PDA

View Full Version : KW just on ESPN 1000

WWIII
07-06-2004, 04:22 PM
He said that he talked to Maggs right away after doing the Garcia deal to let him know that in know way does this affect the offer to Maggs that is on the table. I hope we can still resign him. How awesome would this team be in full force?!?

Malgar 12
07-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Speaking of Maggs, is there any indication of when he's going to be ready for a minor league re-hab, or back with the Sox?

kittle42
07-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Speaking of Maggs, is there any indication of when he's going to be ready for a minor league re-hab, or back with the Sox?
Well, you see, KW is waiting to put a Cub-esque spin job on the Maggs injury so that no one will know that he is actually more hurt that first reported.

However, no one will ask him, so he'll just have to keep waiting. :smile:

JoseCanseco6969
07-06-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm worried about Maggs being the same Maggs when he eventually comes back. I think KW should wait to resign Maggs until he plays a month or so. I think it would be smart to wait to make any type of concession with that fifth year. What will we say if maggs turns out to be a slow DH type of OF because of that knee and our team handicapped with two DH's??? I know this is all hypothetical but it could be an issue with no one knowing when he will return.
Feel free to bash my statement!:D:

pudge
07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm worried about Maggs being the same Maggs when he eventually comes back. I think KW should wait to resign Maggs until he plays a month or so. I think it would be smart to wait to make any type of concession with that fifth year. What will we say if maggs turns out to be a slow DH type of OF because of that knee and our team handicapped with two DH's??? I know this is all hypothetical but it could be an issue with no one knowing when he will return.
The knee injury was not at all serious.

bigdommer
07-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I think the delay has to do with Ozzie more than it does Maggs. Ozzie wants to be sure that Maggs plays at 100% full strength. Most young, aggressive managers are like Ozzie: they don't want guys dogging it to stay safe, and they realize that the long term is more important. An older manager would take a player's word, and roll the dice. I agree with Ozzie, the last thing we need is Maggs in the middle of this order running at 75% speed.

he_gone_89
07-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Kind of like when Jose Canseco played for the sox and Frank was coming back from an injury.

Kadafi311
07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Kind of like when Jose Canseco played for the sox and Frank was coming back from an injury.Worst... text color... ever...

You owe me tree-fitty.

TornLabrum
07-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Kind of like when Jose Canseco played for the sox and Frank was coming back from an injury.
That's cyan. This is teal. See the difference?

StepsInSC
07-06-2004, 09:08 PM
That's cyan. This is teal. See the difference?
One denotes sarcasm, the other causes retinas to bleed...

Frankfan4life
07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
He said that he talked to Maggs right away after doing the Garcia deal to let him know that in know way does this affect the offer to Maggs that is on the table. I hope we can still resign him. How awesome would this team be in full force?!?That's some my-t good news. :D: And this team could use some good news for a change.

mdep524
07-07-2004, 02:03 AM
The word today was that if he feels good tomorrow, Maggs might go on his 3 game Triple-A rehab stint this weekend and then join the Sox after right the All Star Break.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2004, 02:13 AM
So much for all the talk about coming back before the break.

Lip

mcfish
07-07-2004, 11:14 AM
The knee injury was not at all serious.
Ohhh, That's why he hasn't played in over a month.