PDA

View Full Version : Trade that might work!!!!!!!!

eshunn2001
07-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Alright, I am Soooooooooooooooooooo Fricken Tired of hearing about Magglio and his damned extension, I love the guy, he is awesome. But it is time to give up on the extension. So....... here we go

Pittsburgh: Mackowiak, Kendall, Benson and 30% of Kendalls salary for the next 3 years..

Sox: Ordonez, Davis, Munoz, Shoney ( or Rauch)

They get out of Kendall, And get some Pitching prospects for Benson, We get another starter, a catcher, and a decent .270 left handed bat ( from Illiinois)

What do you all think??
We are going for it all now...
They Could trade Maggs off from there

jabrch
07-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Alright, I am Soooooooooooooooooooo Fricken Tired of hearing about Magglio and his damned extension, I love the guy, he is awesome. But it is time to give up on the extension. So....... here we go

Pittsburgh: Mackowiak, Kendall, Benson and 30% of Kendalls salary for the next 3 years..

Sox: Ordonez, Rauch , Davis, Munoz, Shoney ( or Rauch)

They get out of Kendall, And get some Pitching prospects for Benson, We get another starter, a catcher, and a decent .270 left handed bat ( from Illiinois)

What do you all think??
We are going for it all now...
They Could trade Maggs off from there
Nope - that's a high price for us to pay - and only getting 30% of Kendall's salary. We should be able to get more than that for Maggs - otherwise we should just keep him.

eshunn2001
07-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Nope - that's a high price for us to pay - and only getting 30% of Kendall's salary. We should be able to get more than that for Maggs - otherwise we should just keep him.The thing is we probably will not be keeping him, He is coming off injury, So he probably will not be 100 % this year. And that is all we have left with him. We get a starter, a catcher who could hit at the top of the lineup and a RF replacement (kinda)

Tekijawa
07-07-2004, 12:22 PM

Sox: Ordonez, Rauch , Davis, Munoz, Shoney ( or Rauch)
I don't think they'd fall for the OLD "we'll trade you Rauch twice" gag!

mcfish
07-07-2004, 12:24 PM
:rolling:

eshunn2001
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't think they'd fall for the OLD "we'll trade you Rauch twice" gag! It is Pittsburg

JDP
07-07-2004, 12:46 PM
If the contract situation(s) could be negogiated around the following premises -- and Magglio cannot be resigned .......

Pittsburgh gets:
SP Jon Rauch
SP Arnie Munoz
_C Ben Davis
MR Kelly Wunsch

RF Magglio Ordonez
2004: $14.0 [Pittsburgh to pay rest of '04 ($7.0)]

Chicago gets:
_C Jason Kendall
2004: $8.5M [White Sox to pay rest of '04 ($4.0)]
2005: $10.0M [PIT $6.0] [CHI $5.0]
2006: $11.0M [PIT $6.0] [CHI $6.0]
2007: $13.0M [PIT $6.0] [CHI $7.0]
2008: FA

[An $18/$18 (50%) swap on the rest of his contract after the conclusion of this season (ala Mike Hampton).]

SP Kris Benson
2004: $6.1M [White Sox to pay rest of '04]
2005: FA

UT Rob Mackowiak
2004: $0.335 [White Sox to pay rest of '04]
2005: Arbitration
2006: Arbirtration

MR Brian Meadows

So, an Ordonez/Rauch/Munoz/Davis/Wunsch for Kendall/Benson/Mackowiak/Meadows swap?

Mackowiak has played a handful of games at 2B and could step into the starting lineup at 2B if Harris is not wanted there, spell Crede at 3B or play a corner OF (RF?) spot; good versatility. Also, this leaves a rotation of Garcia, Loiaza, Buehrle, Garland, Benson. Not too shabby..

...... *shrugs* worth looking at or debating on here I suppose.

Hokiesox
07-07-2004, 01:26 PM
How about Maggs to Seattle for Olivo and Reed?

FightingBillini
07-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I like this trade. The problem is, Pittsburgh will want nothing to do with Maggs. If it were to happen, we would have to make it a three team deal. Possibly someone like Boston could get involved, but I think they are looking more for pitching right now. Either way, it could happen as a three-way.

Love Kendall
Love Mackowiak
Indifferent on Benson - I think he is overrated, but as long as the Yankees want him, we might as well get him.

Tmar281
07-07-2004, 06:56 PM
I don't think they'd fall for the OLD "we'll trade you Rauch twice" gag!funniest thing i've seen said on these boards:rolling:

Jjav829
07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Maybe we can trade them Jon Rauch, and his taller older brother John Rauch. :D: