PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-6-04 Postgame vs. Anaheim

A.T. Money
07-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Well, we are just awesome ain't we?

TomC727
07-07-2004, 12:53 AM
This is not good. We just lost 4 in a row. We gotta get the train back on the tracks.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 12:53 AM
:hurt ------------------------------------> EXIT

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 12:54 AM
:crede ---------------------------------> BENCH

SomebodyToldMe
07-07-2004, 12:55 AM
round of applause for the offense!!

what's that?

it appears the offense isn't here to accept the award.

RKMeibalane
:manos ------------------------------> TEE-BALL

CWSGuy406
I didn't see the game, but I heard Garcia was great 'cept for one pitch. Unfortunately that one pitch cost us three runs? Gotta go get 'em tommorow. Big start for Jonny Garland tommorow.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 12:56 AM
I didn't see the game, but I heard Garcia was great 'cept for one pitch. Unfortunately that one pitch cost us three runs? Gotta go get 'em tommorow. Big start for Jonny Garland tommorow.
You are correct. Garcia pitched well enough to win, but the offense was mission in action for the fifth straight game.

A.T. Money
07-07-2004, 12:56 AM
I can't blame any of the pitchers the last 4 games. They all did enough to win. This offense just flat out sucks right now.

It's time for Guillen to have a meeting with this team.

A.T. Money
07-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I have free tickets for tomorrow's game, and I don't even look forward to it. This team just sucks so bad.

CHISOXFAN13
07-07-2004, 12:58 AM
I didn't see the game, but I heard Garcia was great 'cept for one pitch. Unfortunately that one pitch cost us three runs? Gotta go get 'em tommorow. Big start for Jonny Garland tommorow.Scott Schoeneweis will be activated and pitch tomorrow, according to Rooney and Farmer.

Cubbiesuck13
07-07-2004, 12:58 AM
time for bed, to dream of wins for the cards and losses for the scrubbies!:smile:

nightmares of pop ups and wasted ops for the sox and a royals team that has bad knees from going down so fast on the twinkies. :whiner:

Jerko
07-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I know everybody besides Konerko sucked tonight, but these lineups are starting to wear thin on me. I'm not gonna get involved in all the FOC stuff about Rowand, but right now, he should be in center and the 2 lefties could fight it out for right field.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 01:00 AM
A few things...

1. Joe Crede has got to learn to lay off any pitch on the outer-half of the plate. Everyone knows he tries to pull those pitches, so that's where most teams pitch him. If he can't lay off the pitch, then he needs to learn to hit the ball to right field.

2. I've about had it with Carlos Lee. What the hell was that, swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded?

3. Frank Thomas needs to get his head out of his ass.

4. Ben Davis doesn't belong in Major League Baseball.

ma_deuce
07-07-2004, 01:04 AM
:ohno

"When, Lord? Whens it gonna be my time?"

CHISOXFAN13
07-07-2004, 01:06 AM
A few things...

1. Joe Crede has got to learn to lay off any pitch on the outer-half of the plate. Everyone knows he tries to pull those pitches, so that's where most teams pitch him. If he can't lay off the pitch, then he needs to learn to hit the ball to right field.

2. I've about had it with Carlos Lee. What the hell was that, swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded?

K Rod has 80 plus K's in 50 innings, so falling behind counts isn't exactly advantageous against him. Carlos got a good pitch to hit and hit it hard. Kind of tough to blame him, IMO. Can't really argue with anything else in your post though, unfortunately.

fan_since_64
07-07-2004, 01:09 AM
i would have hoped being dissed in the All Star balloting would have built a fire under these guys. Guess not!

mdep524
07-07-2004, 01:32 AM
What a terrible game. The Sox looked dead out there...dare I say... Corpseball...

The fact that this offense is so damn streaky is a major disadvantage. You're not going to win every gam when your offense is on fire, but you ARE going to lose just about every single one when they're cold.

pudge
07-07-2004, 01:33 AM
What a terrible game. The Sox looked dead out there...dare I say... Corpseball...

The fact that this offense is so damn streaky is a major disadvantage. You're not going to win every gam when your offense is on fire, but you ARE going to lose just about every single one when they're cold.
Yep, and it's been going on for the past several years - they need a left-handed bat badly. Steve Finely?

nasox
07-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, let's just right this ship tomorrow.

mdep524
07-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Yep, and it's been going on for the past several years - they need a left-handed bat badly. Steve Finely?
A left handed bat would be nice, but what they really need is a guy with some speed that can handle the bat and get on base. Guys that can bunt, Guys that can walk. Guys that make consistent contact (NOT pop ups).That's why Jason Kendall would be perfect.

Sunday night we lost because Todd Walker was down 0-2 but hung around fouling off tough pitches to walk in the winning run. Today Anaheim scored a run on a suicide squeeze, then another in the ninth on a bases loaded Adam Kennedy hit-by-pitch that was basically a walk after he fouled off several pitches. These guys have a GAME PLAN up there (other than see how high we can hit pop ups). We need some hitters like this!!! KW, are you out there?

Lip Man 1
07-07-2004, 01:48 AM
That's why this team has been driving what fans they have left crazy since 2001.

For all the 'talent' this club has had on paper since the start of the 2001 season the biggest lead they have ever had in the division was a measly 2 1/2 games.

They are simply inconsistent and that kills them year after year after year.

Maybe it's Maggs being out, maybe it's game after game, series after series against teams over .500 while the Twins have been playing garbage for the past month and a half. Everyone keeps talking about how the Twins schedule is so hard in September...folks, it may not even matter by then.

That five game winning streak means very little when you follow it up by looking sick, dropping four straight.

I don't know what to tell you, it's 'all or nothing' with these guys and that isn't going to change for two or three years.

Lip

Dice
07-07-2004, 01:56 AM
8 runs in the last 6 games...I think corpseball is creeping upon us.

Save us Ozzie!

LASOXFAN
07-07-2004, 01:57 AM
A few things...

Buy this man a beer. Crede either doesn't listen to Walker or whatever Walker's telling him ain't working. I really do watch him closely and that long, big swing of his is killing him and me. He turned it around second half last year by doing exactly what you said: hitting the ball to right field. That automatically shortens up the swing and lets you drive the ball. He's a thickheaded hack with great leather who's costing the Sox games. He's hitting less than .150 with runners in scoring position!!!!!! Send him down and let him get it right and maybe teach him a lesson. Let Dransfeldt and Uribe play 3B for a spell.

Anyone else miss Magglio?

OEO Magglio
07-07-2004, 02:09 AM
A few things...

4. Ben Davis doesn't belong in Major League Baseball.Ok calm down because Crede had a rbi tonight so he wasn't awful. I really hope your kidding about carlos that ball he hit was absolutely hammered. Maybe Frank is doing bad because he's been riding the bench the last 3 games and he's been in a funk since the start of interleague play in nl parks. Well I can't argue about ben davis.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2004, 02:12 AM
Actually it's nine runs in the past five games.

Lip

JB98
07-07-2004, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=LASOXFAN]Buy this man a beer. Crede either doesn't listen to Walker or whatever Walker's telling him ain't working. I really do watch him closely and that long, big swing of his is killing him and me. He turned it around second half last year by doing exactly what you said: hitting the ball to right field. That automatically shortens up the swing and lets you drive the ball. He's a thickheaded hack with great leather who's costing the Sox games. He's hitting less than .150 with runners in scoring position!!!!!! Send him down and let him get it right and maybe teach him a lesson. Let Dransfeldt and Uribe play 3B for a spell.[QUOTE]

The worst thing that's happened to Joe is he's hit a few HRs. Now, he's trying to do it all the time. The timing has to be just perfect with that long, loopy swing. For a time in June, it was. Now, he's out of rhythm again and totally ineffective.

My biggest concern is the top of the order. Harris, Perez, Thomas and Lee were all 0-fer tonight. The biggest key is Frank. We have to get him going again. When he wakes up, we'll score runs. In the meantime, this is really frustrating. I'll be at the game Wed. to celebrate my birthday, so I hope Schoney pulls a win out of his butt. The Sox already ruined the 4th. I hope they don't ruin my b-day with this corpseball too. :mad:

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 02:29 AM
8 hours at comiskey to watch ben davis' batting avg drop from .088 to .081 what a wonderful waste of my tuesday, t'were it not for all the good lookin girls who were frolicking thru the monsoon, i would call the ENTIRE day a bust, pun unintended.

DSpivack
07-07-2004, 02:55 AM
My first sox game of the year= Major Suckage.

I'm returning tomorrow, so hopefully things are better.

Thoughts after tonight:

As for Ben Davis, why Kenny, why? I know the other catchers are Jamie Burke and Sandy Alomar, but Ben Davis is abso-freaking-lutely terrible. He's the new in joke at USCF, and he's only had one game.

Magglio, Magglio, wherefore art thou Magglio?
Ross Gload's K on a high-- and I do mean high-- fastball is one of the worst swings I have ever seen in my life. Not only was he not even close to being close, the pitch was way too high to even being close to the strike zone.

'Cept for one pitch, Garcia was very good. But one pitch will do it. Still, 8 IP= a very solid start.

Go get 'em tomorrow, Schoney! First time I see you start as a White Sox.

Since this was my first game of the year, and having sat in the UD for a half-hour or so waiting out the rain delay before moving back down to my seats in the bleachers, the stadium does look MUCH nicer this year. Good job, whoever is responsible for the renovations.

But I have to be at work in 6.5 hours, so that is about it for now.

skobabe8
07-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Every time this team needs a big win it seems they just lie down. They come home from an obviously bad weekend to their own AMERICAN LEAGUE ballpark in front of a supportive crowd who braved the elements to welcome Freddy in his first home start and help them get the 'W', and they lay an egg. A chance to kick butt on national T.V.?....Lay an egg.

:turkeys This pick is allright for now, but I think we need a better one!!! Anyone have a better image???

On a side note, everyone take the time to congratulate me on hitting the century mark!:)

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 03:54 AM
A few things...

Well, rodriguez is a good pitcher and i was terrifed when i saw him come up, thank god we got a break when he wild pitched on strike 3 to willie. Lee just missed that being the winning hit, had he gotten a little more on it, he would be our PTC.

As for frank, im fearing we're returning\relapsing to his days of moaning\unable to get the bat off his shoulders on anything inside.

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 03:57 AM

Thoughts after tonight:

As for Ben Davis, why Kenny, why? I know the other catchers are Jamie Burke and Sandy Alomar, but Ben Davis is abso-freaking-lutely terrible. He's the new in joke at USCF, and he's only had one game.

Magglio, Magglio, wherefore art thou Magglio?
Ross Gload's K on a high-- and I do mean high-- fastball is one of the worst swings I have ever seen in my life. Not only was he not even close to being close, the pitch was way too high to even being close to the strike zone.

'Cept for one pitch, Garcia was very good. But one pitch will do it. Still, 8 IP= a very solid start.

Go get 'em tomorrow, Schoney! First time I see you start as a White Sox.

Since this was my first game of the year, and having sat in the UD for a half-hour or so waiting out the rain delay before moving back down to my seats in the bleachers, the stadium does look MUCH nicer this year. Good job, whoever is responsible for the renovations.

But I have to be at work in 6.5 hours, so that is about it for now.
HA, weird karma how our last names are similar and we were at the same game and will be at the same game in 17 hours from now. Me and batman were in 536, we knew rain was a comin so we prepared, tomorrow we're gonna get something with a nice view...of the field and ladies of course..

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 03:59 AM
Every time this team needs a big win it seems they just lie down. They come home from an obviously bad weekend to their own AMERICAN LEAGUE ballpark in front of a supportive crowd who braved the elements to welcome Freddy in his first home start and help them get the 'W', and they lay an egg. A chance to kick butt on national T.V.?....Lay an egg.

:turkeys This pick is allright for now, but I think we need a better one!!! Anyone have a better image???

On a side note, everyone take the time to congratulate me on hitting the century mark!:)

I would disagree, we've smacked minnesota up and down the donna dixon line this year, and id consider those games of bigger importance than todays or the scrub series.

BigEdWalsh
07-07-2004, 04:06 AM

Thoughts after tonight:

My first game of the year too. I got there at 6:00, so waited 3 hours for the game to begin. It began as a Freddy Love Fest. The 3-run homer didn't end the love but definately took the punch out of our party.

I really thought in the 8th the Sox were gonna pull it out. The whole crowd stood for Frank's AB and then Carlos'. Carlos smacked the ball good but Anderson got to it.

Any hope that was left, Cotts put an end to it. He sucked! Politte was strong, but the damage was done. Game over....:mad:

Oh yeah, and Ben Davis....yeah he sucks big-time.

StockdaleForVeep
07-07-2004, 04:47 AM
My first game of the year too. I got there at 6:00, so waited 3 hours for the game to begin. It began as a Freddy Love Fest. The 3-run homer didn't end the love but definately took the punch out of our party.

I really thought in the 8th the Sox were gonna pull it out. The whole crowd stood for Frank's AB and then Carlos'. Carlos smacked the ball good but Anderson got to it.

Any hope that was left, Cotts put an end to it. He sucked! Politte was strong, but the damage was done. Game over....:mad:

Oh yeah, and Ben Davis....yeah he sucks big-time.
Garcia def got the biggest ovation durin intro compared to say frank\lee\konerko

I was astonished at the crowd at how many stayed(26k), i so expected it to be a graveyard after the rain(it was tech, our bats were dead)

How does mighty homerun threat Jeff DaVannon smack a 1-2 pitch into right field seats?:?:

I thought someone on the boards here said if they run the bday msgs during rain delay it ment game was def called.

SSN721
07-07-2004, 07:01 AM
I just love how this team continually punches you in the face everytime you go and support it. I was shocked at the large crowd that stayed last night, very nice to see that. ANd the love for Freddy was great to see. The crowd was hanging on every pitch, when he was on the mound it almost had the feel of a playoff game. Everyone tried so hard to support and cheer them on, and it seemed the Sox in turn did everything in their power to get outplayed, look overmatch, and look dead. I have nothing constructive to say, just disgusted the way this team has looked, nowhere close to giving up becasue there is far too much of the season left, but nights like this make me look back at the end of the year if we dont make and ask why I even bothered after that point. Ugh, just embarrassing.

samram
07-07-2004, 08:05 AM
A few things...

Agree on three of your points. I have no problem with CLee swinging at the first pitch fastball from KRod. If he takes that, he would have had to hit one of those nasty sliders, and I don't think anything good would have come from that.

Crede really does need to learn how to go the other way. He seems to have the same swing at every pitch no matter where the ball is.

And as goes Franks, so goes this team.

The reason White Sox fans seems bipolar is because this team is bipolar. Five straight wins to get to 9 over, now four straight losses to get back to 5 over and 1.5 GB. They are consistently inconsistent. Although, I really think we should have expected that at some point, playing good teams almost every night (except for Montreal) for a month without their best hitter, the offense would have some problems. And they didn't disappoint.

Oh, and we can scratch one more game against a bad team off the schedule for Minnesota.

SoxxoS
07-07-2004, 08:48 AM
For everyone ranting:

:prozac

infohawk
07-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Let's not get to down on the Sox. I attribute their offensive struggles to interleague play. To a certain extent, as Frank Thomas goes, so go the Sox, and Frank had to sit out several games. The Sox are very much a "rhythm" offense. The line-up changes required during interleague play, especially being without Frank, destroyed their rhythm. They will get it back. This team will go on a significant run. I have no doubt in my mind. Even the Yankees have had a tough stretch of days lately!

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 10:48 AM
For everyone ranting:

:prozac
Prozac has no effect on me. :smile:

skobabe8
07-07-2004, 02:22 PM
I would disagree, we've smacked minnesota up and down the donna dixon line this year, and id consider those games of bigger importance than todays or the scrub series.
In the large scheme of things, the minny games are more important, but only if you take care of business elsewhere. Just when it seems like we can build a little momentum (signing freddy and returning home to show him what kind of run support he can expect all season), we don't show up. And you can't argue our futility on national TV as of yet. I get po'd when I feel like i was more hyped up for this game than the players.