PDA

View Full Version : Why Maggs pretty much HAS to be resigned

Bisco Stu
07-07-2004, 02:34 AM
Sox are 17-18 since he got hurt. Last 5 games have been a joke.

Congratulations, we're the Cleveland Indians.

It's not my money.

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 02:51 AM

It's not my money.
I disagree, you cant say those games WOULD Have been 180 degree difference games had magglio been in. I think the main issue for resigning him is who would take his spot then, reed is gone and if the sox were genuine in not resigning him, i would believe borchard or someone would have been called up to fill his spot and get some time in.

NonetheLoaiza
07-07-2004, 02:55 AM
The Sox have struggled in the first half of the season for the past 2 years or so WITH Maggs. The fact that we are around .500 without is pretty good, considering where we were last year.

hold2dibber
07-07-2004, 07:22 AM

It's not my money.
But keep in mind that 9 of the 35 games have been in NL ball parks where the Sox had to sit another one of their big boppers. Also, the question isn't whether the Sox are better with or without Maggs (obviously, they're better with him), the question is whether they're better with Maggs or with 2 or 3 other players that they could afford if they don't give Maggs the big money he apparently is looking for.

jabrch
07-07-2004, 07:46 AM
If that 12-14mm (or as reported, 15mm) was used to acquire a hitter worth that kind of money (a Magglio-calibre hitter) or even a strong 8mm hitter and a 4-6mm SP, we might not miss him as much as you think. But based on last night, it looks like Ordonez and his agent no longer want to even discuss staying. My guess is that he never wanted to stay to begin with - and is putting up a big smokescreen.