PDA

View Full Version : Famous White Sox Fans

One_Dog
07-07-2004, 01:08 AM
The most famous sox fan I know of is Jordan. Do you know of any other celebrities that are also fans?

doublem23
07-07-2004, 02:24 AM
The most famous sox fan I know of is Jordan. Do you know of any other celebrities that are also fans?
Da Mayor

Wsoxmike59
07-07-2004, 08:00 AM
George Wendt aka Norm of Cheers fame grew up in Chicago's Beverly neighborhood and is a life long Sox fan.

mcfish
07-07-2004, 11:12 AM
That guy Derrick from the current season of Road Rules.

Seriously - We sat behind him at the game yesterday and girls kept coming up and asking him if they could take a picture with him. I wouldn't have thought that that show would have so many groupies.

32nd&Wallace
07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Jordan is more of a Chicago fan. Sox fans include Bernie Mac, Mandy Patankin (Alien Nation, Dick Tracy), Dennis DeYoung of Styxx and Bill ranic of the apprentice.

Unregistered
07-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Jordan is more of a Chicago fan. Sox fans include Bernie Mac, Mandy Patankin (Alien Nation, Dick Tracy), Dennis DeYoung of Styxx and Bill ranic of the apprentice. Heh, what a lame ass list of C and D-list celebrities. (and that's being generous.)
:D:

Cellview22
07-07-2004, 11:52 AM
I heard an interview with Bill Rancic and he said he's more of a Cubs fan. He used to be neighbors with Magglio, so he roots for both teams, but he's always been a Cubs fan.

Jenny McCarthy is a Sox fan, if I'm not misktaken. :bandance:

Blob
07-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Jerry Springer has been at a lot of Sox games...

Jerko
07-07-2004, 12:04 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32899&highlight=celebrity

TheBull
07-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Muddy Waters was a huge Sox fan.

Though he's assumed to be a Cubs fan because of his Harry Caray impersonation, actor/comedian John Caponera is a Sox fan.

TommyJohn
07-07-2004, 01:31 PM
That might explain some of the fights in the park....

steff
07-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I heard an interview with Bill Rancic and he said he's more of a Cubs fan. He used to be neighbors with Magglio, so he roots for both teams, but he's always been a Cubs fan.

Bill has never lived in the burbs that I know of...

But you're right that he roots for both teams. Nice guy despite that. :D:

Brian26
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Bill has never lived in the burbs that I know of...

But you're right that he roots for both teams. Nice guy despite that. :D:

Except for years 1 - 18 when he lived in the Orland/Tinley area :D:

I think his sister was the one that lived next to Mags.

Brian26
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Nice guy despite that. :D:

By the way, is there any celebrity you DON'T know? :D:

AnkleSox
07-07-2004, 01:42 PM
There's some pics of Tupac, Ice Cube, 50 Cent, and Tom from Blink 182 in Sox gear on this website.

Don't forget Jay Mariotti, he's A-list material and likes both teams equally as much.

steff
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Except for years 1 - 18 when he lived in the Orland/Tinley area :D:

I think his sister was the one that lived next to Mags.

Why am I not surprised that I'd have to clarify that he didn't live there during the years that Maggs did.... :rolleyes:

Brian26
07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Why am I not surprised that I'd have to clarify that he didn't live there during the years that Maggs did.... :rolleyes:

Sorry :D:

hold2dibber
07-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Jordan who? You can't possibly be talking about Michael Jordan - he's definitely not a Sox fan.

mcfish
07-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Jordan who? You can't possibly be talking about Michael Jordan - he's definitely not a Sox fan.
Because they released him?

ZachAL
07-07-2004, 03:32 PM
He has had seats right next to ours at a couple sox games and they have been against the yankees who he was rooting for. So i'm pretty sure he's a yankees fan.

greenpeach
07-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Bernie Mack is a Sox fan. Mike Wilbon is not.

Tekijawa
07-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Alex and Ursela Sanelias... they won a big time lottery jack pot.

Ozzie Guillen

Rod Blagoiavich

woodenleg
07-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I've seen Springer at Sox games, but then I realized that they were all Sox / Skankee games. I found out later that he is a fan of the Skanks, thankfully.

HomeFish
07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes, Springer is a huge Yankee fan.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-07-2004, 05:29 PM
#33 cornerback Charles Tillman of the Chicago Bears is a sox fan. I remember him wearing a sox jersey on the news when the scrubs were in the playoffs last year. :smile:

Erik The Red
07-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I think Tillman's originally from Texas, so I don't know whether he's really a Sox fan or not. Good to see him sporting Sox swag, though.

TheBull
07-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I think Tillman's originally from Texas, so I don't know whether he's really a Sox fan or not. Good to see him sporting Sox swag, though.
Though Tillman grew up in Texas, he was born in Chicago and went to kindergarten on the South Side (according to the Bears' site).

SoxxoS
07-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Chris Duhon all are most likely Sox fans.

When goofy-ass overrated Coach K told them "You must be Cub fans..." Duhon said..."I don't know about that."

My guy.

hellenicsoxfan
07-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Heh, what a lame ass list of C and D-list celebrities. (and that's being generous.)
:D:
That should qualify them to sing "Take me out to the ballgame" at the shrine.

Another celebrity fan (though not a major celebrity) is Harry Smith of CBS Morning Show. Earlier this year he was in town and interviewed the mayor. On the desk in front of them was a Sox hat and a cub hat. While talking about their Sox fandom, Harry took the Sox hat and covered the cub hat. CBS claimed that Harry did it without even thinking about it, but we know better. Way to go Harry!

SoxxoS
07-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Mike Greenberg from Mike and Mike in the morning (on the Eastern Sports Please Network) is a Sox fan.

Daver
07-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Mike Greenberg from Mike and Mike in the morning (on the Eastern Sports Please Network) is a Sox fan.
Not really, he is a Chicago fan because of the time he spent here as a reporter.

Corlose 15
07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
What about Donovan McNabb? Does anyone know if he's a sox fan, he grew up in the City right? He went to Mt. Carmel didn't he?

chisoxt
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
What about Donovan McNabb? Does anyone know if he's a sox fan, he grew up in the City right? He went to Mt. Carmel didn't he?
This would be a good point to end this pathetic thread. It just confirms how few Sox fans there are.

kojak
07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
If I am not mistaken, I believe that at one time Magglio Ordonez was a big Sox fan...

Hangar18
07-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Not to RAIN on any parades around here, But didnt we have a
Thread like this Last Year ?

doublem23
07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Hangar, I don't think you're in a position to complain about repetitive posts and threads. :D:

Brian26
07-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Not really, he is a Chicago fan because of the time he spent here as a reporter.
Right. He went to Northwestern and actually spent more time at Wrigley than Comiskey. Still, he always roots for the White Sox and gives Golic grief since Golic is a big Jnidians fan.

Jerko
07-08-2004, 01:49 AM

Yes we did. I linked it about 30 posts ago, but like a Sox fifth starter start, it was to no avail.

SOXintheBURGH
07-08-2004, 02:30 AM
He went to Mt. Carmel. dont know if hes Sox though...

StockdaleForVeep
07-08-2004, 04:33 AM
Bernie Mac

http://blackfilm.com/i2/movies/h/headofstate/berniemac.jpg
"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

South Side
07-09-2004, 12:53 AM
I just came across this site and I am a bit confused b/c isn't John Cusack the Cubs' whore? He's listed here as a White Sox fan. When has he ever expressed any Sox pride? http://www.sportsfansofamerica.com/Links/Fans/Celebrity/Main1.htm

greenpeach
07-09-2004, 01:08 AM
I just came across this site and I am a bit confused b/c isn't John Cusack the Cubs' whore? He's listed here as a White Sox fan. When has he ever expressed any Sox pride? http://www.sportsfansofamerica.com/Links/Fans/Celebrity/Main1.htm
He expressed Sox Pride when he refused to join the fix of the 1919 World Series. :D:

CJLove23
07-09-2004, 03:24 AM
I just came across this site and I am a bit confused b/c isn't John Cusack the Cubs' whore? He's listed here as a White Sox fan. When has he ever expressed any Sox pride?
Never, the man went on Jay Leno for Pete's Sake and gloated how the Flubs were going to make it to the world series last year :rolleyes:. Then I saw his mug at the game when I tuned in to see the Marlins win during the playoffs. :wink:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
The winner of Apprentice, Bill Rancic, is in the Legends & celebritiy game right now with a cubs hat on. :angry:

Edit: Just saw that he was mentioned earlier in this thread as a cubs fan. I thought differently because he was on the scoreboard at the cell with a sox hat on, just for $$ probably. :(:

Huisj
07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
ME! . . . er wait, did you say famous? oops

well, my band has our first album coming out hopefully by the end of the summer, so maybe if we're really lucky, there's still hope.

(oh no, what happened to deeppink? did it get replaced by magenta in the switch to the new format??)

South Side
07-13-2004, 01:39 AM
The winner of Apprentice, Bill Rancic, is in the Legends & celebritiy game right now with a cubs hat on. :angry:

Edit: Just saw that he was mentioned earlier in this thread as a cubs fan. I thought differently because he was on the scoreboard at the cell with a sox hat on, just for $$ probably. :(:

Stupid bandwagoner. I met him at the Sox game when he threw out the first pitch. He's from Orland too... BOOOO!

Whitesox029
07-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Jerry Springer has been at a lot of Sox games...And Ozzie has attended tapings of Springer's show....connection?

WSox8404
07-14-2004, 12:56 AM
And Ozzie has attended tapings of Springer's show....connection?
Why wouldn't that surprise me...........

E Coast Sox Fan
07-14-2004, 11:15 AM
What about Mr. T? Isn't he a southsider?

mrwag
07-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I've seen pictures of Tim McGraw in a Sox hat. Not sure if he's really a fan, but I guess it counts.

32nd&Wallace
07-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Greg Gubmle is a big Sox fan

Tekijawa
07-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Greg Gubmle is a big Sox fanDoes that mean we have to claim him then?

BainesHOF
07-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Dan Quayle is a Sox fan. He grew up in Indiana listening to Sox games on radio.

bartmanisgod
07-14-2004, 03:24 PM
This is a message to the mods...but since this thread has been brought up over and over and over again...what about making a page of celeb sox fans thrown together with maybe a picture of the person and a little blurb about them and how or why they became sox fans...just a thought...i know some college sites do this for famous alumni.... I think it would be a nice little touch to an already great website.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

JohnBasedowYoda
07-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Dan Quayle is a Sox fan. He grew up in Indiana listening to Sox games on radio.
Dear god say that was to be in teal

HawkDJ
07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Bernie Mac is NOT a Sox fan. He WAS a Sox fan, but has since converted to the north side.

Jerko
07-14-2004, 04:04 PM
This is a message to the mods...but since this thread has been brought up over and over and over again...what about making a page of celeb sox fans thrown together with maybe a picture of the person and a little blurb about them and how or why they became sox fans...just a thought...i know some college sites do this for famous alumni.... I think it would be a nice little touch to an already great website.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've got a better idea; The 750 threads with the words "Bernie Mac" in them should be merged into one giant thread and automatically closed and deleted. THEN we should load some software on here that can sense when the phrases "Bernie Mac" "Celebrity Sox fans" or "Famous Sox fans" are about to be entered so it can emit a short (but powerful) burst of electricity into the fingers of whoever even CARES what the hell Bernie Freakin Mac thinks about the White Sox.

MarkM2112
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Either in the late 80's or early 90's the Sox had a series of commercials showing some celebrity Sox fans... Anyone remember these? I think Robert Conrad did one of those... (He did a parody of the battery commercial he was doing at the time)

HansMoleman
07-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Worst thread ever.

This long list of ChiSox celebs makes me proud that I am not following the Sox because that is what all the cool people are doing.

Baseball with dignity.

soxwon
07-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Steve Dahl is a big sox fan, i believe he still has season tickets.

soxwon
07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
God is a Sox Fan
It doesnt get bigger than that.

BainesHOF
07-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Then God has a lot of explaining to do.

nasox
07-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Then God has a lot of explaining to do.

That's what Ricky Ricardo said to god. God just turned to the KFC Colonel and said, "I think it's about time you told me what those spices are."

mslinky
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Ron Livingston (Office Space, Swingers, Sex and the City). I sat right by him when the Sox played the Angels in Anahiem last May. Nice guy. Said that he was from Iowa and his grandpa was a Sox fan back when they used to rival the Yankees and he and his brothers have kept up the tradition.

MarySwiss
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Ron Livingston (Office Space, Swingers, Sex and the City). I sat right by him when the Sox played the Angels in Anahiem last May. Nice guy. Said that he was from Iowa and his grandpa was a Sox fan back when they used to rival the Yankees and he and his brothers have kept up the tradition.

Cool! I loved Office Space. Nice to have him aboard.

soxinthecity
11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
James Denton the plumber from Desparate Housewives, heard him on the radio a while back and he was ask cubs or Sox and he said Sox.

guess he lived on the south side while working theater in the city, he's from Nashville TN.
http://www.tv.com/photos/viewer.html?type=21&action=pic&pic_url=http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/photo_viewer/d0/fb/2001.jpg

asindc
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Joe Mantegna, the actor (Godfather III and many other movies) is a Sox fan. He is a native Chicagoan.

MarySwiss
11-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Joe Mantegna, the actor (Godfather III and many other movies) is a Sox fan. He is a native Chicagoan.

Do you know this for a fact? He was one of the lead actors in the original PBS-WTTW Bleacher Bums, so I always assumed he was a Cub fan. I would love to be proved wrong.

slavko
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM

I have big doubts on this one.

asindc
11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I have big doubts on this one.

He has stated in more than one interview that he is a Sox fan, enthusiastically so. I didn't just make it up.

TornLabrum
11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Do you know this for a fact? He was one of the lead actors in the original PBS-WTTW Bleacher Bums, so I always assumed he was a Cub fan. I would love to be proved wrong.

Not only was he a lead actor. He wrote it. Yeah, he's a Sox fan.

vegyrex
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Not only was he a lead actor. He wrote it. Yeah, he's a Sox fan.

He was also the narrator for This Old Cub.

chisoxmike
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM

Mantega is NOT, I repeat, NOT a Sox fan. He is a staple at Cubs games.

asindc
11-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Mantega is NOT, I repeat, NOT a Sox fan. He is a staple at Cubs games.

I'm only repeating what he himself has said on more than one occasion. If, in fact, he is a Cubs fan who also declares allegience to the Sox, make what you will of it. I'm not here to defend his position.

The Racehorse
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Muddy Waters was a huge Sox fan.

Should anyone here give a crap about Hollywood when The MAN who wrote Mannish Boy, Howling Wolf, Baby Please Don't Go, and The Blues Had A Baby And They Named It Rock And Roll is a Sox Fan?

Muddy Waters = :cool: x 100!

32nd&Wallace
11-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Bill Murray said he was rooting for the Sox.

GeauxSox
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't know who most of these people are.

Am I out of touch? :(:

My brother in law, Dennis Cromer, is a big Sox fan. Go Bison!!

TommyJohn
11-02-2005, 10:15 PM

Actually, he's a Cub fan.

TFLEM33
11-02-2005, 10:20 PM
The whole appeal of the White Sox to me is that we are not "HOLLYWOOD." People in Hollywood just screw everything up and cheapen the game of baseball. I am personally glad that we do not depend on the antics of people in Hollywood to get people to our baseball games. We win games to put butts in the seats, not get 81 actors/celebrities to sing the national anthem during the seventh inning stretch in an attempt to take away from the fact we are losing year after year. Go White Sox! The team of the common man/true fans of baseball.

Oh yeah, Cusack supports "the city of Chicago." This is a cheap way of saying that he is NOT a Sox fan. Sox fans do not support the Cubs and Sox. It is one or the other.

Hitmen77
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
The whole appeal of the White Sox to me is that we are not "HOLLYWOOD." People in Hollywood just screw everything up and cheapen the game of baseball. I am personally glad that we do not depend on the antics of people in Hollywood to get people to our baseball games. We win games to put butts in the seats, not get 81 actors/celebrities to sing the national anthem during the seventh inning stretch in an attempt to take away from the fact we are losing year after year. Go White Sox! The team of the common man/true fans of baseball.

Oh yeah, Cusack supports "the city of Chicago." This is a cheap way of saying that he is NOT a Sox fan. Sox fans do not support the Cubs and Sox. It is one or the other.

Perfectly stated!

Who gives a damn which team Jim Belushi and Bill Murrary root for?

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Celebrities suck!
:whocares

rocky biddle
11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Is Steve Perry famous?
http://steveperryonline.net/archive/stevewhitesox_oct05.jpg

Chips
11-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Celebrities suck!
:whocares