ordonez family wanted to live in a warm weather climate full time - if possible.

Hokiesox
07-07-2004, 02:18 PM
He may not be Vlad, but I bet a certain owner in a certain town settled on a certain island of Manhattan is willing to pay him vlad like money.

Kogs35
07-07-2004, 02:21 PM
He may not be Vlad, but I bet a certain owner in a certain town settled on a certain island of Manhattan is willing to pay him vlad like money.
unless they get rid of lofton by july31 i cant see maggs there. although a certain team around a certain airport has the money for maggs.

Win1ForMe
07-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Agreed. Another guy that I have seen him compared to is Abreu. He's simply not Vlad.
You could even make a case for Abreu being a better player. Abreu's career OPS is .929 vs Magglio's .892.

Abreu signed a 5 yr/$64 M deal (in a different market no less) which, IMO, is what Maggs should get.

Tekijawa
07-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Right, but April until October still ecompasses some bad weather months. I recall hearing that the Ordonez family wanted to live in a warm weather climate full time - if possible.
Or New York... Which ever one paid more?

JohnBasedowYoda
07-07-2004, 03:37 PM
:bcolon
"ask for more kid"

mmmmmbeeer
07-07-2004, 08:10 PM
You could even make a case for Abreu being a better player. Abreu's career OPS is .929 vs Magglio's .892.

Abreu signed a 5 yr/$64 M deal (in a different market no less) which, IMO, is what Maggs should get.
I'd take Abreu over Maggs any day....