PDA

View Full Version : Santana is dealing!

bigdommer
07-06-2004, 10:55 PM
The Twins' Johan Santana is absolutely dealing right now after being shaky for the first couple months of the season. 3 hits and 13 K's in a shutout against the Royals tonight. I know, a Royals' lineup minus Beltran and Sweeney is weak, but this guy has been dealing for weeks.

The Sox were lucky Jon Garland was better last Thursday. As shaky as the Twins' rotation is, their 1-2 of Radke-Santana is pretty tough. I think that this is going to be a good race as long as those two are in it.

SoxxoS
07-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I can't wait until we play the Royals and the Tigers.
(Yes, I know we struggled against the Tigers...new year this year.).

34 Inch Stick
07-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Silva has been preety good (against the rest of the league) as a 3rd starter.

Anyone who thinks this is not going to be a battle until September is sadly mistaken. The good part about it is we seem to have the Twins number this year in head to head competition.

WinningUgly!
07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
The Twins' Johan Santana is absolutely dealing right now after being shaky for the first couple months of the season. 3 hits and 13 K's in a shutout against the Royals tonight. I know, a Royals' lineup minus Beltran and Sweeney is weak, but this guy has been dealing for weeks.

The Sox were lucky Jon Garland was better last Thursday. As shaky as the Twins' rotation is, their 1-2 of Radke-Santana is pretty tough. I think that this is going to be a good race as long as those two are in it.
The Royals have now scored one run, over their last 28 innings.