PDA

View Full Version : Wise Guys - Friday - Jimbo's

BeerHandle
07-06-2004, 04:04 PM
If anyone is going to the game or can get out of work early on Friday, the Wise Guys will be doing a remote from Jimbo's. I just came from the park and saw the banner hanging.

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I am going to the game on Friday, and I do get off of work at 11:30am(I do every friday:D: ) Where is Jimbos?? I just usually head straight to the park from 94 to 35th

bobj4400
07-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I am going to the game on Friday, and I do get off of work at 11:30am(I do every friday:D: ) Where is Jimbos?? I just usually head straight to the park from 94 to 35th33rd and Princeton on the North end of Armor Square Park behind the Field house...

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
is there easy access to parking??

bobj4400
07-06-2004, 04:40 PM
is there easy access to parking??
The parking lot (not sure which letter it is) with the old comiskey home plate that is on the south end of armor park is probably the closest to jimbo's. the street parking is all residential so you would need a parking pass...

BeerHandle
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
If you are driving and plan on parking I would suggest parking at the bar First Base. 31st/32nd and Normal. Go in buy a soda or beer and ask for a neighborhood pass (they are free if you have a drink). Then head over to Jimbos. Only about a three block walk.:gulp:

JoseCanseco6969
07-06-2004, 06:20 PM
If anyone is going to the game or can get out of work early on Friday, the Wise Guys will be doing a remote from Jimbo's. I just came from the park and saw the banner hanging.
Sounds good, what time will they be there???

BeerHandle
07-07-2004, 10:17 AM
I believe the sign hanging on the outside of Jimbos said 2-6:30 p.m.

Jimbo's
3258 S. Princeton Ave. http://entertainment.metromix.chicagotribune.com/pix/map.gif (http://entertainment.metromix.chicagotribune.com/map?PTR=M&POI1streetaddress=3258+S%2E+Princeton+Ave%2E&POI1city=Chicago&POI1state=IL&POI1zip=60616%2D3614&POI1name=Jimbo%27s) http://entertainment.metromix.chicagotribune.com/pix/b_nearby.gif (http://entertainment.metromix.chicagotribune.com/top/1,1419,M-Metromix-Home-!PlaceDetail-959,00.html#nearby)
312-326-3253

Hours: Bar 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Food is served according to the White Sox home games schedule--kitchen stays open until the game starts.
:gulp:

hawkjt
07-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Yea I distinctly remember North saying last year at this time that he was officially no longer a sox fan. I said good riddance. He has not been to a game in years. Proud of the fact. He is the dumbest talk show guy in america.

skottyj242
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
If you are driving and plan on parking I would suggest parking at the bar First Base. 31st/32nd and Normal. Go in buy a soda or beer and ask for a neighborhood pass (they are free if you have a drink). Then head over to Jimbos. Only about a three block walk.:gulp:
Jimbo will give you a pass too, I saw him handing them out last night.

Brian26
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
No offense to Jimbo's, but I've been to a couple of North broadcasts in the past from different Hooter's locations, and it wasn't very enjoyable. Generally the sound system is so weak that you can't hear a word that is being said - and it's usually so crowded that service sucks. Maybe Jimbo's has a better set-up planned, but I wouldn't go there expecting to have a super-great experience.- unless you're so tanked that it doesnt matter.

BeerHandle
07-09-2004, 02:50 PM
No offense to Jimbo's, but I've been to a couple of North broadcasts in the past from different Hooter's locations, and it wasn't very enjoyable. Generally the sound system is so weak that you can't hear a word that is being said - and it's usually so crowded that service sucks. Maybe Jimbo's has a better set-up planned, but I wouldn't go there expecting to have a super-great experience.- unless you're so tanked that it doesnt matter.
I'm going to support a remote near the Park. I'm glad they come to the Southside. They do way more up North and things need to change.
:dtroll:

Time to sick the wolf on'em

OzzieBall2004
07-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Yea I distinctly remember North saying last year at this time that he was officially no longer a sox fan. I said good riddance. He has not been to a game in years. Proud of the fact. He is the dumbest talk show guy in america.

North is on vacation so "Bufoon" is there with Mike Mulligan, who knows absolutely nothing about baseball (and not because he never played the game, he just sounds completely clueless).