PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Cellular - Do's and Dont's

itsnotrequired
07-06-2004, 03:27 PM
The Sox website states that "Bottles, cans, hard sided coolers or other liquid containers may not be brought into the park." I will be going to tonight's game straight from work (taking the El) and will have a small backpack with me that contains my morning coffee thermos mug. It is metal, about 14 oz. and has a plastic lid. It will be empty.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will I get hassled walking through security if that is in my bag? I would hate to take it down there with me and have them confiscate it. On the other hand, I don't want to leave it at work and do without my coffee tomorrow morning! Has anyone here brought similar items into the park?

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
they will look in your bag, just open the mug up for them and show them that it is empty and you should be fine

Jerko
07-06-2004, 03:34 PM
They MAY make you "check it in". They used to have a van that they kept that stuff in during the games. Also, it doesn't matter if it's empty or not; if it's metal, it CAN be used to clobber somebody with, and add that to tonight being half-price moron night and you MAY have to leave it somewhere.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2004, 03:37 PM
They MAY make you "check it in". They used to have a van that they kept that stuff in during the games. Also, it doesn't matter if it's empty or not; if it's metal, it CAN be used to clobber somebody with, and add that to tonight being half-price moron night and you MAY have to leave it somewhere.
Yeah, the fact that it is metal is my biggest concern. I think I'll just leave it at work and use a different container tomorrow morning.

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Good cal I didnt even take into consideration that it was metal

The Sox don't need anyone getting attacked with Metal coffee mugs again!!

Blob
07-06-2004, 03:46 PM
The Sox website states that "Bottles, cans, hard sided coolers or other liquid containers may not be brought into the park." I will be going to tonight's game straight from work (taking the El) and will have a small backpack with me that contains my morning coffee thermos mug. It is metal, about 14 oz. and has a plastic lid. It will be empty.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will I get hassled walking through security if that is in my bag? I would hate to take it down there with me and have them confiscate it. On the other hand, I don't want to leave it at work and do without my coffee tomorrow morning! Has anyone here brought similar items into the park?
They'll check your backpack and may not let you in with it. I would leave it at the office and use a different one for tomorrow!

HomeFish
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
They never confiscate things, at least in my experience. They make you leave it somewhere outside the ballpark.

I betcha I could walk in with a gun and they'd tell me "go back and leave it in your car." If I told them I took the El, they would just shrug and tell me its not their problem.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your input, everyone. I think I'll just leave it here to avoid headaches.

On a related note, has anyone here ever brought "legal" items to the Cell only to have it confiscated at the gate? I'm talking about food, water in a sealed bottle, etc. Seems to me that if you walked through the gate all loud and belligerent with a bottle of sealed water, they might take it away from you before you chuck it at someone!

I went to a Chicago Fire game a few weeks ago and if you buy bottled water at a stand, the seller opens it for you but doesn't give you the cap. I asked for the cap to help prevent spilling and they basically said it was a rule that they can't give people the caps. Soccer hooligans strike again...

Blob
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your input, everyone. I think I'll just leave it here to avoid headaches.

On a related note, has anyone here ever brought "legal" items to the Cell only to have it confiscated at the gate? I'm talking about food, water in a sealed bottle, etc. Seems to me that if you walked through the gate all loud and belligerent with a bottle of sealed water, they might take it away from you before you chuck it at someone!

I went to a Chicago Fire game a few weeks ago and if you buy bottled water at a stand, the seller opens it for you but doesn't give you the cap. I asked for the cap to help prevent spilling and they basically said it was a rule that they can't give people the caps. Soccer hooligans strike again...
NEVER had any problems with food or water. But, you can only bring 1, one liter bottle of water in and it has to be sealed!

jdm2662
07-06-2004, 04:30 PM
That rule wasn't instituted because of Fire fans. It was because they played a Mexican club team a couple of years ago, and guess which fans threw bottles on the field? I've never left a game in my life where I was pissed off and not because of the outcome...
________
CHEAP GENERATION MP5A5 HEAVY AIRSOFT LOADED (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/generation-mp5a5-heavy-airsoft-loaded/)

itsnotrequired
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
That rule wasn't instituted because of Fire fans. It was because they played a Mexican club team a couple of years ago, and guess which fans threw bottles on the field? I've never left a game in my life where I was pissed off and not because of the outcome...
At the game I went to (Fire vs. San Jose) , I was suprised at how well behaved the crowd was. Much better than a Sox game. I figured there must have been an "incident" which triggered such a policy.

HomeFish
07-06-2004, 04:38 PM

On the day of Game 7 of the NLCS, I went to an exhibition soccer game between the national teams of mexico and Uruguay at Soldier Field.

Uruguay won 2-0 and Mexico had a goal taken away on a controversial call after it had already been put on the scoreboard. About a minute before the game ended, just about everything started flying onto the field and onto the one tiny section of Uruguayan fans. Half-finished boxes of popcorn, cups with beer still in them, etc. EVERYTHING. I was hit in the back of the head by an empty pack of cigarettes meant for a Uruguayan player a few rows below me.

Of course, events a few miles north made all of that a secondary concern to me. As I walked downtown after the game, I found myself in front of a bar with TVs visible from the street at the moment that Bako made the last out of the game. It was a magical moment.

cheeses_h_rice
07-06-2004, 05:06 PM

I couldn't bring my bag in to the home opener in '02 thanks to the paranoia over terrorism, and ended up having to try to hide the bag in the bushes by the railroad tracks, and came back to find my bag gone when I left the park. You never know how stupid/tough security will try to be, so just leave the mug at work and pick it up the next day. It's just not worth it.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
I couldn't bring my bag in to the home opener in '02 thanks to the paranoia over terrorism, and ended up having to try to hide the bag in the bushes by the railroad tracks, and came back to find my bag gone when I left the park. You never know how stupid/tough security will try to be, so just leave the mug at work and pick it up the next day. It's just not worth it.
My buddy took his bag to the game earlier in the year so I'm guessing mine won't be a problem. All that will be in it is my work pants, work shirt and an umbrella.

cheeses_h_rice
07-06-2004, 05:50 PM
My buddy took his bag to the game earlier in the year so I'm guessing mine won't be a problem. All that will be in it is my work pants, work shirt and an umbrella.
I meant that it's not worth it to bring in your coffee mug -- they seem to have gotten a lot looser on the size bags you can bring in since April '02, so you shouldn't have a problem with your work bag itself.

jdm2662
07-07-2004, 10:36 AM
At the game I went to (Fire vs. San Jose) , I was suprised at how well behaved the crowd was. Much better than a Sox game. I figured there must have been an "incident" which triggered such a policy.
The supporters section can get rowdy, but they make agreements with Solider Field staff on what they can and can't do. For the most part, the worse they do there is swear at the opposing goalie. It was funny like six years ago, but it's gotten old.
________
Creampie anal (http://www.****tube.com/categories/447/anal/videos/1)

jdm2662
07-07-2004, 10:46 AM
On the day of Game 7 of the NLCS, I went to an exhibition soccer game between the national teams of mexico and Uruguay at Soldier Field.

Uruguay won 2-0 and Mexico had a goal taken away on a controversial call after it had already been put on the scoreboard. About a minute before the game ended, just about everything started flying onto the field and onto the one tiny section of Uruguayan fans. Half-finished boxes of popcorn, cups with beer still in them, etc. EVERYTHING. I was hit in the back of the head by an empty pack of cigarettes meant for a Uruguayan player a few rows below me.

Of course, events a few miles north made all of that a secondary concern to me. As I walked downtown after the game, I found myself in front of a bar with TVs visible from the street at the moment that Bako made the last out of the game. It was a magical moment.
I can rant all day on the topic, not on the game itself, but the topic of that team described and their fans, but I won't. This is a White Sox board. Just be thankful the Tuesday night morons don't act like they do.
________
LOLOL (http://lolol.net/)