PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cubs Shirts

DoggPhood
07-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I went to one of the Cubs/Sox games at the Cell last weekend and I noticed all the Corked/Chokers/etc shirts that dissed on the Cubs. Then, on Sunday I was down by Wrigley trying to scalp a ticket (no luck, even in the fourth inning tickets were still $75 for the bleachers), and every anti-Sox thing said SUX instead of SOX. Wow. Those Cubs fans are hilarious. Man, that was funny. SUX. That's great. I even saw one that said COX. Whoa there. Hilarious, hilarious stuff.

I'm being sarcastic. What idiots they are.

JoseCanseco6969
07-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Its kinda weird how at the Cell, the vendors all had both SUX and Choke shirts, but at the urinal, only Sux. And at the sox games inside, they have Cubs stuff for sale. No such luck at the Shrine. Just kinda crazy.

C-Dawg
07-06-2004, 10:21 PM
An interesting observation: A friend of mine is a lifelong Cubs fan. He's always dissing Sox fans who can't name 5 playes on their team, yet wear "Choke", "Cubs Suck", or "Sosa Cork Co." T-shirts. (Honestly, I don't know where he gets his information because every Sox fan I know knows everyone on the team). So on July 4th I went to the Sox/Cubs game at the "other place" and what did I see but tons of "Sox Suck" shirts, and the like (you know, the ones with the 3 Chicago disasters - the flood, the fire, and the Sox). There were a lot more anti-Sox shirts then I've ever seen at the Cell. I snapped a few pics for my friend to see that our fans aren't alone in bashing the other team.

Myself, I'd rather just wear good pro-Sox stuff. Right now my favorite is my official Tucson 2004 spring training T-shirt :) I'll be wearing it this Sunday and hopefully Thursday night as well. GO SOX!!

Cuck the Fubs
07-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Its kinda weird how at the Cell, the vendors all had both SUX and Choke shirts, but at the urinal, only Sux. And at the sox games inside, they have Cubs stuff for sale. No such luck at the Shrine. Just kinda crazy.
I was harrassing the same vendor at all 3 games at the Cell vs. the Flubs for selling all that Flubs crap......Why in the world would they sell that crap at our park!!!

Whitesox029
07-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm being sarcastic. No, there's no reason to use teal to inform us of that.
:rolleyes:

pissonthecubs
07-06-2004, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=DoggPhood]I went to one of the Cubs/Sox games at the Cell last weekend and I noticed all the Corked/Chokers/etc shirts that dissed on the Cubs. Then, on Sunday I was down by Wrigley trying to scalp a ticket (no luck, even in the fourth inning tickets were still $75 for the bleachers), and every anti-Sox thing said SUX instead of SOX. Wow. Those Cubs fans are hilarious. Man, that was funny. SUX. That's great. I even saw one that said COX. Whoa there. Hilarious, hilarious stuff.QUOTE]

its true, there are Flubs fans that dont like the Sox, and hate the Sox as much as they hate the Cards or the Brewers. But when ever you listen to a show on the radio, every Flubs fan says they could care less about the Sox and to them they don't even exsist. funny how when you go to a Sox/Flubs game, every other Flubs fan has a Sox Sucks shirt on. also don't tell Dan Berstein, Jonathan Hood, or Moron that Flubs fans hate the Sox just as much as they do teams in their division, you will be ran off the air faster then you know.

oeo
07-06-2004, 11:39 PM
The White Sox are smart; they brought in more sales, as the Cubs are not.