PDA

View Full Version : 3 Way Deal

CP20
07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Cubs fan here with a question to run by Sox Fans. If Ordonez were to be traded, would you(or Ken Williams) consider trading him to the Cubs? I came up with a 3 way deal off the top of my head that goes something like this:

Boston Sends Nomar to the Cubs
Boston Sends Mueller to the White Sox

Sox Send Ordonez to the Cubs

Cubs Send Alou to the White Sox
Cubs Send Clement and a decent prospect to Boston

Would that deal be of any interest to Sox fans? I can see by glancing at thread titles there is some discontent with Crede. Mueller is a quality, inexpensive alternative with a cheap team option for next year. Alou can help replace some of the offense lost by trading Ordonez, and is a Free Agent after the season as well. Anyways, what do you think?

BTW, Congrats on inking Garcia to an extension.

MarkyBear
07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
No thanx, it wouldn't be of interest to me...

bobj4400
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Cubs fan here with a question to run by Sox Fans. If Ordonez were to be traded, would you(or Ken Williams) consider trading him to the Cubs? I came up with a 3 way deal off the top of my head that goes something like this:

Would that deal be of any interest to Sox fans? I can see by glancing at thread titles there is some discontent with Crede. Mueller is a quality, inexpensive alternative with a cheap team option for next year. Alou can help replace some of the offense lost by trading Ordonez, and is a Free Agent after the season as well. Anyways, what do you think?

:dtroll:

rdivaldi
07-06-2004, 03:52 PM

So we get Mueller and Alou and the Cubs get Nomar and Ordonez?

:rolling:

eshunn2001

None at all. Maggs going to the Cubs would not sit well with me at all. .......And Would Alou be required to wash his hands before coming over here?

Rocky Soprano
No Way!

Baby Fisk
07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey, welcome aboard. :welcome:

And now in response to your proposition:

:chunks

HomeFish
Alou for Ordoņez would be a stupid trade. Both contracts expire at the end of this year and neither is going to sign with the Sox. Mueller is hitting .263, and that's with half of his games at Fenway. Even Crede could put up those numbers if he tried really hard.

StepsInSC
Seriously man how can that be justified?

SomebodyToldMe
in no way would i want to see maggs in a cubs jersey...i'd rather have him in a yank-these one than a cubs one.

::shivers::

CP20
07-06-2004, 03:54 PM
So we get Mueller and Alou and the Cubs get Nomar and Ordonez?

:rolling:
It's obviously slanted from my Cubbie perspective, but the Cubs give up Clement, whose numbers rival any starter in the bigs, as well as Alou.

guillen4life13
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I think that knowledgable BoSox fans would be out with their axes and guns looking for people to kill if that deal went down.

Bill Mueller is a very good 3B, but he's been injury prone for the last few years. Alou is also a bit injury prone, old, and in a contract year. Besides, would KW really want to *shake* on a contract with Alou?:tongue:

MarkyBear
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
It's obviously slanted from my Cubbie perspective, but the Cubs give up Clement, whose numbers rival any starter in the bigs, as well as Alou.

Obviously slanted???

NAAAHHH!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tekijawa
07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I would rather be tied to a Urine trough in you "bathrooms" at the Park with the weeds on the wall for a week, than to let that trade happen...

rdivaldi
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
That's an understatement. KW is in the habit of trying to improve our team, from a White Sox point of view we would get significantly worse with that deal. I'd understand if Clement was coming to us, but Alou and Mueller?

oeo
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
You give up Clement, but we get Alou for Ordonez? Wow, that's a terrible idea.

HebrewHammer
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM

BTW, Congrats on inking Garcia to an extension.I'm glad you're not running the White Sox, if that trade were made I would order a Brewers hat and jersey right after picking my jaw up from the floor.

:chunks
"We'll just trade for Mags! Woooo! World Series!"

JRIG
07-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Trade rumors with no reputable sources are Talking Baseball material.

Baby Fisk
I think that knowledgable BoSox fans would be out with their axes and guns looking for people to kill if that deal went down.
Ha ha! You should check out the Boston Globe online. Bostonians have already taken to their axes, guns, pitchforks, flaming torches, exorcism scrolls, etc. They want to ride not only Nomah out of town, but Francona and boy genius Theo Epstein. If the heat gets to little Theo, who knows what kind of looney trade he might try to pull?

CP20

Bill Mueller is a very good 3B, but he's been injury prone for the last few years. Alou is also a bit injury prone, old, and in a contract year. Besides, would KW really want to *shake* on a contract with Alou?:tongue:
Really? They need pitching and Clement is likely the best one that could become available outside of the Big Unit. Nomar has been a malcontent and is replaceable within the team, and Youkilis is finally unblocked by this deal.

quade36
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Boston Gets....

Clement, Prospect

Sox Get....

Alou, Mueller

Cubs Get...

Maggs, Nomar

hmmmm, I wonder which team gets the best of this trade....:nuts:

I'm ssang, and I'm still an IDIOT!
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm sure you meant well with your trade idea. But that is one of the worst proposals Have ever seen in any kind of trade for anything in the history of out universe. Think about that deal for a second. Please tell me you're kidding.

HebrewHammer
07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
:threadsucks

We haven't seen this yet?

CP20
07-06-2004, 04:04 PM
That's an understatement. KW is in the habit of trying to improve our team, from a White Sox point of view we would get significantly worse with that deal. I'd understand if Clement was coming to us, but Alou and Mueller?
I'm obviously counting on Mueller improving upon his current .330 OBP in the deal. I think the deal ends up being an offensive wash from the White Sox standpoint, which is why I wanted an opinion on it. You gain offense in Mueller over Crede, and lose offense in Alou from Ordonez.

CP20
07-06-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm sure you meant well with your trade idea. But that is one of the worst proposals Have ever seen in any kind of trade for anything in the history of out universe. Think about that deal for a second. Please tell me you're kidding.
The White Sox side was the one I wasn't sure about, hence me asking about it. I suggested it under the assumption that there is no chance of Ordonez being re-signed, so he is dealt for a quality OF to replace him, as well as an upgrade at 3B. Thanks for your feedback.

fquaye149
07-06-2004, 04:19 PM
everyone in this deal is in a walk year except maybe mueller who i really couldn't care less if he's in a walk year.

So basically does it improve anyone now?

absolutely not.

Well, actually, boston makes out like a bandit on this deal.

Maybe you made this up or something, and I'd hope so, because there's no way Jim Hendry or Kenny would ever consider this one.

Oh, and if it happened I'd probably shoot myself (in the foot or something, nothing too deadly :) )

doublem23
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Worst. Trade. Ever.

rdivaldi
07-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I think the deal ends up being an offensive wash from the White Sox standpoint, which is why I wanted an opinion on it. You gain offense in Mueller over Crede, and lose offense in Alou from Ordonez.
Not even close to a wash. Crede is vastly superior to injury prone Mueller on defense, not to mention the huge loss in power and the big age difference between the two.

Thanks for the "This Thread Sucks", I was wondering when someone would finally throw that in.

RKMeibalane
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
:threadblows:

Blob
07-06-2004, 04:47 PM

:threadblows:

StillMissOzzie
07-06-2004, 05:43 PM
...but the Cubs give up Clement, whose numbers rival any starter in the bigs, ......
:hawk
"Your WHAT hurts? There's a buncha starters I'd take before Clement!"

And, everyone knows the Cubs won't sign Alou at his option price anyhow.

WhiteSox = Life
07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I didn't think it was physically possible, but this thread both sucks and blows.

At least this poster is better than the CubFanDrool or whatever his asinine name was. That is to say, he doesn't have an attitude problem and starts ripping the Sox. A very bad trade proposal, but nothing incendiary from the member, so I see no problems beyond the deal.

:b&b
"Heh heh... Heh... He said 'member.''

gobears1987
07-06-2004, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't give up Mags for anyone, even Babe Ruth:D:

pearso66
07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
If we are going to trade Maggs for any OF value, it will be one that will be around for a while. If we are going to let any OFer walk, it will be Maggs. Trading an expiring contract of a great OF for an injury prone, decent OFer who is also expiring would be the worst trade ever. Alou would land us B value picks at best, where Maggs will give us the teams top picks. Maybe if Clement and Zambrano, or "the Savior" was coming to the White Sox do I even consider a trade of Maggs to the Cubs.