PDA

View Full Version : When Magglio Returns...

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 11:44 AM
What should the new lineup look like?

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
C- Alomar Jr./Burke/Davis

mantis1212
07-07-2004, 11:46 AM

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
I personally still liked Thomas behind Maggs in the cleanup spot. He walked ALOT in that spot, which is fine by me. Always good to have baserunners when Valentin/Konerko/Lee are coming up

samram
07-07-2004, 11:54 AM
I like any lineup that doesn't have Ross Gload. Ross Gload is a great 26th man.

CHISOXFAN13
07-07-2004, 11:56 AM
I like any lineup that doesn't have Ross Gload. Ross Gload is a great 26th man.

I disagree. Gload is a fairly valuable PINCH HITTER. But he should neveer see the field.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I disagree. Gload is a fairly valuable PINCH HITTER. But he should neveer see the field.
If Gload doesn't learn how to catch the ball, he's going to find himself on the waiver wire. If I were in Ken Williams' shoes, Gload would have been gone after he dropped that fly-ball on Friday. There's no excuse for that, especailly in a game involving a cross-town rival. The Sox have players in Triple-A right now who are more deserving of playing time (Borchard). I'd rather give one of them a chance. Borchard can't possibly be any worse than Gload has been defensively.

Mickster
07-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Fairly valuable to the opposing pitching staff....:D:

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Fairly valuable to the opposing pitching staff....:D:
Good call.

steff
07-07-2004, 12:07 PM
If Magglio returns.... :?:

batmanZoSo
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
I agree with that lineup. Thomas is on base the most by far, he should be batting third. As for after those two, go with whoever's hot.

kittle42
07-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Yes! Finally some Gload bashing. Where are all the early-season Gload supporters now saying he just needs to play more often?

TommyJohn
07-07-2004, 12:23 PM
That sounds ominous....

mdep524
07-07-2004, 12:26 PM
If Gload doesn't learn how to catch the ball, he's going to find himself on the waiver wire. If I were in Ken Williams' shoes, Gload would have been gone after he dropped that fly-ball on Friday. There's no excuse for that, especailly in a game involving a cross-town rival. The Sox have players in Triple-A right now who are more deserving of playing time (Borchard). I'd rather give one of them a chance. Borchard can't possibly be any worse than Gload has been defensively.
You forget that Ross Gload is actually a FIRST BASEMAN, playing out of position in the outfield. Would you like to see Paulie shagging flies in right field?

As for my line up:

1. Perez CF
2. Kendall C
3. Thomas DH
4. Ordonez RF
5. Lee LF
6. Valentin SS
7. Konerko 1B
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe 2B

steff
07-07-2004, 12:30 PM
That sounds ominous....

I'm trying reverse prediction... something or other... :D:

samram
07-07-2004, 12:31 PM
You forget that Ross Gload is actually a FIRST BASEMAN, playing out of position in the outfield. Would you like to see Paulie shagging flies in right field?
So he plays a position which the Sox have no need to fill and he can't fill holes that the team does have? Sounds like a guy who shouldn't be here. And no, I don't want to see Paulie shag fly balls, but he has been the starting 1B for five years, so he doesn't have to play a different position.

Brian26
07-07-2004, 12:33 PM

This year? Of course he will. Nobody's going to trade for Mags until they see him play for at least a week without incident. It's only fair to the other team. Too big of a risk to trade for a possible injured commodity.

mdep524
07-07-2004, 12:39 PM
So he plays a position which the Sox have no need to fill and he can't fill holes that the team does have? Sounds like a guy who shouldn't be here. And no, I don't want to see Paulie shag fly balls, but he has been the starting 1B for five years, so he doesn't have to play a different position.Ross Gload is just a bench player. He's a good left handed bat off the bench, and supposedly has a good glove at 1B (but we haven't seen him there all year) and that's about it. I don't think he is an everyday player, but it is not Ross Gload's fault that he is being forced to start in RF on a regular basis.

Kadafi311
07-07-2004, 12:41 PM

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
Me likey Lee in the two-hole.

joeynach
07-07-2004, 02:11 PM

As for my line up:

1. Perez CF
2. Kendall C
3. Thomas DH
4. Ordonez RF
5. Lee LF
6. Valentin SS
7. Konerko 1B
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe 2B
If we were to get kendall

1. Kendall
2. Uribe/Harris
3. Maggs
4. Thomas
5. Lee
6. Konerko
7. Valentin
8. Rowand
9. Crede

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-07-2004, 02:33 PM

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
I think it should be:

Rowand
Uribe
Ordonez
Thomas
Konerko
Valentin
Lee
Crede
Alomar

:dtroll:

OEO Magglio
07-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Ross Gload has been a very solid pinch hitter and probably has been the best pinch hitter the sox have. You guys can bash him for not playing a good right field but he's a first basemen. Ross is a valuable pinch hitter and should be used off the bench.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Ross Gload = Brian Daubach = Jeff Liefer = Warren Newsom = Dan Pasqua

Notice the trend here...

maurice
07-07-2004, 02:58 PM
2-7 should be:

Lee
Ordonez
Thomas
Konerko
Valentin
Crede

Alomar / Burke / Davis will bat 8 or 9.

The rest depends on who in the Harris / Uribe / Perez / Rowand group is swinging a hot bat.

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-07-2004, 03:21 PM
right, Lee should be #2.

Uribe
Lee
Ordonez
Thomas
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Rowand
Alomar

owensmouth
07-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I disagree. Gload is a fairly valuable PINCH HITTER. But he should neveer see the field.At least not in right field against the Cubs. He's a good first baseman, possibly the best defensive first baseman we have. He has limited power, but he's also had limited at bats. He does have a pretty good ability to make contact with the ball

oeo
07-07-2004, 05:22 PM

As for my line up:

1. Perez CF
2. Kendall C
3. Thomas DH
4. Ordonez RF
5. Lee LF
6. Valentin SS
7. Konerko 1B
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe 2B
I like that a lot...I love having Timo leading off.

Whitesox029
07-07-2004, 06:10 PM

2B- Harris/Uribe
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Valentin
1B- Konerko
CF- Rowand/Perez
3B- Crede
C- Alomar Jr./Burke/DavisI assumed Magglio would be right back in the #3 spot. Any way you look at it though, that's quite a lineup.

pinwheels3530
07-08-2004, 12:42 AM

As for my line up:

1. Perez CF
2. Kendall C
3. Thomas DH
4. Ordonez RF
5. Lee LF
6. Valentin SS
7. Konerko 1B
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe 2B

I like this one!!!:smile:

HomerCoach