PDA

View Full Version : i just thought about this yesterday...

SomebodyToldMe
07-06-2004, 06:41 PM
with sammy's cork incident last year, has anyone else here thought about him using that in the home run derby that was in atlanta?

he said it was for batting practice so i'm sure he used that in every single home run derby he's been in.

and i bet he'll use one in this year's...but of course, no one in the media or the game itself will question it.

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2004, 08:15 PM
with sammy's cork incident last year, has anyone else here thought about him using that in the home run derby that was in atlanta?

he said it was for batting practice so i'm sure he used that in every single home run derby he's been in.

and i bet he'll use one in this year's...but of course, no one in the media or the game itself will question it.
He never does anything wrong,does he??:wink: :wink: :D: :D:

CubKilla
07-06-2004, 08:15 PM
I hope you, unlike the Chicago media, didn't buy that BS.

And it was discussed on here, at length, about how ShamME started the finals of the '02 HR Derby with one bat then, when he was choking (as usual), he went and grabbed a bat that looked conspicuously like Ole' Corky.

SomebodyToldMe
07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
oh of course i didn't buy into his crap...i know he used that bat a LOT...honestly, when something isn't going your way, what do you do? you get your secret weapon.

and i never thought about that bat switchero thing...i'm replaying the event in my head now...makes perfect sense.